PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy: Biggest douche bag of them all?

That’s not what I’m asking, though. I’m asking why the NFL didn’t suspend Brady, or at least fine him, when they dropped the hammer in Miami. Bear in mind that the answer is clear. @lancerman provided it earlier in the thread. But @Pape didn’t seem to agree with that. That’s why I asked.
Oh. Without reading other posts b/c I'm too f---ing lazy the NFL couldn't.

Jeff Howe is reporting what he was told in both cases, yet you took the 2/53 as fact but nothing else...Odd

Ok, then we arent arguing the same thing

Have you watched every practice?

I have never disagreed, you said this type of change happens every year. Clearly it does not, which is why I am using all of the reports and talking by the players as my examples. If this happened every year, there would have been talk about it. You have already said you dont care about that though.
Changes to the offense happen every year, within the framework of the offense. The evidence is on the football field not at the water cooler. They are talking more about it because there was a coaching change. So it’s a topic. The same thing happened when McDaniels left the first time, when Weis, BOB, crenel, pees, Patricia and Flores left. It gets clicks.

So, once again how much did the offense change from 2019 to 2020.

That’s not what I’m asking, though. I’m asking why the NFL didn’t suspend Brady, or at least fine him, when they dropped the hammer in Miami. Bear in mind that the answer is clear. @lancerman provided it earlier in the thread. But @Pape didn’t seem to agree with that. That’s why I asked.
The answer to anything the NFL does is never clear.

Oh. Without reading other posts b/c I'm too f---ing lazy the NFL couldn't.
Right. Because the rules specifically put the onus on Team A to not contact a player from Team B outside of the legal window, or a rep from Team A to not contact a player from Team B outside of the legal window. Any answer outside of that: 1) doesn’t jive with the rules, and 2) will either border on conspiracy theory or guesswork.

Changes to the offense happen every year, within the framework of the offense. The evidence is on the football field not at the water cooler. They are talking more about it because there was a coaching change. So it’s a topic. The same thing happened when McDaniels left the first time, when Weis, BOB, crenel, pees, Patricia and Flores left. It gets clicks.
You say the same thing happened, but theres never been a reaction or talk about to this extent...Ever. Especially as far as terminology changes and simplification. Let alone outright saying new offensive scheme.
So, once again how much did the offense change from 2019 to 2020.
You seem to be missing my point, and asking an irrelevant question. I did notice how you no longer are talking about Howes article and how you used 1 piece as fact while also saying you dont believe in stories.

This is the worst argument that I see repeated often (there were actually 8 teams in the beginning and 14 at the end of his career). Less teams means more concentrated talent. Even at the end of his career, as a player/HC, he led his team to a title in game 7 at LA against a team that had Wilt, Elgin Baylor and Jerry West. All are HOFers. Bill Russell played against less stiffs in his entire career than current NBA players see in a half season. There's too many players now and the product has been watered down.
And I would add that Wilt, Baylor, and West were each generally considered to be either the goat or second to the goat at their respective positions at that time.

Do you think Brady should be suspended or fined?
I’m not big on suspending players.
He surely violated his contract. I do think the Patriots should be compensated.

You say the same thing happened, but theres never been a reaction or talk about to this extent...Ever. Especially as far as terminology changes and simplification. Let alone outright saying new offensive scheme.

You seem to be missing my point, and asking an irrelevant question. I did notice how you no longer are talking about Howes article and how you used 1 piece as fact while also saying you dont believe in stories.
Talk is meaningless. It’s about football on the football field.

The discussion is about the fact that they make changes every year within the framework of the system to varying degrees. I am illustrating specific examples and you are refusing to answer. We both know that it is because if you looked at the history you would see change every year based upon personnel, and in many years it was very drastic. But that does jive with “people talking” or your memory of it.
They made drastic changes each if the last 2 years and yes it was being discussed and asked about. You seem to want to make this an exercise in what you remember.
You are now calling the changes in the way they play on the field is irrelevant to changes in the way they play on the field.

Do you think Brady should be suspended or fined?
Yes

Tom Baby tampered with 2 different teams. The people that claim that Brady didnt tamper are wrong. There is "legal tampering" and "Illegal tampering" protocol clearly stated in the NFL rules for players. NFL teams are supposed to reject solicitation from under contract players that approach them to tamper.

The league did determine that the actions were detrimental to the Patriots and said so.

Are you claiming otherwise? Are you saying that Brady having multiple, detailed conversations with Miami wasn't detrimental to the Patriots and their negotiations with Brady during and after the 2019 season?

and why didn't the NFL suspend brady? the league deals with the teams when it comes to tampering, not players... its up to the teams to deal with contract violations like that, not the league ... and what team would suspend a player they are in the middle of negotiating with or want to keep due to tampering?

So why didn't the Patriots suspend Brady? Because they didn't know about his SECRET dealings with Beal... It absolutely was within their right to do so... however, as stated in the last sentence - they would have to know about the illicit contact when it occurred... This was bombshell... even Wickersham didn't sniff this one out - or at least the extent of it... otherwise it would have been mentioned before this week, most likely having its own chapter in his book...

If the Patriots had known about this they would have filed tampering charges... and depending on the results of the investigation, made in a timely manner instead of 4 years after the fact, one must wonder how long ago these conversations started? we know it was all of 2019... could it have gone back into the 2018 season? If so, the team could have potentially filed a grievance, and pushed to nullify Bradys no tag clause...

Last edited:
Before I place this thread on Ignore, please mods move this & the Stephen Ross thread into the Brady forum where they belong.
Posters will still flock to it. To end the problem, it should be shut down so we are forced to talk about the upcoming game.

200 posts (and 1K in the other thread) about why rooting for the laundry is the best bet. What a fraud the manufactured persona of Tamper Bay 12 turned out to be...

The formula for success on Sportstalk radio is to be controversial and throw various conspiracy theories against the wall to see what sticks. Shaugnessy has always been a crap stirrer, so once again he jumps into the foray.

He garnered almost 200 responses to this article, which means it is quite successful for the curly haired old man.. therefore this article turned out what he hoped for. We all contributed to his pathology..

Say what you will about Cam Newton but he would've never been tampered with during the 2020 campaign.

:rofl:

The league did determine that the actions were detrimental to the Patriots and said so.

Are you claiming otherwise? Are you saying that Brady having multiple, detailed conversations with Miami wasn't detrimental to the Patriots and their negotiations with Brady during and after the 2019 season?

and why didn't the NFL suspend brady? the league deals with the teams when it comes to tampering, not players... its up to the teams to deal with contract violations like that, not the league ... and what team would suspend a player they are in the middle of negotiating with or want to keep due to tampering?

So why didn't the Patriots suspend Brady? Because they didn't know about his SECRET dealings with Beal... It absolutely was within their right to do so... however, as stated in the last sentence - they would have to know about the illicit contact when it occurred... This was bombshell... even Wickersham didn't sniff this one out - or at least the extent of it... otherwise it would have been mentioned before this week, most likely having its own chapter in his book...

If the Patriots had known about this they would have filed tampering charges... and depending on the results of the investigation, made in a timely manner instead of 4 years after the fact, one must wonder how long ago these conversations started? we know it was all of 2019... could it have gone back into the 2018 season? If so, the team could have potentially filed a grievance, and pushed to nullify Bradys no tag clause...
This seems to be fake outrage because it didnt help the Patriots. Neither did this im sure. Should the Patriots have suspended Bill?

1660219217805.png

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back