PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas Re-Signed to 1-Year Deal with Harry on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I got laughed at for saying Meyers would have a better year than Harry.

Looks like I was right.
What do you want, a gold star?

It’s his MO, Andy isn’t here to discuss he’s here to prosecute anyone he disagrees with.
No I just expect people to be genuine, stand behind what they say, accept when they are mistaken, and not try to make it personal.

Another questionable high draft pick on an injury prone player. I called it last week; this guy's not playing a snap this season

The list continues...Wynn, Harry, Michel, Dowling, Garcia....
How do you consider Harry an injury prone pick?

Another questionable high draft pick on an injury prone player. I called it last week; this guy's not playing a snap this season

The list continues...Wynn, Harry, Michel, Dowling, Garcia....

Michel carried the rock 71 times for 336 yards (4.7 average) and 6 tds in three playoff games last year. He also got 931 yard in the regular season.

All that on a RBBC team...

Garcia was a third-round pick.

Get outa here, with that nonsense.

Harry played in 37 of a possible 38 college games in his three years at ASU. The one game he missed wasn’t because of injury, and was because he had declared for the draft and wasn’t going to play in a meaningless bowl. How does that suggest a history of being injury prone?..

Dude, you've been wanting Dorsett out the door since you proclaimed your binky Berrios in and PD out. Not sure why you dislike PD so much when he's done his job here and has great hands.
I don't hate Dorsett, but he has zero upside and very limited roster value. Dorsett only plays when the good players can't.

Harry played in 37 of a possible 38 college games in his three years at ASU. The one game he missed wasn’t because of injury, and was because he had declared for the draft and wasn’t going to play in a meaningless bowl. How does that suggest a history of being injury prone?..
Trolls just make up nonsense to get attention. If he posted something intelligent, everyone would ignore him.

The list wasn't long but it was extinguished...er...distinguished :rolleyes:

It was long when the news first broke. And then we gradually walked them off the cliff

You haven’t. He has played zero special teams snaps per pro football reference.

LOL, maybe I'm confusing him for someone else but I appreciate your tactful way of correcting me.

Point of my original comment was about who will be active.

I don't hate Dorsett, but he has zero upside and very limited roster value. Dorsett only plays when the good players can't.
Even if that's the case, having a reliable WR as depth is of value, no?

He is the 4th or 5th best wr.

I've always found the numerical labelling an anachronism for the Patriots. They rotate guys, they assign roles, and those roles change week to week throughout the season whether due to injury, matchups, practice performance, etc, etc. I would instead posit that this is a good depth group for the Pats.

Very happy both now, and if Harry becomes available later in the year with this skill group as it will take "a village" to replace the game planning necessity for opposing teams that Gronk brought to the table (real or even just legacy the past couple years with his production drop).

WR 1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Thomas
WR4 Dorsett
WR5 Meyers (inactive)
PR/KR/WR 5 Gunner

I look at the group this way.

WR 1 Slot 1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Thomas
WR4 Dorsett
WR5 Slot 2 Meyers (inactive)
PR/KR/WR 5 Slot 3 Gunner

In any case, this give us four active WR's: Edelman, Gordon, Thomas and Dorsett.

The other aspect to consider is that Dorsett and DT are guys that are better "zone" guys (i.e. not as good vs hard press CBs) but those are the guys most likely aligned against Gordon and Edelman by the opposing teams. So it's a well rounded group to try and exploit matchups as well.

From a selfish standpoint on my end, it's too bad he's out for awhile as I'm sure he would of gotten some new cards in the MUT mode in Madden 20. His rookie premiere card that was released after the draft was a blast to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes