PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

This is great, obviously Watson needs a hand from Kraft now (get it;)). BB can now trade for him for peanuts and Kraft can hook him up with his lawyers and get him off :evil:.

Seriously, why the US hasn't adopted the "loser pays" doctrine for civil proceedings is amazing. Again, if you really feel like you were assaulted, call the Police and not some scum bag attorney.

I have said many times, if I was advising all the young rich guys, I would have them invest in secret body cameras.
Talking to a lawyer is much more likely to lead to actual results than talking to the police on your own because most people probably aren't legal professionals.

To me, it does make more sense to pursue criminal charges for this kind of thing rather than civil. But I don't think the choice of criminal vs civil action necessarily indicates one way or another who's telling the truth.

Its really hard to say this is an attempted gold dig or that he really did it.
Does feel weird they came looking for coin rather than go to the police.
to reiterate previous comments. If he did "it" he's a douche and should face justice system. and if he didn't there should be a day of reckoning for the accuser.
As a football fan, I really hope he didn't do it. He's such a talent.

Same day Houston signs Taylor. Apparently, this attorney is McNair's neighbor?
I really want to believe the whole "Texans FO did this" conspiracy because it would really bolster the opinion of them I already had. But I don't see it. There's really nothing to gain on their end. If they wanted him gone, they could just trade him for an insane package of picks and players to a third of the league at any moment. Something like this could only hurt the trade return.

It would make even less sense for this to be a ploy to keep him, since it would just mean that your franchise QB is a rapist (assuming their hypothetical plan according to the conspiracy theory works).

The lawyer wanted money and threatened to file suit if Watson didnt pay.

I really want to believe the whole "Texans FO did this" conspiracy because it would really bolster the opinion of them I already had. But I don't see it. There's really nothing to gain on their end. If they wanted him gone, they could just trade him for an insane package of picks and players to a third of the league at any moment. Something like this could only hurt the trade return.

It would make even less sense for this to be a ploy to keep him, since it would just mean that your franchise QB is a rapist (assuming their hypothetical plan according to the conspiracy theory works).
Yea, I thought the same thing (why depress his value) but it could maybe be a way to: 1. discredit stuff he may be coming out with about the team; 2. justify the team moving on from him to the fans; 3. pressure him to drop his opposition to staying (so suit gets dropped).

I don't know enough to believe any of this stuff. It just seems like the "bad reality show" level drama around that organization, is enough to make anyone leave (e.g. Watt, McKinney, Watson).

I feel bad for Cannon (despite him making millions).

I’m going to wait for more info but if it’s true this is almost the worst lawyer in the world she could have chosen.

Listening to how this is being discussed by the media, it certainly has shifted the Watson/HOU talk from team issues to Watson and this suit. Mission accomplished?

He deserves to be heard. Men, women...people lie for gain all of the time. “Believe all accusations” is ridiculous. Take the accusation seriously and get both sides. But of course Watson will be attacked and smeared on a mere accusation.

Wow. So he’s definitely not coming here anymore. A sexual assault accusation by a masseuse? No way ol’ Beat Off Bobby wants that kind of press.

Announcing this in a comment on Instagram is not something that increases credibility.

Nicely planted story, ha ha.
OK Bill, make your move.
It is all about timing.

Innocent until proven guilty, period. This news changes nothing for me.

Innocent until proven guilty, period. This news changes nothing for me.

You must have missed the #BelieveHer movement

Reprehensible act by Watson. Texans have no choice but to trade him immediately to the Patriots.

Announcing this in a comment on Instagram is not something that increases credibility.
That's not evidence of anything. It doesnt sway me one way or another. Unfortunately I think most people jump to a guilty conclusion whenever any allegation is made about anyone...especially famous people.

Betting this is complete nonsense.

So, he asked for a tug, the lady said no, he left.

I mean, it is stupid behavior, but does it count as sexual assault?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back