PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Shaughnessy: Biggest douche bag of them all?

Okay I can't do this anymore. Have fun being mad at a player because he left the team.

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

What makes you think Brady didn't already make up his mind to leave well before he talked to the Dolphins. He literally set everything up so that there would be no barriers to leave for the first time in his career at the end of the season. He said himself he knew he likely wasn't going to sign with the Patriots again at the end of the year. He didn't even sign with the Dolphins. So again no proof of what you are saying.

Also yes the league determined Brady talked to the Dolpgins. That's a fact. It doesn't proved your other points.

1. The league did not determine Brady talking to the Dolphins was in violation of his contract. Thats a fact. Period. End of Story. It is immutable.
2. The league did not decide what Brady did merited any punishment on his end. That's a fact. Period. End of Story. It is immutable.
3. The league does not say anywhere in any players contract it is against the rules for them to contact another team. The rule is for the teams to follow themselves. That's a fact. Period. End of Story. It is immutable.
4. The league in their investigation did not determine that Brady talking to the Dolphins prevented him from signing with the Patriots nor did it determine it was a detriment to the Patriots success that season. That's a fact. Period. End of Story. It is immutable.

So if you are going to cling to the league investigation, all my points go with it. The league does not maintain that players are beholden to not speak with other teams. No player has ever been found to be held to any standard on that. It's something you are inferring based off... feelings.

Sounds like you are just mad Brady flirted with other teams and want to vent.
Brady was talking to the Dolphins WHILE NEGOTIATING an extension he chose not to sign with the Patriots. An extension that would have paid him more than Tampa did.

You 4 points are all wrong.
1) Not true. The league investigated the Dolphins, not Brady.
2) Not true, see 1.
3) Not true the contract prohibits this conduct.
4) Not true. They penalized Miami for tampering. The tampering rule exists for the purpose of protecting the team the player is under contract with. By definition tampering hurt the patriots. The tampering happened during negotiation and instead of signing a contract richer than the one he ultimately signed, while saying “I’m just an employee” while being offered ownership in Miami extorted the Patriots out of an extra 9 mill and waiving of tag rights for the year he was already under contract.
This is totally different than how Brady had ever acted. Tampering occurs, player treats his team 180 degrees differently than ever before. Only an idiot wouldn’t see the connection.

And he takes the L.
Coming from the guy that said the Patriots offense wasnt changing, as these are all normal changes every year and 50 mil GTD is the same thing as not guaranteed after being proven wrong. You know what an L looks like

Coming from the guy that said the Patriots offense wasnt changing, as these are all normal changes every year and 50 mil GTD is the same thing as not guaranteed after being proven wrong. You know what an L looks like
Amazing that you could pretend you were discussing those topics and have not even come close to stating the opinions I explained in great detail.
I think I’ve figured out the issue, you lack the capacity to understand.

Amazing that you could pretend you were discussing those topics and have not even come close to stating the opinions I explained in great detail.
I think I’ve figured out the issue, you lack the capacity to understand.
Amazing that you can pretend you didnt say these things when everything is saved on the site. I am still waiting for you to tell me how Revis earned 32 mil here, considering money is money!

"It happens every year."--Ring 6 on offensive changes

Amazing that you can pretend you didnt say these things when everything is saved on the site. I am still waiting for you to tell me how Revis earned 32 mil here, considering money is money!

"It happens every year."--Ring 6 on offensive changes
As I said you lack the capacity to understand.
But I am bored, so ill try again to educate you.

The amount of money in a contract being equal is not contingent on being guaranteed. You added that qualifier after realizing you were wrong.
Ultimately, for there to actually be a difference you would have to believe that Tom Brady feared he would be cut after 2020 and no team would want him.
Revis got MORE THAN 32 mill because since the second year was not guaranteed he was free to get 33 million more from the Jets, which he absolutely would not have gotten had he not been free for another year.

It is 100% correct that they make changes every year. it’s still not known what level of change we will see this year. Everything they are running now has always been in the playbook. The “change” is simply the frequency they may use those concepts. Scar e chia explained all of this a couple of days ago. We have always used outside zone runs, He says we we’re really good at it, running toward Gronk or away from poor blocking TEs. He also said we have always had bootleg action but didnt use it because it wasn’t Brady’s strength and in fact we tried it he got stripped and we put it away. He was very clear that if this offense isn’t handling those plays well we will go away from them. Again we always have used them, it’s nothing new, it’s just a potential change in which parts of the playbook we will use more often or less often.
Scarnecchia basicaly confirmed exactly what I have been saying.

As I said you lack the capacity to understand.
But I am bored, so ill try again to educate you.

The amount of money in a contract being equal is not contingent on being guaranteed. You added that qualifier after realizing you were wrong.
Ultimately, for there to actually be a difference you would have to believe that Tom Brady feared he would be cut after 2020 and no team would want him.
Revis got MORE THAN 32 mill because since the second year was not guaranteed he was free to get 33 million more from the Jets, which he absolutely would not have gotten had he not been free for another year.
There was no qualifier, I was never wrong. The contracts were never remotely the same, you said the money was...It was not. Guaranteed money is different than Potential money. Your Revis pretzel is laughable. Another team paid Revis, not the Patriots. He signed a 32 mil dollar deal here and earned 12. If he gets hurt in week 14 of year 1, how much is he getting? The answer? You have no idea. From the Patriots deal, he earned 12 million. Thats not 32. 32 did not equal 32.
It is 100% correct that they make changes every year. it’s still not known what level of change we will see this year. Everything they are running now has always been in the playbook. The “change” is simply the frequency they may use those concepts. Scar e chia explained all of this a couple of days ago. We have always used outside zone runs, He says we we’re really good at it, running toward Gronk or away from poor blocking TEs. He also said we have always had bootleg action but didnt use it because it wasn’t Brady’s strength and in fact we tried it he got stripped and we put it away. He was very clear that if this offense isn’t handling those plays well we will go away from them. Again we always have used them, it’s nothing new, it’s just a potential change in which parts of the playbook we will use more often or less often.
Scarnecchia basicaly confirmed exactly what I have been saying.
You said 'changes every year' to downplay the level of changes this year. Clearly they are more extreme than previous year, its a coping mechanism for you...A generality to hide behind. The only person on this site, to not realize that the offensive changes this year are clearly different than every other year, is you. All player commentary, reporting confirms this. Its like you dont want to believe it.

There was no qualifier, I was never wrong. The contracts were never remotely the same, you said the money was...It was not. Guaranteed money is different than Potential money. Your Revis pretzel is laughable. Another team paid Revis, not the Patriots. He signed a 32 mil dollar deal here and earned 12. If he gets hurt in week 14 of year 1, how much is he getting? The answer? You have no idea. From the Patriots deal, he earned 12 million. Thats not 32. 32 did not equal 32.

You said 'changes every year' to downplay the level of changes this year. Clearly they are more extreme than previous year, its a coping mechanism for you...A generality to hide behind. The only person on this site, to not realize that the offensive changes this year are clearly different than every other year, is you. All player commentary, reporting confirms this. Its like you dont want to believe it.
Of course there was a qualifier. You said the Patriots didn’t offer Brady enough money, I said they offered him the same amount of money as he eventually got from Tampa (actually a little more) and you said it wasn’t the same amount of money because it wasn’t guaranteed, which is incorrect.

Revis got more, it’s a fact. You keep trying to twist things into where you wish they were. Revis was better off without a guarantee. He would have made 20 mill in year 2 then a paltry amount because he sucked that year. Not being guaranteed allowed him to go sign with the Jets for 33 mill. it was better for him.

I said they make changes every year, of varying degrees. You were arguing they threw the offense out and built a new one, which is 100% wrong. How are they different? Read Scar, all of those concepts and plays have been used here forever, they have always been part of the playbook. They are changing this year, like they change every year. The amount that the concepts and plays they use change in frequency is to be determined but a larger or smaller change doesn’t mean it’s “different this year” it’s what they always do at varying levels, typically adjusted for personnel..

As I explained to you before, when 2020 started they altered the “season game plan” to Legarm Newton being the QB. During the 2021 off season they still expected him to be the QB, so they practiced like that. when Jones won the job, they didn’t create a new offense, they called different plays. This off season they could prepare for Jones being the QB so they anticipated changes to the play usage. They streamlined by moving out all of the Cam plays.

The difference from 2019 to 2020 and 2020 to 2021 was much greater than 2021 to 2022 will be.
At most they will change from calling a high percentage of man blocking runs to a high percentage of zone blocking runs, both of which they have always used and will continue to use.
You couldn’t be ore wrong about this and citing that observers on the internet also misunderstand and agree with you as r proof and appeal to authority is true comedy gold.

Of course there was a qualifier. You said the Patriots didn’t offer Brady enough money, I said they offered him the same amount of money as he eventually got from Tampa (actually a little more) and you said it wasn’t the same amount of money because it wasn’t guaranteed, which is incorrect.
I said the Patriots didnt offer him the same contract, which they didnt based on all reports. You then said money, which again wasnt the same. Guaranteed money isnt a qualifier, its literally a massive portion of contracts and money. Guaranteed money is not the same as potential money. Thats not a qualifier, thats a fact

Revis got more, it’s a fact. You keep trying to twist things into where you wish they were. Revis was better off without a guarantee. He would have made 20 mill in year 2 then a paltry amount because he sucked that year. Not being guaranteed allowed him to go sign with the Jets for 33 mill. it was better for him.
Revis did not get more from the Patriots, where he signed a 32 mil dollar contract. He actually received 12 of the 32...Which shows you how the structure and headline of a contract can be deceiving, always follow the guarantees. Revis got another contract from the Jets, not the Patriots. You cant see the future, so you have no idea what would happen after year 1 of Bradys deal. Your argument was incorrect. You said 50=50, regardless. It is not, I proved it with 1 single example. 32 did not equal 32.
I said they make changes every year, of varying degrees. You were arguing they threw the offense out and built a new one, which is 100% wrong. How are they different? Read Scar, all of those concepts and plays have been used here forever, they have always been part of the playbook. They are changing this year, like they change every year. The amount that the concepts and plays they use change in frequency is to be determined but a larger or smaller change doesn’t mean it’s “different this year” it’s what they always do at varying levels, typically adjusted for personnel..
Cant continue here, considering I never once said they threw the offense out and built a new one. Maybe you're confused?
As I explained to you before, when 2020 started they altered the “season game plan” to Legarm Newton being the QB. During the 2021 off season they still expected him to be the QB, so they practiced like that. when Jones won the job, they didn’t create a new offense, they called different plays. This off season they could prepare for Jones being the QB so they anticipated changes to the play usage. They streamlined by moving out all of the Cam plays.

The difference from 2019 to 2020 and 2020 to 2021 was much greater than 2021 to 2022 will be.
At most they will change from calling a high percentage of man blocking runs to a high percentage of zone blocking runs, both of which they have always used and will continue to use.
You couldn’t be ore wrong about this and citing that observers on the internet also misunderstand and agree with you as r proof and appeal to authority is true comedy gold.
None of this is relevant to this argument, but I love how you are still the only one including players who wont acknowledge there are major changes to the scheme this year. Ring 6 is right, everybody else on the team and covering the team is wrong.

I said the Patriots didnt offer him the same contract, which they didnt based on all reports. You then said money, which again wasnt the same. Guaranteed money isnt a qualifier, its literally a massive portion of contracts and money. Guaranteed money is not the same as potential money. Thats not a qualifier, thats a fact

Revis did not get more from the Patriots, where he signed a 32 mil dollar contract. He actually received 12 of the 32...Which shows you how the structure and headline of a contract can be deceiving, always follow the guarantees. Revis got another contract from the Jets, not the Patriots. You cant see the future, so you have no idea what would happen after year 1 of Bradys deal. Your argument was incorrect. You said 50=50, regardless. It is not, I proved it with 1 single example. 32 did not equal 32.

Cant continue here, considering I never once said they threw the offense out and built a new one. Maybe you're confused?

None of this is relevant to this argument, but I love how you are still the only one including players who wont acknowledge there are major changes to the scheme this year. Ring 6 is right, everybody else on the team and covering the team is wrong.
I said it was the same amount of money. See this is what you do, you redefine my comment to pretend it means what you want to argue against. I did not say 50 million non guaranted is the same contract as if it were guaranteed. But you have no argument so you must pretend i did.
ultimately though as to the underlying point, it didn’t really matter if it was guaranteed unless Brady expected to be cut after 2020 and no team would want him. The second year guarantee was not the reason he left. It couldn’t have been. Arguing that he wanted to stay and would have if the second year was guaranteed is laughable. What was he risking?

Revis ended up getting more. None of that changes that the contract was for 32 million. It was.

Scarnecchia agrees with me, Belichick agrees with me, history agrees with me.
You can’t even give examples of how the scheme has changed. The fact that other posters are misinterpreting vague and incorrect reports, and not understanding that this happens every year, is not a reason to deny facts.

I said it was the same amount of money. See this is what you do, you redefine my comment to pretend it means what you want to argue against. I did not say 50 million non guaranted is the same contract as if it were guaranteed. But you have no argument so you must pretend i did.
50 million guaranteed is not the same money as 50 million that is potentially not earned. Not sure why you are still arguing this. Revis signed here for 32 million. He did not receive it. In that case 32 million GTD is not the same as the 32 that was in Revis' contract.

ultimately though as to the underlying point, it didn’t really matter if it was guaranteed unless Brady expected to be cut after 2020 and no team would want him. The second year guarantee was not the reason he left. It couldn’t have been. Arguing that he wanted to stay and would have if the second year was guaranteed is laughable. What was he risking?
Again, you ignore all team reporting saying he asked for multi year contracts for years...With guaranteed money in each year. You simply ignore it.

Revis ended up getting more. None of that changes that the contract was for 32 million. It was.
Revis got more from a different team. It was an entirely different contract. Again, this is a losing argument for you. He signed a contract that was 2/32 and played here for 1/12. Do you know why? Because the Patriots werent obligated to pay him in the 2nd year. Hence why 32 did not equal 32. Guaranteed Money is not the same as non gtd money
Scarnecchia agrees with me, Belichick agrees with me, history agrees with me.
You can’t even give examples of how the scheme has changed. The fact that other posters are misinterpreting vague and incorrect reports, and not understanding that this happens every year, is not a reason to deny facts.
Sure, there literally no examples of players saying terminology has changed, blocking schemes have changed and the reasons why they changed it. ALong with everybody that has watched practice has confirmed this. But besides that I cant give any examples. Your idea that I said they are throwing out the playbook is a false one.

50 million guaranteed is not the same money as 50 million that is potentially not earned. Not sure why you are still arguing this. Revis signed here for 32 million. He did not receive it. In that case 32 million GTD is not the same as the 32 that was in Revis' contract.

Again, you ignore all team reporting saying he asked for multi year contracts for years...With guaranteed money in each year. You simply ignore it.

Revis got more from a different team. It was an entirely different contract. Again, this is a losing argument for you. He signed a contract that was 2/32 and played here for 1/12. Do you know why? Because the Patriots werent obligated to pay him in the 2nd year. Hence why 32 did not equal 32. Guaranteed Money is not the same as non gtd money

Sure, there literally no examples of players saying terminology has changed, blocking schemes have changed and the reasons why they changed it. ALong with everybody that has watched practice has confirmed this. But besides that I cant give any examples. Your idea that I said they are throwing out the playbook is a false one.
50 million dollars is 50 million dollars, you are putting a condition on it to try and say that’s not so. If I put 50 million on a table and say you can have it or 50 million in a lion den and say you can have it, both are still 50 million.

Why would it matter to Brady if year 2 was guarantee?

Revis signed for 32 million. You are correct. Your argument that he didn’t receive the 32 million implies it would have been better for him if it was guaranteed and he did. That is not true, he got more since it wasn’t. He was wise to not want it guaranteed.

Terminolgy was streamlined, Belichick said that himself.
you keep repeating your misunderstanding as if it will turn correct if you say it enough.
What blocking schemes have changed? Please explain that. First you may want to read Scarnecchias comments because he says they didnt.
You also initial stuck your foot in your mouth over this in response to a discussion about the passing game being to complicated and should be dumbed down, removing sight reads by receivers. Please show me all the evidence that has happened
what we have is:
1) Streamlining of terminology, proven to happen on a regular basis
2) Greater early camp focus on plays they have always run, but run less frequently and apparently feel may be a better fit for this personnel, again something that happens every year, in varying degrees. This is not “changing the scheme or playbook”.

You do understand that when you focus on a different piece of the offense early on, in order to see if using that concept more often will work well with these players then the players see a change right?
If we ran 80% man blocking last year, and practiced it 80% of practice, then decide we may want to run more zone, so we come out at the start of camp and focus on it, it seems like a change right? Seems simplified because you dont have to read how the defense is aligned just run to our spot and block who shows, right? This is what is happening. Reporters see different plays being run often than what they used to see, “OMG they changed everything!!!!” Don’t be so gullible. You do. To develop an offensive system over 20 years then change it to something else. Everything they are doing they have always done. They are opening their mind to altering the frequency they will use different concepts within the offense. It’s not that complicated.
Read what Scar says

50 million dollars is 50 million dollars, you are putting a condition on it to try and say that’s not so. If I put 50 million on a table and say you can have it or 50 million in a lion den and say you can have it, both are still 50 million.
The difference would be, you can have 50 million dollars in your pocket now...And nothing you do or I do can prevent that...Or this 50 million dollars is in a lions den, with hungry lions and by the time you get there...I can still determine if I want to give it to you. Ya theres a difference in that money. Still not understanding how you are missing this. There was a great potential in him never seeing 50 million here. Thats different.
Why would it matter to Brady if year 2 was guarantee?
Ask him, he clearly wanted it. He seemed to like security.
Revis signed for 32 million. You are correct. Your argument that he didn’t receive the 32 million implies it would have been better for him if it was guaranteed and he did. That is not true, he got more since it wasn’t. He was wise to not want it guaranteed.
No my argument is that the Contract was 2/32, he was here for 1 and received 12. 32 did not equal 32. This is a perfect example because you are claiming the 53 mil in the Patriots/Brady alleged offer was actually more than the 50 he got in tampa. Clearly, all of the stipulations and guarantees show us that simply is not the case. What he got from a different team, simply doesnt matter here.
Terminolgy was streamlined, Belichick said that himself.
I have argued that since the beginning, That in itself is a massive change from last year. This has been confirmed by players. Its not somethign that happens every year
you keep repeating your misunderstanding as if it will turn correct if you say it enough.
What blocking schemes have changed? Please explain that. First you may want to read Scarnecchias comments because he says they didnt.
You also initial stuck your foot in your mouth over this in response to a discussion about the passing game being to complicated and should be dumbed down, removing sight reads by receivers. Please show me all the evidence that has happened
what we have is:
1) Streamlining of terminology, proven to happen on a regular basis
2) Greater early camp focus on plays they have always run, but run less frequently and apparently feel may be a better fit for this personnel, again something that happens every year, in varying degrees. This is not “changing the scheme or playbook”.
You do understand that when you focus on a different piece of the offense early on, in order to see if using that concept more often will work well with these players then the players see a change right?
If we ran 80% man blocking last year, and practiced it 80% of practice, then decide we may want to run more zone, so we come out at the start of camp and focus on it, it seems like a change right? Seems simplified because you dont have to read how the defense is aligned just run to our spot and block who shows, right? This is what is happening. Reporters see different plays being run often than what they used to see, “OMG they changed everything!!!!” Don’t be so gullible. You do. To develop an offensive system over 20 years then change it to something else. Everything they are doing they have always done. They are opening their mind to altering the frequency they will use different concepts within the offense. It’s not that complicated.
Read what Scar says
Again, you are blaming the media for spreading this as if they are all making it up, as if they are all massively incorrect, as well as all of the players who have commented on the changes happening. None of which was the rhetoric over the last 20 years. Feel free to show me links or reports that are showing equal changes in every offseason and that can prove you right.

The difference would be, you can have 50 million dollars in your pocket now...And nothing you do or I do can prevent that...Or this 50 million dollars is in a lions den, with hungry lions and by the time you get there...I can still determine if I want to give it to you. Ya theres a difference in that money. Still not understanding how you are missing this. There was a great potential in him never seeing 50 million here. Thats different.

Ask him, he clearly wanted it. He seemed to like security.

No my argument is that the Contract was 2/32, he was here for 1 and received 12. 32 did not equal 32. This is a perfect example because you are claiming the 53 mil in the Patriots/Brady alleged offer was actually more than the 50 he got in tampa. Clearly, all of the stipulations and guarantees show us that simply is not the case. What he got from a different team, simply doesnt matter here.

I have argued that since the beginning, That in itself is a massive change from last year. This has been confirmed by players. Its not somethign that happens every year

Again, you are blaming the media for spreading this as if they are all making it up, as if they are all massively incorrect, as well as all of the players who have commented on the changes happening. None of which was the rhetoric over the last 20 years. Feel free to show me links or reports that are showing equal changes in every offseason and that can prove you right.
So you freely admit you are changing the point in order to argue.
I did not ever say the terms, conditions, or parameters were the same, I said the money was. Its the same money. THAT was the point, and your need to add condition, explanation and parameter just illustrate you know you were wrong.

He didn’t CLEARLY WANT IT. That’s the point. He chose to leave for itger reasons.
Security, lol. You think Brady wasn’t financially secure without an extra 25 mill? You think he was getting cut? You think no one would want him if he was? He will make more as a broadcaster.
He signed a 32 million dollar contract. That is an iron clad fact. 53 million is more than 50 million. Was, is, will be. Unless the Patriots cut Brady after 2020 he would have made more if he signed it. FACT.

Streamlining terminology is not a major change. It happens regularly. The defense just went through it. It’s not a novel thing. It doesn’t change what happens on the field.

I’m not “blaming” anyone. I am saying they either misunderstand what I’d happening or they are purposely overflowing it because some do have an agenda.
Players have commented on changes almost every season.
Why would I look for reports of “equal” changes when I am telling you they change every year WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE OFFENSE at VARYING DEGREES based upon personnel?
Go look at the tape and tell me how much they changed from 2019 to 2020, 2020 to 2021, 2006 to 2007, 2001 to 2002, 2009 to 2010, 2012 to 2013, 2017 to 2018 etc, etc, etc
It happens every year.

"cling to the league investigation"? lol ... Pointing out that the league what the league knows, and the fact that they felt the need to hammer the fins/ross/beal over "just tampering everyone does it" says more about that than I ever could...

You do realize that its literally meaningless where Brady ultimately signed, right? He deliberately had multiple conversations with the fins ... that alone works as a detriment of the Patriots... Whether or not he re-signed here, or left as he did is irrelevant - its still a **** move on his part.

and finally, the league does indeed maintain that, and thats why both the contracts and the cba spell out the bounds of free agency ... its in the player contracts... Read the CBA - there is a copy of the standard contract in it... its all in black and white, easy to read... and as it furthers my point, just because he could do something without penalty, doesn't mean he should...

it was a **** move by Tom Brady who is ultimately proving that he has no character beyond achieving his own desires... that he has no honor... that he's just another selfish narcissistic athlete...

It's pretty clear without reading the entire CBA that the only time a player or their agent who is under contract can talk to other teams is the two day "negotiating period" before the start of free agency.

It's also pretty clear why the NFL doesn't crack down on most cases of players talking to teams before that two day window: there are labor laws about restraint of free trade etc and clearly the NFL doesn't want to get into a legal fight it might lose. Therefore, it lets most of it go, rather than risk setting a legal precedent that might be against its interests. It prefers this grey area, rather than the full-on wild west that would take hold if they went to court and lost, which has happened in the past (see "Curt Flood case"). Yet the NFL does have franchise agreements they can and do enforce on the owners, since the owners agreed to abide by NFL rules when they signed the franchise agreements.

So, here we have a player negotiating on and off for pretty much an entire season while he was under contract to us, and then doing it again while he was under contract to Tampa, definitely an "egregious" case. I'm sure they would have come down hard on the player if their legal standing was clear, but they know they can keep the problem within limits if they come down on the owner, which is what they did.

To me, the situation in our own lives that most parallels this is a single person deciding it's OK to date a married person who is in a troubled relationship. They know the ethics of it are terrible, but they want what they want, so they find ways to rationalize it in their mind. They know the right thing to do is to wait for the marital situation to sort itself out and if there is a divorce for there to be time for some healing afterwords, but they want what they want, so they swoop right in.

I wouldn't describe such a person as having no character, but I would say they they are really, really selfish, and indeed what they are doing is a "**** move".

As I wrote earlier, I think both the team and the player had their reasons to do what they did that lead to Tom leaving, but to then say it's OK for Tom to make "**** moves" just because he didn't get what he wanted is IMO just a rationalization. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I think it's more egregious in the case of Tom because he has a giant media machine cranking out multi-part documentaries about how perfect he is, and now he's poised to be in our living rooms for years if not decades as a NFL commentator. I can't see how he can comment on other people's ethics after he's clearly tarnished his own. My hypocrisy detector will be running any time I see him on the TV.

Yet I don't "hate" Tom like some here suggest. He's a flawed human. So are we all. I'd be fine with him if he'd just stop over-promoting himself, as if he is some sort of perfect human being. We all know that ain't true.

So you freely admit you are changing the point in order to argue.
I did not ever say the terms, conditions, or parameters were the same, I said the money was. Its the same money. THAT was the point, and your need to add condition, explanation and parameter just illustrate you know you were wrong.
Theres nothing changing in my parameters. Not sure why you keep saying that. I am talking about the money. I used an example with Revis that proved to you that the Money on the headline of the contract doesnt mean that what a player gets. How can guaranteed money be the same as money that isnt guaranteed? Massive difference. You now just want to say 50 = 50 and eliminate actual analysis. Sorry, doesnt work that way. You said Brady wouldve earned the same here as he did in Tampa, and you simply cannot prove that.

He didn’t CLEARLY WANT IT. That’s the point. He chose to leave for itger reasons.
He chose to leave for guaranteed money over multiple years, which he didnt get from here. Which is the entire basis of the point. You cant acknowledge how money is different from contract to contract.
Security, lol. You think Brady wasn’t financially secure without an extra 25 mill? You think he was getting cut? You think no one would want him if he was? He will make more as a broadcaster.
Secure as in, his job starting for the Patriots is secure...Not that hed be broke. Again, theres a reason he was asking for this and never received it.
He signed a 32 million dollar contract. That is an iron clad fact. 53 million is more than 50 million. Was, is, will be. Unless the Patriots cut Brady after 2020 he would have made more if he signed it. FACT.
THE 53 MILLION WASNT GUARANTEED, you again bring in hypotheticals, which is again the point. You have 0 idea of how much money he wouldve received if he signed that deal and for how long he wouldve played for. I for one, do know he received 25 mil in year 1 and 25 mil in year 2 of the Tampa deal. See how that works? Revis signed the contract that stated the deal was worth 32 million. He wasnt anywhere close to receiving that. For some reason your logic doesnt apply to him. Why not?
Streamlining terminology is not a major change. It happens regularly. The defense just went through it. It’s not a novel thing. It doesn’t change what happens on the field.
It is a major change when the result is meant to alter receiver options, etc. Something that theyve done forever is now being changed. Thats not yearly.
I’m not “blaming” anyone. I am saying they either misunderstand what I’d happening or they are purposely overflowing it because some do have an agenda.
Players have commented on changes almost every season.
Find the players commenting on a changing system in most offseasons. Also find reports that are all basically identical about a new offense. I can wait.
Why would I look for reports of “equal” changes when I am telling you they change every year WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE OFFENSE at VARYING DEGREES based upon personnel?
Go look at the tape and tell me how much they changed from 2019 to 2020, 2020 to 2021, 2006 to 2007, 2001 to 2002, 2009 to 2010, 2012 to 2013, 2017 to 2018 etc, etc, etc
It happens every year.
Why would you want to bring facts and data to the table to support your argument, when you can simply just say what you want? Good point

Last edited:
Theres nothing changing in my parameters. Not sure why you keep saying that. I am talking about the money. I used an example with Revis that proved to you that the Money on the headline of the contract doesnt mean that what a player gets. How can guaranteed money be the same as money that isnt guaranteed? Massive difference. You now just want to say 50 = 50 and eliminate actual analysis. Sorry, doesnt work that way. You said Brady wouldve earned the same here as he did in Tampa, and you simply cannot prove that.

He chose to leave for guaranteed money over multiple years, which he didnt get from here. Which is the entire basis of the point. You cant acknowledge how money is different from contract to contract.

Secure as in, his job starting for the Patriots is secure...Not that hed be broke. Again, theres a reason he was asking for this and never received it.

THE 53 MILLION WASNT GUARANTEED, you again bring in hypotheticals, which is again the point. You have 0 idea of how much money he wouldve received if he signed that deal and for how long he wouldve played for. I for one, do know he received 25 mil in year 1 and 25 mil in year 2 of the Tampa deal. See how that works? Revis signed the contract that stated the deal was worth 32 million. He wasnt anywhere close to receiving that. For some reason your logic doesnt apply to him. Why not?

It is a major change when the result is meant to alter receiver options, etc. Something that theyve done forever is now being changed. Thats not yearly.

Find the players commenting on a changing system in most offseasons. Also find reports that are all basically identical about a new offense. I can wait.

Why would you want to bring facts and data to the table to support your argument, when you can simply just say what you want? Good point
If Brady signed a 2 year 53 mill extension here he would have made more than he made in Tampa unless we cut him, guarantee or not, and it’s pretty well guaranteed he wasn’t getting cut

He chose to leave. You are making up why, and it’s ridiculous to assume he wanted to stay and guaranteeing the second year made that why he couldn’t. He doesn’t need the money and was getting it anyway.

What does “alter receiver options etc” mean? Nothing of the sort is happening.

I brought facts to the argument, unfortunately you lack the knowledge to understand them. I am taking about the facts of what this team has done. You are googling and replacing knowledge with articles as an appeal to authority that fails.

If Brady signed a 2 year 53 mill extension here he would have made more than he made in Tampa unless we cut him, guarantee or not, and it’s pretty well guaranteed he wasn’t getting cut
Again, you literally have 0 proof of this, and what the structure of the contract was like. You say this with confidence like I didnt just show you an example proving this is incorrect. How much did KVN make in Miami? He signed a 51 million dollar deal. Surely he received all of it...According to your logic?
He chose to leave. You are making up why, and it’s ridiculous to assume he wanted to stay and guaranteeing the second year made that why he couldn’t. He doesn’t need the money and was getting it anyway.
You dont listen to or read reporting. "He doesnt need the money" is laughable. BB doesnt need the money either, is he coaching for free?
What does “alter receiver options etc” mean? Nothing of the sort is happening.
You could say limit? Limit decision making and reading a defense on their end, which alters the route? Makes them play more decisive which would hopefully lead to playing faster? Things that all reporting and players have said.
I brought facts to the argument, unfortunately you lack the knowledge to understand them. I am taking about the facts of what this team has done. You are googling and replacing knowledge with articles as an appeal to authority that fails.
I havent googled anything, I have listened to what players here have said. You are simply saying, just because the media mob is saying it, means they all lack the knowledge to understand what theyre seeing. Where as, they havent done that in any year except this one. Wonder why

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back