PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas Re-Signed to 1-Year Deal with Harry on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another questionable high draft pick on an injury prone player. I called it last week; this guy's not playing a snap this season

The list continues...Wynn, Harry, Michel, Dowling, Garcia....

injury prone? what the hell are you talking about? Wynn was not injury prone either.

Ughh bummed about Harry. Was expecting this guy to come in and make a difference.

He still might.

The roster in 2 months will look different than now. It always does.

Another questionable high draft pick on an injury prone player. I called it last week; this guy's not playing a snap this season

How are your Jets looking?

Pitchers and catchers........

I remember I got laughed at for saying Meyers would have a better year than Harry.

Looks like I was right.

It's September 2. Rosh Hashanah is in 4 weeks, are you going by the Hebrew calendar?

Not that I'm on the same level as these world class athletes but if it's a hamstring (which is what it looked like against the Lions) 8 weeks sounds about right for recovery and once you're back it kinda feels like you're good as new. I pulled my hamstring playing flag football a few years back and heard a literal pop in my leg. I was good to go in like 4 weeks. Hopefully they are just being extra cautious knowing they have the depth to not need him to rush back

I remember I got laughed at for saying Meyers would have a better year than Harry.

Looks like I was right.

Absolutely. That was a great season and all your predictions were right on the money, enjoy the rest of your winter.

Who backs up Edleman inside? Dorsett mostly seemed to me like an out side threat his first two years here. This year in preseseason he seemed to be catching more out of the slot. I don't watch replays and watch the game to enjoy it not analyze it so please correct me if I am wrong about Dorsett.

This leads me to Myers. Clearly he is number five on our roster (I don't consider Gunner anything beyond st he is so green), but if he is the number two inside guy I could possibly see him rising to number four active some weeks. Either because the 1,2,3,4 guy is banged up or the team wants to send a message-don't worry Jules-to a guy ahead of him to work harder for his spot. So I he may be activated some games if he is doing well in practice.

We still have Meredith hanging in the wings later in the season if injuries hit hard.

Back to OT and Thomas. I expect to see him come along slower than Gordon and possibly be inactive first couple weeks. I wonder if the new contract is has the same heavy game incentives as the old one. Probably mentioned way back in the thread, but Thomas was among a handful of released Patriots that did not go through waivers on his release. Not sure of rules on why, but that loop hole allowed the Patriots to release him if they felt strongly about the relationship with little risk of loosing him. Don't recall the use of the loop hole by Patriots before.

WAY TOO earlier to be proclaiming you were right. Meyers could be a game day inactive in every game, while Harry could come back week 8 and be active and contribute every game he plays in.
And Harry could be out for the full year.

Meyers already has a leg up.

I'll be curious to see the game 1 actives.

I can't see more than 5 active and special teams and position flexibility will influence it. Edelman, Gunner and to a lesser extent Dorsett play ST's and Meyers has played inside and outside. Gordon and Thomas are outside only. I'm assuming one of Gunner or Meyers would sit but who knows, maybe one of 2 big WR's will sit week 1.
Should be interesting.

Gordon is an extremely effective over the middle player, that's where he did the most damage last year. Watch Thomas stretch the field and Gordon break tackle for big gains over the middle this year.

Who backs up Edleman inside? Dorsett mostly seemed to me like an out side threat his first two years here. This year in preseseason he seemed to be catching more out of the slot. I don't watch replays and watch the game to enjoy it not analyze it so please correct me if I am wrong about Dorsett.

This leads me to Myers. Clearly he is number five on our roster (I don't consider Gunner anything beyond st he is so green), but if he is the number two inside guy I could possibly see him rising to number four active some weeks. Either because the 1,2,3,4 guy is banged up or the team wants to send a message-don't worry Jules-to a guy ahead of him to work harder for his spot. So I he may be activated some games if he is doing well in practice.

We still have Meredith hanging in the wings later in the season if injuries hit hard.

Back to OT and Thomas. I expect to see him come along slower than Gordon and possibly be inactive first couple weeks. I wonder if the new contract is has the same heavy game incentives as the old one. Probably mentioned way back in the thread, but Thomas was among a handful of released Patriots that did not go through waivers on his release. Not sure of rules on why, but that loop hole allowed the Patriots to release him if they felt strongly about the relationship with little risk of loosing him. Don't recall the use of the loop hole by Patriots before.

The Patriots use that loophole every year

Rosh Hashanah is in 4 weeks,
I thought it was
rush-hashanah.jpg

It's September 2. Rosh Hashanah is in 4 weeks, are you going by the Hebrew calendar?.
Yes I am.

In the Torah it says explicitly that Meyers will have a better season than Harry.

Come talk to me when the season ends and I’ll serve you a hot plate of crow.

I'm pretty sure I've seen him on kickoff return in the past. I did mention to a lesser extent Dorsett.
You haven’t. He has played zero special teams snaps per pro football reference.

Gordon is an extremely effective over the middle player, that's where he did the most damage last year. Watch Thomas stretch the field and Gordon break tackle for big gains over the middle this year.

Agree with your assessment but just to clarify I was referring to where they line up (outside or inside) and not where they end up on their route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes