PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deal with this: I #respect Cam as a person and as a leader

I really like Cam as a person and think he’s a tremendous leader on and off the field. He dresses cool too, not that it matters (unless he thinks it does.)
oh-what-a-nice-guy.gif

Newton would be the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Why would you think Jones isn’t ready? He has shown he is.

I agree with you on newton!

I disagree about Jones. When the regular season starts, the pace will pick up snd there is so much Jones had never seen,

if we give him the first 5 games to learn the speed of the regular season of the nfl snd see most of the defensive alignments he has never seen, he will be in a position to win come week 6.

newton can not read defenses, he holds the ball too long and he gives up on plays too early while going into improv mode.
but he is a useful stopgap until Jones is ready.

I agree with you on newton!

I disagree about Jones. When the regular season starts, the pace will pick up snd there is so much Jones had never seen,

if we give him the first 5 games to learn the speed of the regular season of the nfl snd see most of the defensive alignments he has never seen, he will be in a position to win come week 6.

newton can not read defenses, he holds the ball too long and he gives up on plays too early while going into improv mode.
but he is a useful stopgap until Jones is ready.
He isn’t going to learn anything sitting on the bench. If it’s week 1 week 18 or anywhere between when he plays in live action he will be in the exact same position.
You don’t learn the speed of the game by NOT playing, you only set yourself back.

Anything he can see on the bench he can see on film.

He isn’t going to learn anything sitting on the bench. If it’s week 1 week 18 or anywhere between when he plays in live action he will be in the exact same position.
You don’t learn the speed of the game by NOT playing, you only set yourself back.

Qb’s not prepared for the speed of the nfl, end up….

1.) creating tons of turnovers
2.) taking lots of sacks or other negative plays.
3.) getting injured.

please see Jets qb history for a more definitive lists of negatives from rushing qb’s onto the field.

3.) getting injured.

please see Jets qb history for a more definitive lists of negatives from rushing qb’s onto the field.

3.) getting injured.

Sitting on the bench doesn’t prepare you.
The jets drafted bad QBs. They would have been bad if they started week 1, week 6, year 2 or any time.
The only way to prepare for the speed of the NFL is to play.

So what you are saying is once the season starts and until he is playing in a ~ live ~ game why even show up at the stadium?
If he is going to be "in the exact same position, whether its week 1 or week 18", why continue to practice, continue to watch film, workout, might as well stay home !

So what you are saying is once the season starts and until he is playing in a ~ live ~ game why even show up at the stadium?
If he is going to be "in the exact same position, whether its week 1 or week 18", why continue to practice, continue to watch film, workout, might as well stay home !
Don't think there's any way the Kid has learned the entire playbook in a couple of months w/o even having been in a real NFL game (preseason doesn't count).

Bill knows what he's doing. There's no way in hell he's going to put a rookie under center, until he believes he's ready, just to appease a rabid fan base.

This is his very first 1st round QB pick. Why would he take any chances with him? If he does start on Week 1, then I have to believe Bill thinks the Kid is ready, but I doubt it.

Is that what I said?
He isn’t going to “learn the speed of the game” sitting on the bench. In terms of that facet, yes staying home would have the same impact.

so Andy...I'm a little bit unclear on this...are you stating that YOU don't want Cam Newton to start...and you don't want him to even take a spot on the roster?

Is that what I said?
He isn’t going to “learn the speed of the game” sitting on the bench. In terms of that facet, yes staying home would have the same impact.
"He isn’t going to learn ~ anything ~ sitting on the bench. If it’s week 1 week 18 or anywhere between when he plays in live action he will be in the exact same position."

This is me, after being excited about Mac Jones and disliking Cam...after seeing Andy firmly on my side.

Now I have to join Team Cam.

3.) getting injured.

One can look to David Carr (Texans), and to Matt Cassel (Chiefs), to see what can happen to a player who gets stuck behind a terrible OL. They can become gun shy, even permanently yippy, and can become forever prone to being sped up by any sorts of defensive pressure.

This is me, after being excited about Mac Jones and disliking Cam...after seeing Andy firmly on my side.

Now I have to join Team Cam.

About a year after A Bronx Tale hit the theatres, a coworker whose last name ended in a vowel and whose hobby was memorizing dialogue from mafia movies dragged me up to the Bronx to eat Italian in the "real" Little Italy of New York......and as we were walking down Arthur Avenue after dinner we passed by a little pizzaria and my coworker stops dead in his tracks and stares at a gathering of old paesans with one particular person holding court inside. My buddy says to me "It's him, it's "The Mush" and he goes rushing inside and starts shaking one of the old dude's hands. I walk in and he introduces me to the one and only Eddie Mush. The guy was an authentic piece of work, exactly like in the movie. My friend asked The Mush if he any dice on him.....but it wasn't to be.

Portrayed himself in A Bronx Tale (1993). When Robert De Niro had trouble finding a suitable actor to portray Eddie Mush, he asked Chazz Palminteri if he could find the real person to play himself.

The only good argument for not starting Jones at this point is that he’s not physically ready for the pounding of an NFL season. That said he’s had months to prepare, so the sooner the better.

Who knows why Cam is not vaccinated. Have any of you seen his medical charts? Maybe he has a valid reason (and no, if he does, he does not need to share his medical history with the public). Again, I talked to my Dr.(s) and they had both already been vaccinated and indicated that they believed it would be good for me to get vaccinated, so I got vaccinated.

But to demand that someone should get vaccinated when you know nothing about their medical conditions/history is just wrong.
The point is that the NYFL wants their players vaccinated and those that don't will be treated differently. His refusal to get vaccinated could affect the team negatively.

The NYFL is in the same position as one of our political parties and will never let this serious crisis go to waste.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back