PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

I don't instaface, so I was hoping someone could explain the above to me...

Does these mean he is deleting publicly available Instaface messages? If that's the case, it seems odd to me that no one discovered and reported on those messages. I mean, we see tweeterers from, like, 10 years ago surface from out of nowhere....

Or does it mean he is deleting private instaface messages? Is that even a thing? And if so, wouldn't the recipients maintain a record of the message, or do they lose it too?
Most likely deleting private messages via Instagram.

That's not correct. Neither side has presented a full case, and neither side has been completely silent.
Although this is true, there's an overwhelming amount of noise coming out of Buzbee. He's had numerous press conferences and keeps on trickling out information that sometimes is just inaccurate. The other side, not so much: initial statement from Watson, then his attorney, then last week on the blackmail of one of the plaintiffs allegations.
Even if it were, though, it wouldn't change the reality of the charges/claims.
Perception of the charges by the general public is the only reality that matters at this point since we're not in court yet.
And people pointing to the PD situation are missing the entirety of the point. This is not a criminal issue at this point, the attorney in question is not required to provide information (particularly on some specific timeline), and the police could get involved even without the attorney.
It was Buzbee that brought up the PD. He's filing lawsuits in civil court. You'd think he knows this isn't a criminal case. Why do you think he said he had already reached out to PD, which turned out to be false. Why do you think he said he would submit evidence to PD a week ago but has yet to do so? Buzbee is driving the narrative. He knows lay people don't have a clue how this stuff works and just the mention of PD connotes a level of seriousness of the "crime" in people's minds. There's people that are ready to send him to jail. Is that something that a civil court can rule on?

It's one thing to point out the obvious issues in any legal case, especially if you're willing to acknowledge possible problems with such claims. But what far too many on this board have been doing is making assumptions about what issues might be, using those assumptions to claim some level of a certainty, and then arguing from that false certainty. It's bootstrapping of the most ridiculous sort.
I'm sure.

Also, the same people bagging on the claimants' attorney for failure to provide things in a particular time frame have chosen to ignore the fact that the respondent's attorney has done the same thing.

"Next week" was last week
Watson's side did respond last week. They came out saying Watson was being blackmailed by one of the plaintiffs. They also said Buzzbe refused to share "privately" the name of these women. They also said this was a continuous moving target and they would wait until Buzbee was done.

I have no comment on Watson's innocence or guilt in whatever it is he's being accused of because I haven't heard all the facts of the case. However, it seems clear to me this Buzbee character is slimy AF and I frankly don't trust anything coming out of his mouth. That's just "my perception." It doesn't really mean anything as it relates to the guilt or innocence of DW.

Perception of the charges by the general public is the only reality that matters at this point since we're not in court yet.
Perception of the charges by the general public is relevant only in that it may, theoretically, impact the ability to empanel a jury. Outside of that, PR's nice, if it can pressure the opposing side into some level of submission. But it means nothing in terms of the case itself.

It was Buzbee that brought up the PD. He's filing lawsuits in civil court. You'd think he knows this isn't a criminal case. Why do you think he said he had already reached out to PD, which turned out to be false. Why do you think he said he would submit evidence to PD a week ago but has yet to do so? Buzbee is driving the narrative. He knows lay people don't have a clue how this stuff works and just the mention of PD connotes a level of seriousness of the "crime" in people's minds. There's people that are ready to send him to jail. Is that something that a civil court can rule on?
Bringing up the PD doesn't mean one must involve them. It also doesn't mean one must involve them on a particular timeline.

As for your question, the judge(s) can, perhaps, impose a gag order once the case is active. In theory, requirements would need to be met. In practice, requirements tend to be largely dismissed after a pretend inquiry.

Watson's side did respond last week. They came out saying Watson was being blackmailed by one of the plaintiffs. They also said Buzzbe refused to share "privately" the name of these women. They also said this was a continuous moving target and they would wait until Buzbee was done.

Yes, and that's the point. Both sides are talking in the press, yet some of you seem to be laying it all on the claimants' side.

I have no comment on Watson's innocence or guilt in whatever it is he's being accused of because I haven't heard all the facts of the case. However, it seems clear to me this Buzbee character is slimy AF and I frankly don't trust anything coming out of his mouth. That's just "my perception." It doesn't really mean anything as it relates to the guilt or innocence of DW.

I don't know Buzbee. I would never try a case in public. You should never trust anything beyond the bare bones of case discussion when it's coming out in public, from either party in a court case. Almost every single thing can, and will, be spun.

Most likely deleting private messages via Instagram.
Well his side came out and denied doing so, but who knows what's true.... regardless, I would think the victims would have had the smarts to save any incriminating evidence if such exists and not leave it open to something he could have simply deleted..... if it is true, that's on them....

Last edited:
Bringing up the PD doesn't mean one must involve them. It also doesn't mean one must involve them on a particular timeline.
You don't have to involve them on a particular timeline but when you say you contacted the Houston police and it turns out you didn't and then you say "Our team will be submitting affidavits ... to the Houston Police Department and the Houston District Attorney, on Monday morning" and then you don't, it will naturally raise some reasonable questions.

I don't know Buzbee. I would never try a case in public. You should never trust anything beyond the bare bones of case discussion when it's coming out in public, from either party in a court case. Almost every single thing can, and will, be spun.
Amen. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why I withhold personal judgement until I see/hear some legit evidence. Right now we have none.

(For some reason, a lot of people have gotten very mad at me for simply waiting for evidence to surface. I am not sure why that is)

Perception of the charges by the general public is relevant only in that it may, theoretically, impact the ability to empanel a jury. Outside of that, PR's nice, if it can pressure the opposing side into some level of submission. But it means nothing in terms of the case itself.
The NFL is extremely sensitive to public opinion and public perception will go a long way towards determining what the NFL does. Goodell will stick his finger in the air, see which ways the public winds are blowing, and use that to a large degree in making his own determinations. Also, the public's perception of Watson will speak to his value with things such as endorsements.

Tremendous amounts of money are at stake based purely on how the public perceives Watson. It goes far beyond "the ability to empanel a jury".

This article's existence should (but probably won't) shut up a lot of the more militant Watson defenders here, with regards to some of their positions. Maybe it'll come the craziness down a bit.

Last edited:
Again the fact that these are all women with the same occupation with very similar patterns of behavior and there's over 20 of them and some are just coming out without anything to even gain from a civil trial makes me very reticent to think this is made up.

This article's existence should (but probably won't) shut up a lot of the more militant Watson defenders here, with regards to some of their positions. Maybe it'll come the craziness down a bit.

From the article:

Moreover, Watson’s blanket denial of ever treating women with disrespect helped spur Mary to speak up and lend her voice as a witness.

“More than anything, the fact that he’s denying all the allegations makes it more of a reason for us to use our voice and say what we have to say,” she says.

Interesting to see evidence for Watson's blanket denial being at least partially responsible for the large number of allegations coming forward. Mary's response in this situation definitely has lots of those indicia of credibility.

why are WE, Pats fans ,even talking about this punk degenerate waste of talent? CYA SCUMBAG...try Orchids Of Asia...tell em Ring 6 sent ya....

From the article:

Moreover, Watson’s blanket denial of ever treating women with disrespect helped spur Mary to speak up and lend her voice as a witness.

“More than anything, the fact that he’s denying all the allegations makes it more of a reason for us to use our voice and say what we have to say,” she says.

Interesting to see evidence for Watson's blanket denial being at least partially responsible for the large number of allegations coming forward. Mary's response in this situation definitely has lots of those indicia of credibility.
I'm not weighing in on any level of specifics, or strength of case based upon public statements, or anything else even remotely of that nature. I'm just talking about the abject stupidity of some of the posts that have been made, and a whole lot of those stupid posts have been made by the Militant Watson defenders/Buzbee attackers.

There's a wide avenue of disagreement on this that could have been done reasonably. Instead, we had silliness like "But Buzbee won't give out the names of women who claim sexual harassment type issues and might be harassed if their names get out" (which, I might add, Hardin should have known better than to float for the rubes), and "But all the claims are from one lawyer, so that's a red flag!".

why are WE, Pats fans ,even talking about this punk degenerate waste of talent? CYA SCUMBAG...try Orchids Of Asia...tell em Ring 6 sent ya....
Because, if Watson is cleared, people here are hoping the Patriots have a shot at getting him.

I'm not weighing in on any level of specifics, or strength of case based upon public statements, or anything else even remotely of that nature. I'm just talking about the abject stupidity of some of the posts that have been made, and a whole lot of those stupid posts have been made by the Militant Watson defenders/Buzbee attackers.

There's a wide avenue of disagreement on this that could have been done reasonably. Instead, we had silliness like "But Buzbee won't give out the names of women who claim sexual harassment type issues and might be harassed if their names get out" (which, I might add, Hardin should have known better than to float for the rubes), and "But all the claims are from one lawyer, so that's a red flag!".
Definition of Militant Watson defenders/Buzbee attackers: Anyone who dares suggest we wait for, you know, actual evidence to surface.....

Balls. Yeah that account of things isn't good.

Don't know if there's anything criminal in there. Still skeezy though.

Wilson may not be mormon, but if the Jets do end up drafting him, hopefully the folks at BYU rubbed off (haha) on him a bit.

Never know who the creepy ones are.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back