PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

So when its the Pats and AB it is the truth. DW and the Texans the media looks the other way? Kinda like that Governor from NY...
The NFL generally lets lawsuits like this run their course before they do anything. AB's issue was that the artist (not the trainer, who started everything by suing him) declined to file a lawsuit and instead worked directly with the NFL. That avoided the drawn out legal process and put him under investigation immediately. The NFL suspended him for 8 games combined for the artist and mover incidents, and said they will deal with the trainer's accusations after the legal process is over. If his bad news had ended after the trainer, he probably would have played out the season in New England.

So, he asked for a tug, the lady said no, he left.

I mean, it is stupid behavior, but does it count as sexual assault?
The fact she even got a lawyer over it is ridiculous. She just wanted a pay day clearly.

So when its the Pats and AB it is the truth. DW and the Texans the media looks the other way? Kinda like that Governor from NY...
Pro football talk spent more than a half hour this morning on it.

Setting up to be the most glorious Kraft/Watson common interest buddy film ever !

(also, MUST hear from Easterby how his sensibilities were dinged up after hearing of this sexcapade !)

Setting up to be the most glorious Kraft/Watson common interest buddy film ever !

(also, MUST hear from Easterby how his sensibilities were dinged up after hearing of this sexcapade !)
Maybe that's the angle. Easterby forces Caserio to trade Watson and then comes out saying they couldn't keep him in good conscience after hearing about this very un-Christian accusation. They HAD to wash their hands of such a foul person!

Bonus points if they send him to NE so Easterby can take another shot at Kraft.

Maybe that's the angle. Easterby forces Caserio to trade Watson and then comes out saying they couldn't keep him in good conscience after hearing about this very un-Christian accusation. They HAD to wash their hands of such a foul person!

Bonus points if they send him to NE so Easterby can take another shot at Kraft.
These allegations are very serious, so I don’t want to seem overly insensitive, but (1) if the latest reports are true, I don’t think Watson will be in hot water and (2) for me, bashing a loser like Easterby is fun. I know Americans are very religious, but this guy.......

I mean, if that is what he really did... it is wrong for sure, but is it illegal?
Soliciting an act of prostitution is illegal in most states and counties. Unless he was in Reno Las Vegas, then yes that is technically illegal.

Or did you already forget what happened with Robert Kraft?

This fall "Jerking it" featuring Kraft and Watson

Soliciting an act of prostitution is illegal in most states and counties. Unless he was in Reno Las Vegas, then yes that is technically illegal.

Sollicitation, I had forgotten about that. Thank you!

Money needs to be involved for solicitation.

Prostitution is actually illegal in Reno and Las Vegas. Nevada state law is such that prostitution is legal in general, but illegal in municipalities over a certain size.

Money needs to be involved for solicitation.
Dude is paying for a massage, then asks for a rub down. Clearly if he got his happy ending money would have been exchanged.

Whatever he tipped or payed for the massage, could be viewed as paying for a sexual favor.

Dude is paying for a massage, then asks for a rub down. Clearly if he got his happy ending money would have been exchanged.

Whatever he tipped or payed for the massage, could be viewed as paying for a sexual favor.

Except nothing happened. No payment and no handy.

This is not a crime.

This is not a crime.
Potential intent to commit solicitation (if true) seems to be the most I can tell here unless I am missing something. I don't see how it became labeled sexual assault. It makes me sad that this would be lumped into the same bin as true violent acts in the minds of many people.

This is not a crime.
Solicitation is a crime. Now I imagine proving it in this case would be impossible. A verbal communication could be viewed as misconstrued.

Either way it's not a good look for Watson and a very believable story. Not much of a case which is probably why the attorney blasted it with a "come forth other victims" approach.

All it takes is a few more woman to step up and for Watson to pay some hush money quietly to make this go away

Potential intent to commit solicitation (if true) seems to be the most I can tell here unless I am missing something. I don't see how it became labeled sexual assault. It makes me sad that this would be lumped into the same bin as true violent acts in the minds of many people.

At best it's a misdemeanor anyway. Craft got what he paid for and didn't even catch a felony charge out of it.

It was a scummy thing for him to do though. Should never treat any woman like that.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back