PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deal with this: I #respect Cam as a person and as a leader

Respect is earned, Can Newton has done less than nothing to earn it.

So what will you do when Cam starts the whole season? Not watch? What about when he wins? No celebrating 'cause you don't respect him and think our rookie qb --who's never played a down in the NFL regular season -- can lead us to an AFC Championship like he's suddenly Mahomes?

If only Cam had the guts, leadership, and skill in Super Bowl 50, the team would have rallied around him! But the lights were too bright for him.

View attachment 35044

I mean, we had the guts, leadership, skill, the best TE, and the Michael Jordon of football on our side and we somehow still lost to them. That Broncos defense was elite and had luck on their side.

Last edited:
Played 19 years, 17 division titles, 6 superbowls ... for the Patriots.
At 42 years old wanted long term deal, instead was offered a short term deal with a team devoid of talent.

"at least Cam never quit on the Patriots"

Wow !!
He gave up on you. He got tired of you. You as a fan were like a wife he got tired of being with so he left you. You have to accept this.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: PP2
I really like Cam as a person and think he’s a tremendous leader on and off the field. He dresses cool too, not that it matters (unless he thinks it does.)

I feel like there isn’t enough appreciation on this forum for Cam as a non-football player. After all, football is just a silly game, and in the big picture, there are serious things like the ebola virus and inequality.

What I’d like to see from Mr. Kraft is a statement of solidarity from the Patriots by declaring Cam the starter for the entire 2021 season.

Again, there are things more important than football, and Cam exemplifies this. Unlike many of you, I was willing to brave everyone’s criticism and call out Aaron Hernandez because some things are more important than winning. What I’m saying might be unpopular and controversial, but you can’t silence me: what Hernandez did was wrong.

#respect
I don't get the hatred here, or making him the butt of bad parody. From everything I've read, Cam puts in the work and is well liked and respected by the locker room and the coaches. Granted, an E for effort doesn't count for much in football, and there are valid performance issues that may very well speak against him being the starter. But let's not disrespect him as a man.

What's truly pathetic is that people are blaming Newton, when they should be more focused on the league's absolutely asinine policy.
Yeah, they should have made the vaccine mandatory.

He gave up on you. He got tired of you. You as a fan were like a wife he got tired of being with so he left you. You have to accept this.
Gave me the joy of 6 pats championships,
Let me see, six championshps ~ vs ~ whatever it is you were talking about.
Hmmm, guess I am going to take the 6 champiobships... Go Pats !!

So what will you do when Cam starts the whole season? Not watch? What about when he wins? No celebrating 'cause you don't respect him and think our rookie qb --who's never played a down in the NFL regular season -- can lead us to an AFC Championship like he's suddenly Mahomes?

I mean, we had the guts, leadership, skill, the best TE, and the Michael Jordon of football on our side and we somehow still lost to them. That Broncos defense was elite and had luck on their side.

I have rooted for worse QB’s than DropKickNewton. And if you think he’s going to suddenly turn into Mahomes then I think you should check yourself into a rehab for your crack addiction.

Trying to outdo your last post I see. Although it would be really hard to be any dumber I think you have what it takes to get there.

I don't get the hatred here, or making him the butt of bad parody. From everything I've read, Cam puts in the work and is well liked and respected by the locker room and the coaches. Granted, an E for effort doesn't count for much in football, and there are valid performance issues that may very well speak against him being the starter. But let's not disrespect him as a man.

I will disrespect anyone who willingly decides to endanger the lives and well being of others.

I have rooted for worse QB’s than DropKickNewton. And if you think he’s going to suddenly turn into Mahomes then I think you should check yourself into a rehab for your crack addiction.

He's definitely not Mahomes, but he has more knowledge and experience playing in the NFL than Mac Jones. It's not like he's some journeyman QB. And if you've rooted for worse QBs than Newton, then you definitely shouldn't be this upset about Newton starting. Mac Jones ain't even ready yet. Brady wasn't even the starter his rookie year, either.

Last edited:
look...I was born...THAT is a major win...in the end I'm gonna die..the penultimate failure...in between? all just wind in sails, a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, ultimately signifying nothing...
Is that you, Bill Shakespeare?

What Brady did, had absolutely nothing to do with the fans, but keep on with this self-serving juvenile bullcrap.

What Brady did, had absolutely nothing to do with the fans, but keep on with this self-serving juvenile bullcrap.
Only if you promise to keep falling for it

His face at the end of this video is the reaction you’re probably getting behind the computer screen.

He's definitely not Mahomes, but he has more knowledge and experience playing in the NFL than Mac Jones. It's not like he's some journeyman QB. And if you've rooted for worse QBs than Newton, then you definitely shouldn't be this upset about Newton starting. Mac Jones ain't even ready yet. Brady wasn't even the starter his rookie year, either.
Hoyer has more experience and knowledge as well, and I don’t want him starting either. And judging by the rest of your comments you haven’t watched DropKickNewton play over the last past year.

Hoyer has more experience and knowledge as well, and I don’t want him starting either. And judging by the rest of your comments you haven’t watched DropKickNewton play over the last past year.
Hoyer is much, much worse than Cam. Hoyer really shouldn't even be compared to Cam at all.

Um, I have watched Cam play over the past year. In a year where no one could really do anything because of the pandemic, why would a pats fan not watch pats football? No need to be a ****. I can admit Cam's made mistakes and he's not as fast as he used to be, but I'm still rooting for him. You also know our receiving corp was crap last year. It'll be better this year (at least better than the Edelman-less one we had), but I don't know by how much... Agholor looks like classic-everything-falls-through-my-hands Agholor, and Harry the 1st round bust doesn't even wanna play on this team. At least the running game looks like it's gon be nasty this year, and we got TEs now.

Last edited:
When teammates talk about Cam’s play:

Hoyer is much, much worse than Cam. Hoyer really shouldn't even be compared to Cam at all.

Um, I have watched Cam play over the past year. In a year where no one could really do anything because of the pandemic, why would a pats fan not watch pats football? No need to be a ****. I can admit Cam's made mistakes and he's not as fast as he used to be, but I'm still rooting for him. You also know our receiving corp was crap last year. It'll be better this year (at least better than the Edelman-less one we had), but I don't know by how much... Agholor looks like classic-everything-falls-through-my-hands Agholor, and Harry the 1st round bust doesn't even wanna play on this team. At least the running game looks like it's gon be nasty this year, and we got TEs now.
Why improve the rest of the team and keep putting the biggest liability out there?

Define journeyman. No one else wanted him. Nathan Peterman and Blake bortles have knowledge and experience.
Newton would be the worst starting QB in the NFL.
Why would you think Jones isn’t ready? He has shown he is.

Oh and ain’t ain’t a word.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back