PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

do we know where he got these massages - found these masseuse's ?

bottom line is, if you're a high profile client like this, you go through the team's resources, you schedule with someone they know, you don't bring them into your home, you try and get this done at team facilities if you can..........at the very least he's guilty of leaving himself open to this sort of thing

so either he's a dumb ass who left himself open to this........or he's sketchy and was bouncing around using different masseuse's because he was looking for a little extra
One of them, he met on Instagram and flew her in from Atlanta and put her up on a hotel.

Edit: this is the one who claimed she got scared, passed out and defecated upon herself

No way would the payouts be anything close to 7 figures and I doubt even 6 figures. So no, I fully disagree with your notion that it's more money than they would ever make in their lifetime.

The damage to his reputation is done. Paying for silence is the most valuable thing and even someone like Stormy Daniels only made like a 100k off of someone running for president
It's too late to pay for silence. That's what I don't understand about this attorneys strategy. He's going full round-the-clock saturation bombing.

He's turning stuff over to PD. DA probably only charges DW if he believes he can win a criminal case. That's a risk because if DA doesn't charge him, I would think that perception wise, it would weaken the civil cases.

It's too late to pay for silence. That's what I don't understand about this attorneys strategy. He's going full round-the-clock saturation bombing.

He's turning stuff over to PD. DA probably only charges DW if he believes he can win a criminal case. That's a risk because if DA doesn't charge him, I would think that perception wise, it would weaken the civil cases.

But that likely keeps DW sidelined in 2021.

Mission accomplished.

No one said anything about Cuomo either until the nursing home scandal came out....or Bill Cosby until the first accuser came out.

The idea that any woman coming out is just looking for a payout or to make an point is I think a large reason many women don't come out. Once one person "bites the bullet" per say. then mentally people feel like its okay to talk.

one accuser is one thing like Antonio Brown. you can make the case how come theres no other accusations. but 22? and theres text messages where he apologizes for making one "uncomfortable" theres alot of smoke here.
It's so smoky that some here can't see what's right in front of them.

But that likely keeps DW sidelined in 2021.

Mission accomplished.
Huh? If he doesn't get charged why would he be sidelined?

I mentioned previously all rich/famous folks should record everything 24/7. Walking around with body cams n such.

Hope we see the day soon that someone gets caught up in a similar situation, but doesn't release the footage right away. Doesn't let the public know he has the proof of innocence.

Just let the public criticism mount. More complaints start coming in. Discussion of criminal charges...

Then after everyone is all riled up, release the videos showing no wrongdoing.

Huh? If he doesn't get charged why would he be sidelined?

Because he's not playing for the Texans, and if things keep getting worse in the public eye, I don't see teams giving up multiple 1st rounders for him.

Not really. It's much easier to believe AB would do something that stupid once or twice, than to expect a guy who's had a pristine reputation for most of his career to have done it 22 times and counting, all coinciding with him becoming discontent and trying to leave the team.

I'm not saying it's false, but as the old sayin goes, "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Especially when the claimant has a potential ulterior motive for pushing his claim
You keep using the singular to describe the alleged victims. How many will you need before you refer to them as claimantS?

one accuser is one thing like Antonio Brown. you can make the case how come theres no other accusations. but 22? and theres text messages where he apologizes for making one "uncomfortable" theres alot of smoke here.
This has no bearing on his guilt or innocence, but have you ever had a full body massage in the nude?

Because he's not playing for the Texans, and if things keep getting worse in the public eye, I don't see teams giving up multiple 1st rounders for him.
Oh gotcha. I forgot he didn't want to play for the Texans, lol.

I mentioned previously all rich/famous folks should record everything 24/7. Walking around with body cams n such.

Hope we see the day soon that someone gets caught up in a similar situation, but doesn't release the footage right away. Doesn't let the public know he has the proof of innocence.

Just let the public criticism mount. More complaints start coming in. Discussion of criminal charges...

That sounds nice but would be a huge mistake with the short attention span of most people.

I get a kick out of the "he's got a great reputation" defense, like we know anything about the guy.

Wasn't that the plot of a Rob Lowe movie?

That sounds nice but would be a huge mistake with the short attention span of most people.

I get a kick out of the "he's got a great reputation" defense, like we know anything about the guy.

I mean we do know he gives back to the community. There are multiple reports of him spending time/money helping people, giving thousands of meals to folks, even feeding cops during that latest winter storm n power outage.

Meanwhile others with means, including their Senator just leave.

Now maybe that doesn't make him Mother Theresa, but it definitely speaks to character.

Wasn't that the plot of a Rob Lowe movie?

Dunno. Would be a cool movie though. If you think of the title, let me know.

Watson traded...FB_IMG_1616445658982.jpg

No way would the payouts be anything close to 7 figures and I doubt even 6 figures. So no, I fully disagree with your notion that it's more money than they would ever make in their lifetime.
Why would you not think the punitive damages could reach into 7 figures? Kobe allegedly paid over $2 million to his accuser, and that was back at a time when he was making less than half of what Watson is scheduled to make.

While I could buy they might not get 7 figures each, there is no way payouts would be less than mid-to-high 6 figures from an athlete as prominent (and rich) as Watson if he loses.

True, but it is info to consider.

These things are never easy. Of course you always want to believe the woman (or man) who claims to be a victim, but in the early stages, it's just word-vs-word.

So maybe you side slightly with the victim initially.

Then you start accounting for any evidence and/or circumstances. And here are the only things we know for sure:
1. He is at a crucial moment in his career, basically wanting no part of Houston.
2. A lawyer who is a huge Texan fan all of a sudden brings these allegations.
3. Up until this point, Watson has been known as a model citizen and great guy. Meals to broke folks, cops...
4. The lawyer releases "evidence". You'd think the first stuff released would be at least somewhat damning... but no. The evidence I think actually helps Watson. The text messages read as being polite and considerate.

So I'm very much thinking this is a BS scheme at the moment. But that can change at any time of course, if there's any actual evidence of wrongdoing on Watson's part.
It's word vs wordS, with 12 victims and more in the wings.

1. He's at a critical time in his life and maybe he was trying to get away.
2. The lawyer and all of those women are making this sh!t up to help the Texans? That's far-fetched.
3. You don't have a clue what Watson is really like. Being a millionaire and giving away money to folks and cops is good PR, but doesn't tell us anything about the guy.
4. His text messages are an apology for doing something wrong. Of course he's going to be polite.

The question you need to ask yourself before you get hurt jumping through hoops to defend the guy is why is he using so many different masseuses and why are so many making claims against him?

Watson should have used an alias...something like, uh...say....Carlos Danger....THAT would have saved him all this grief :whistle:
It didn't work too well for Carlos. :)

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back