PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy making no friends in Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Ian, but why ruin the board's pre-SB's happy and excited spirit by having a thread on the same-old-but-new bottle-nonsense spouted by this spineless anti-Pats 'reporter'?

Can't believe Kontra soured my mood further by posting his pics! Damn you man. :D

Last edited:
I was in 5th grade and I remember my stepfather being irritated and disappointed, especially after the trash talk from the Bears leading up to it. That was not a good night...definitely a tough loss.
I was in college, and obviously the Celtics were in the middle of their greatest team ever so I got over it fast... but I actually really kind of though they were going to beat the Bears after that playoff run... My worst memory of the Super Bowl was how fast it felt completely over and utterly hopeless. Other Super Bowls have been majorly lopsided, and I have not missed a SB in my lifetime, but I can't remember one where I did not think it was possible for one team to come back SO early in the game. And ironically we were, at that time, the fastest team to score in Super Bowl history.. 3-0 lol

Shaughnessy is a ****.

Listening to 92.9 out of Atlanta on my way into work this morning and apparently they're not happy about the article he wrote regarding the Falcons and the City. He came on for an interview and they tried to rip him apart and he completely backtracked. He said that he's, "been waiting for somebody to come along and stun this team and prove that their defense isn't that good". He said, "it wouldn't break my heart."

They are calling him a lazy hack and apparently posted a response on their website. I'm not somewhere where I can grab a link right now, but it's funny, they're really angry about this.

Who cares what the curly haired boyfriend thinks. He also has no friends in Boston so the ATL is in good company

and has been for a very ong time...

Hardly a worse bunch of arrogant, self-righteous p****s exist.
Honestly, it's more of a radio problem right now than a writer problem. Go through each publication and it's better now than it's been, with the Globe being the odd exception just because everyone seems to have bailed in recent years.

Think about it. In terms of day-to-day people you've got Jeff Howe and Karen Guregian, along with Steve Buckley at the Herald, Mark Daniels at the Projo, Ben Volin at the Globe (I don't even know their writers after that...), Mike Reiss at ESPN, Michael Hurley at CBS Boston, Ryan Hannable, Chris Price and Mike Petraglia at WEEI, and Tom Curran and Phil Perry at CSNNE, and Doug Kyed at NESN, as well as Nick O'Malley at MassLive just to name a few (and I know there are obviously more I'm forgetting to list here but these are just the ones off the top of my head). Honestly, the print/web guys don't have as many dislikeable characters anymore. But there are definitely fewer "must-read" guys. A few of those names qualify, but the landscape has certainly changed.

I was in college, and obviously the Celtics were in the middle of their greatest team ever so I got over it fast... but I actually really kind of though they were going to beat the Bears after that playoff run... My worst memory of the Super Bowl was how fast it felt completely over and utterly hopeless. Other Super Bowls have been majorly lopsided, and I have not missed a SB in my lifetime, but I can't remember one where I did not think it was possible for one team to come back SO early in the game. And ironically we were, at that time, the fastest team to score in Super Bowl history.. 3-0 lol

Regarding the Pats quick score to go up 3-0, then Patriots LB Steve Nelson called the Bears response, "The greatest comeback in Super Bowl history!"

Shank doesn't just do this for Pats opponents, he did the same thing on the last sox run. He does it because he knows the other side will take the bait and interview him and gets his name out. He only has about 5 or 6 columns, just the names and dates change. Laziest hack in town. Tennis ball head.

That was a tough game. Pats came out of nowhere and suddenly started beating everyone. Then they squished the fish and we were experiencing a miracle season.

And then it ended........badly

That reminds me of a saying in baseball that momentum is only as good as the next night's starting pitcher, or something like that. The '85 Pats had all of the momentum in the world after beating the Jets, Raiders, and Fish in the playoffs that year (all on the road and Pats had never won in Miami IIRC) but they ran into a team that was on another whole level in SB XX.

This year it's our turn. I think the Falcons are going to hit the same wall in Houston next week that we did that first SB season. Go Pats!!!

Shank doesn't just do this for Pats opponents, he did the same thing on the last sox run. He does it because he knows the other side will take the bait and interview him and gets his name out. He only has about 5 or 6 columns, just the names and dates change. Laziest hack in town. Tennis ball head.

Tomato Cans, Curse of the Bambino, Soccer Sucks, Other Team's City Sucks, X is totally faking an injury, and Celtics Have Sucked since Larry Bird Left.

I was on reddit today and someone posted a picture of some Jeremy Clarkson doll. I think there is also a slight resemblance to Shank as well.

pwiho7i12pby.jpg

the problem, of course, is that all he cares is that he's getting noticed...

He said that he's, "been waiting for somebody to come along and stun this team and prove that their defense isn't that good". He said, "it wouldn't break my heart."

And the media/radio personalities around here wonder why we hate them. No, it's not because you're not a "homer".

Shank has no friends in Boston.... Outside of red Sox ownership...
Nah, he's always ripping on ownership. They bring three championships after an 80 something year drought and he still rips them. He rips David Ortiz for christ's sake.

How can possibly the current Gr8est city of champions have possibly the worst sports media in the country?

I guess it's better than having the best sports media but the worst franchises.
Most of the great sports cities have awful media. It seems like there are two choices, awful, or completely irrelavent.

Was listening to sirius last night on the way home from work to the Schein station. This article really bothers me because he lumps in all New England fans as pitying the Atlanta fan base. Like this guy speaks for the fan base? His career is built off of baseball and the antiquated curse. Basically he's a sad negative column writer to put it simple. He has no business lumping us into his viewpoint. Again I'm really irked by his article.

Boston really is at an all time high of bad reporting.

Yea and I think the problem is that it's an old boys club... once they have their job, they'll never lose it short of being caught molesting small children or something messed up lol

Our writer for the ajc is Orlando ledbetter. We affectionately call him Orlando bedwetter

Yea and I think the problem is that it's an old boys club... once they have their job, they'll never lose it short of being caught molesting small children or something messed up lol

Yeah even plagerism is ok ala Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back