PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

So he's lying...

Buzbee has previously gone billboard-big, too. According to his Instagram, in 2014 Buzbee put 10 billboards up around Houston with the message, “Keep Johnny football in Texas!” trying to get the Texans to draft Manziel, the former Texas A&M star and Heisman Trophy winner.

"… I put up 10 billboards up around Houston asking my neighbor Mr. McNair [former Texans owner Bob McNair] to draft the greatest college football player ever,” Buzbee wrote in the caption. “Obviously, it didn’t happen.”

He may be a Texas A&M fan or Manziel fan, but not necessarily a Texans fan. Even if he is, taking these actions to punish their QB for asking for a trade is ludicrous. This guy sounds like a publicity whore, but he is also a very serious and successful attorney. And it’s not about him, it’s about the women filing the lawsuits.

He may be a Texas A&M fan or Manziel fan, but not necessarily a Texans fan. Even if he is, taking these actions to punish their QB for asking for a trade is ludicrous. This guy sounds like a publicity whore, but he is also a very serious and successful attorney. And it’s not about him, it’s about the women filing the lawsuits.
As with most things like this, it seems folks have their stance and discussions on a forum won't change it.

I completely understand how folks can think there's too much smoke here and DW must be some scumbag.

I just think there's plenty of facts (or lack there of) that point to this being a smear attempt.

If there's any truth to these claims, he may never play in the NFL again.

So he's lying...

Buzbee has previously gone billboard-big, too. According to his Instagram, in 2014 Buzbee put 10 billboards up around Houston with the message, “Keep Johnny football in Texas!” trying to get the Texans to draft Manziel, the former Texas A&M star and Heisman Trophy winner.

"… I put up 10 billboards up around Houston asking my neighbor Mr. McNair [former Texans owner Bob McNair] to draft the greatest college football player ever,” Buzbee wrote in the caption. “Obviously, it didn’t happen.”

If you read the whole article QAJete he says he has never been a Texan fan. He was a Johnny football fan.

As with most things like this, it seems folks have their stance and discussions on a forum won't change it.

I completely understand how folks can think there's too much smoke here and DW must be some scumbag.

I just think there's plenty of facts (or lack there of) that point to this being a smear attempt.
I hear your arguments, and there are merits to them.

My question would be : what is the likelihood of 13 women all lying about this very high profile case ? They are putting themselves in the line of fire vs someone much more powerful / famous.

I’ll wait for details, but while you are adamant about facts, you don’t see a troubling situation brewing here ? You truly believe 13 (so far) women would put themselves through this for a potential pay out ?

I have two words for everyone........

Duke Lacrosse

orchestrated by a publicity hunting politically motivated district attorney

a few more.....

Twana Brawley
orchestrated by a publicity hunting "preacher" in a track suit, who is now a millionaire yet still pays no taxes

UVA Fraternity
orchestrated by a publicity hunting dying magazine

Have we not learned to wait for the facts?

Again I'd just be speculating. But you have to imagine DW can get massages and much more for free multiple times a day by just walking in a club or party.
Or... he could come to you.

I have two words for everyone........

Duke Lacrosse

orchestrated by a publicity hunting politically motivated district attorney

a few more.....

Twana Brawley
orchestrated by a publicity hunting "preacher" in a track suit, who is now a millionaire yet still pays no taxes

UVA Fraternity
orchestrated by a publicity hunting dying magazine

Have we not learned to wait for the facts?
My favorite is the Brett Kavanaugh story. One woman, with no recollection of where or when she was assaulted and nobody that could even put them in the same place at the same time, got to put a SCOTUS appointee through hell and get 24/7 coverage for weeks.

14 women now?

What a pig.

My favorite is the Brett Kavanaugh story. One woman, with no recollection of where or when she was assaulted and nobody that could even put them in the same place at the same time, got to put a SCOTUS appointee through hell and get 24/7 coverage for weeks.
yeah...that lady is crazy.

14 women now?

What a pig.
I don't buy the numbers Buzbee is selling us. How do you know there are 14 women? What, because some lawyer filed some paperwork which said so?

Well, he went to A&M and has a building named after himself there, so yeah I guess it would make sense that he was an A&M fan....

I can't follow or make sense of this. One lawyer, one massage place, months of visits, a couple dozen "assaults" all brought forward to make it appear that they are all waking up and coming forward independently of each other? Am I getting this right?

(So did the Pats do this to make him more available? Lower price? Sorry - can't help myself.)
If the Pats were behind the smear campaign, clearly they'd pick a vehicle other than a rich person's massage habits...

IMO it makes Watson "untouchable" (see what I did there?) for the Patriots.

I hear your arguments, and there are merits to them.

My question would be : what is the likelihood of 13 women all lying about this very high profile case ? They are putting themselves in the line of fire vs someone much more powerful / famous.

I’ll wait for details, but while you are adamant about facts, you don’t see a troubling situation brewing here ? You truly believe 13 (so far) women would put themselves through this for a potential pay out ?
13 women is bad. Agreed.
But then you'd have to ask with 13 different situations, wouldn't there be some evidence?

Again, there is at least one report (I've only read 2 of the 13) that states a manager being involved. DW only paid $100 instead of the agreed upon $300. And it was her first massage for the company.
Now I'm not sure if he paid the masseuse or the manager, but the report states the masseuse asked the manager why DW only paid $100.
Think about just that one situation. You're a manager and your brand new employee gives you 33% of what you were expecting. Don't you ask questions? Don't you follow up about a high profile client being disappointed with the service?

How isn't there some paper trail of a complaint? And if the manager knew about the sexual assault... they would have had to file a police report.

At bare minimum, someone needs to speak to the manager. If the manager says something like, yeah she said she was sexually assaulted but I just didn't report it because... (it's so common, or he's famous)... then yeah that would qualify as some proof.

And that's just one of the thirteen. There has to be some other possible way to investigate some of the others.

That's all I'm waiting for.

I don't buy the numbers Buzbee is selling us. How do you know there are 14 women? What, because some lawyer filed some paperwork which said so?
Can a lawyer falsify lawsuit documents that are formally presented to the courts?

Nevermind, I already know the answer.

13 women is bad. Agreed.
But then you'd have to ask with 13 different situations, wouldn't there be some evidence?

Again, there is at least one report (I've only read 2 of the 13) that states a manager being involved. DW only paid $100 instead of the agreed upon $300. And it was her first massage for the company.
Photographic evidence of the manager has surfaced....
1616514625751.png

Can a lawyer falsify lawsuit documents that are formally presented to the courts?

Nevermind, I already know the answer.
Legally? No. You can't drink and drive legally either but Buzbee seems to have done that... fact is that so far there is nothing in those documents that couldn't be dropped in a heartbeat if Buzbee wanted to.

"Your honor, we're dropping petitions numbered 3 through 21 since all those women decided they didn't want to come forward. We ask that you continue to respect the victims' privacy and I will not be identifying the clients."

(You actually don't even have to talk to a judge to withdraw a petition... it can just disappear if need be....)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back