PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

At best it's a misdemeanor anyway. Craft got what he paid for and didn't even catch a felony charge out of it.

It was a scummy thing for him to do though. Should never treat any woman like that.
Really, it is simply the optics of the situation. Asking a woman to touch you wherever isn't illegal. Offering to pay her to touch you wherever is illegal. Assuming the woman is over 18 etc. However, if it happened it looks bad, and some people will be offended by it, and the NFL hates to look bad.

“Unlike him, this isn't about money for me -- it’s about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that.”

Does anybody even know her name yet? If this isn’t about money, then it would make more sense to file a criminal complaint rather than a civil one.

Soliciting an act of prostitution is illegal in most states and counties. Unless he was in Reno Las Vegas, then yes that is technically illegal.

Or did you already forget what happened with Robert Kraft?
Is she saying he offered to pay for these acts?

Dude is paying for a massage, then asks for a rub down. Clearly if he got his happy ending money would have been exchanged.

Whatever he tipped or payed for the massage, could be viewed as paying for a sexual favor.
Is there a video of this?

Potential intent to commit solicitation (if true) seems to be the most I can tell here unless I am missing something. I don't see how it became labeled sexual assault. It makes me sad that this would be lumped into the same bin as true violent acts in the minds of many people.
This is a civil suit, no crime needs to be established. This is a ploy to embarras Watson, imo.

Except nothing happened. No payment and no handy.

This is not a crime.
Offering money in exchange for sexual favors would count as being illegal. I am not saying that is what he did because I haven't seen the facts of the case nor have I seen the (official) rebuttal, but you don't need an exchange of cash and/or the actual performance of the sexual act.

(Whether or not a prosecutor could prove such a thing beyond a reasonable doubt is a whole 'nother matter, I am just stating that it would be illegal to solicit)

Guess we'll see what happens, the lawyer seems a bit unhinged so it's a little sketchy...have to see what happens when we get details on what the accusation actually is.

Offering money in exchange for sexual favors would count as being illegal. I am not saying that is what he did because I haven't seen the facts of the case nor have I seen the (official) rebuttal, but you don't need an exchange of cash and/or the actual performance of the sexual act.

(Whether or not a prosecutor could prove such a thing beyond a reasonable doubt is a whole 'nother matter, I am just stating that it would be illegal to solicit)

If he offered her money then ya that changes it a bit but I was under the understanding that he simply asked her to do something and she asked him to leave.

He gets what he deserves to be honest because asking anyone that, especially someone who's just trying to make a living is a scummy bs move.

The timing is sure quite odd. Like it seems as though the Texans are behind it to scare teams off.

Guess we'll see what happens, the lawyer seems a bit unhinged so it's a little sketchy...have to see what happens when we get details on what the accusation actually is.
There are endless layers of sketchiness here... a pro athlete has access to the best care available.... if he's going on instagram for a massage, he isn't doing it for medicinal reasons. The lawyer seems sketchy himself, albeit apparently a phenomenally successful one.

It's just nice to have something like this happen and not be our problem for once.....

If he offered her money then ya that changes it a bit but I was under the understanding that he simply asked her to do something and she asked him to leave.

He gets what he deserves to be honest because asking anyone that, especially someone who's just trying to make a living is a scummy bs move.

I'm assuming the therapist wasn't coming to his house to give him a free massage, so money was probably offered by Watson, just not for what the therapist was expecting. This is similar to Kraft's situation without the act. Probably nothing criminal per se, but the NFL won't respond kindly if the allegations are true. Shame if this were true...Watson looks like a good guy.

So what does this do to his trade market now?

If there is a video then surely the Texans need to loose a 3rd round pick

I'm assuming the therapist wasn't coming to his house to give him a free massage, so money was probably offered by Watson, just not for what the therapist was expecting. This is similar to Kraft's situation without the act. Probably nothing criminal per se, but the NFL won't respond kindly if the allegations are true. Shame if this were true...Watson looks like a good guy.

So what does this do to his trade market now?
FWIW, he went to her house - which kinda took me by surprise. I am not exactly familiar with the standard practices of that industry, but I thought the therapist was usually the one who went to the client, not vice-versa.

The allegations that are posted above in the TMZ story are a little more than" just asking".

The text message apology should be easy enough to prove or disprove.

Has Deshaun denied knowing her ?

FWIW, he went to her house - which kinda took me by surprise. I am not exactly familiar with the standard practices of that industry, but I thought the therapist was usually the one who went to the client, not vice-versa.

maybe, but when it comes to rich athletes, i'm sure there are exceptions...but you’re right, Watson went to her house.

The allegations that are posted above in the TMZ story are a little more than" just asking".

The text message apology should be easy enough to prove or disprove.

Has Deshaun denied knowing her ?

That apology could be for anything if she has the text. She needs to prove it happened.

Once worked with an awesome HR Director who told me, "There's THREE sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth!"
This looks real...

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back