PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demaryius Thomas Re-Signed to 1-Year Deal with Harry on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I see where we went off the rails. I thought you were implying that WHEN Harry got back, he'd be a formidable addition. Hence the reply, because I don't see Harry as being "formidable" at this point. Probably my fault
I assume rusty but at least knowledgeable of the play book I would think.

Now I see where we went off the rails. I thought you were implying that WHEN Harry got back, he'd be a formidable addition. Hence the reply, because I don't see Harry as being "formidable" at this point. Probably my fault

I'm finding it impossible to make a judgement on him in any way at this point. Would love to see him out there.

I know people keep pointing out the quality of players Thomas was going against BUT the fact is, he did what he was supposed to do which is dominate those types of players.

The more important thing is he looked like he had burst off the line and was fluid in his cuts. Which is a far cry from what people originally expected from him.

Thomas and BB have both said that high end function is there again, but inconsistently. That's common with injuries of this sort. People will have to take that into account as the season goes on. In theory, he should eventually regain that consistency.

Now, this team needs a TE, a lot of practice time for the OL, and lots of prayers for the health of one Tom F'in Brady.

Obviously, none of us know what Belichick is thinking at TE. He may like one of those that we have. He may be fine with a year of Watson and a blocker, with Anderson on the Practice Squad, always looking for a trade opportunity.

I could definitely live with that this Sunday, given White is a great receiving threat and Fears has been mentioning Michel as focusing more on pass catching also. Sure would like a pass catching TE under the age of 37, though....

For anyone who wants to actually see what Andy Johnson cherry picked edited (as if anyone cares wants to follow his obesessive argument/cherry picking and editing of other peoples' posts) is it post #286 in the Demaryius Gets Cut thread. There subsequent two paragraphs are what he chose (without the "......."notation) to keep out.

It is there in black and white.

Why he would continue his misrepresentations of other peoples' words in new threads is beyond sanity. Once again, I hope he gets some semblance of peace and help.
Jeez guys. Get a room already.

"What does that have to do with “I can’t respond within”." - - so you brought it over to THIS thread to renew your argument?????

And then still afraid to quote the entire post you cherry picked/edited.

C'mon. I just gave you easy instructions that almost every poster on this site knows how to do.

This is just sad, Andy.

I'm done - - go back to your unhinged editing of other peoples' words to fight whatever battles your life needs you fight. In retrospect, at this point, I apologize for making fun of you. Honestly, I hope you find some peace.

What are you taking about?
I said you can’t respond within a closed post ( in response to you saying I went back to a different thread) and you came back with some ridiculous response implying you taught me how to cut and paste when I cut and pasted what you were referring to.

Stop furiously digging, you can’t even keep track of your own posts now.

Thomas and BB have both said that high end function is there again, but inconsistently. That's common with injuries of this sort. People will have to take that into account as the season goes on. In theory, he should eventually regain that consistency.

Now, this team needs a TE, a lot of practice time for the OL, and lots of prayers for the health of one Tom F'in Brady.

One name I was disappointed not seeing more of this offseason was Stephen Anderson. I see they re-signed him to the PS, so they are definitely still working for him, but he was with the team most of last year also, so he must have at least memorized the playbook at this point. Reports are that he put on weight and muscle to transition more to TE. Might be someone to watch if Watson isn't successful upon his game 5 return.....

We also have 4 RBs who can catch the ball which limits the need for production from a 3rd and 4th WR.

Obviously, none of us know what Belichick is thinking at TE. He may like one of those that we have. He may be fine with a year of Watson and a blocker, with Anderson on the Practice Squad, always looking for a trade opportunity.

The good news is that, even if the WRs don't max out their talent and are each just a middling version of themselves, this team is more than capable of attacking with either a 4 WR,1 RB or a 3WR, 2 RB (HB + Develin) set, which obviates, or at least lessens, the need for high end TE play.

Jeez guys. Get a room already.
My fault.
He made an ignorant statement and I should have just let him pretend he didn’t.

Like any other rookie WR he’s going to have to work to learn the offense, and to get on the same page as a Brady. That takes some time and experience.
While so many make the point that Brady's been in the same offensive system for 20 years, that is FAR from the truth.

The only thing that remains the same is the basic language used, and even that has evolved over the years (as all languages do). Brady's played in MANY different offenses over the year. What makes the the Pats system so effective that it can evolve into what is needed to match the talent the Pats happen to have that year, and to effectively compete against the changing defensive alignments and personnel changes that have occurred.

HOWEVER the price of all that flexibility is the complexity and long learning curve, especially from the skill positions. Often it takes an entire season to become fully acclimated. Same goes for the defense. That is why rookies often "participate" their rookie years, but don't fully "contribute" in a meaningful ways

That being said, I think Williams, Winovich, and Cowart are going to be a BIT more than participants this season. But it looks like we whiffed on the offensive side so far. Go Gunner.

The good news is that, even if the WRs don't max out their talent and are each just a middling version of themselves, this team is more than capable of attacking with either a 4 WR,1 RB or a 3WR, 2 RB (HB + Develin) set, which obviates, or at least lessens, the need for high end TE play.
They may still go 3 Wr 1 TE 1 Rb in some situations to get more exploitable personell on the field like in the Sb when they went big, spread and threw.

While so many make the point that Brady's been in the same offensive system for 20 years, that is FAR from the truth.

The only thing that remains the same is the basic language used, and even that has evolved over the years (as all languages do). Brady's played in MANY different offenses over the year. What makes the the Pats system so effective that it can evolve into what is needed to match the talent the Pats happen to have that year, and to effectively compete against the changing defensive alignments and personnel changes that have occurred.

HOWEVER the price of all that flexibility is the complexity and long learning curve, especially from the skill positions. Often it takes an entire season to become fully acclimated. Same goes for the defense. That is why rookies often "participate" their rookie years, but don't fully "contribute" in a meaningful ways

That being said, I think Williams, Winovich, and Cowart are going to be a BIT more than participants this season. But it looks like we whiffed on the offensive side so far. Go Gunner.
Harris will contribute on offense.

My fault.
He made an ignorant statement and I should have just let him pretend he didn’t.
As someone that likes both of you guys I can’t say that I hate watching it.

5 minutes ago you had him unemployed until Gordon got caught again so I’ll take your expectations with a few million grains of salt.

A proven top tier veteran coming off an injury going out on the field and dominating is about the player being back, not about low level competition.
But you dug a hole so you have to keep doubling down and digging more furiously to get out right?
SmartSelect_20190902-133736_Firefox.jpg

I don't expect Meyers to be active anytime soon. 3 WR's usually get almost all the reps, especially when they are as good as our top three. As I have responded to another poster, at worst Thomas is competing with Dorsett for reps.

In any case, this give us four active WR's: Edelman, Gordon, Thomas and Dorsett.
===================
Obviously, BB also has the option of having Gunner active as a punt returner.

I think Gunner will definitely be active as a punt returner....IMO the only reason he made the team is so that BB doesnt have to put his 33 year old star slot receiver in Edelman out in harms way returning punts.

Thats the thing. I wanted the kids to flash, Josh back and DT to come back healthy and push a stagnating Dorsett out the door.

He played well, outlasted the challengers and deserves to be on the team. Until someone kicks him off
Dude, you've been wanting Dorsett out the door since you proclaimed your binky Berrios in and PD out. Not sure why you dislike PD so much when he's done his job here and has great hands.

Not much surprise about Harry landing on IR. We have speculated that about 10 days ago already.

Best decision given the circumstances.

Nobody really knows how he will perform off his injury. I hope he is solid and he needs to be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back