SOURCE:CBS Boston

SOURCE:Pats Pulpit

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFanInVa, Feb 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackBauer

JackBauer Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +7,687
    Justin Amash

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. festy1986

festy1986 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,838
    Feel free to donate your stimulus check to me

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82,364
  4. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82,364
    A few weeks will be premature.

5. Nunchucks

Nunchucks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,537
    Everybody loves to be self reliant until they need help. It's funny how that works.

My family was poor. I benefitted from food stamps as a child and welfare. Now I own my own home make very good money and pay a lot of taxes. Heck, I even have Patriots season tickets.

If it wasnt for the government's help, I wonder how things would have turned out.

• Like Like x 5
  6. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +7,687
    If the GOP is closer to self reliance, why is it overwhelmingly red states that draw more money from the federal government than they contribute in revenue?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. dreighver

dreighver PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,164
    It's easy to seem like a know-it-all when you're talking to someone who knows nothing at all.

And to be clear, I didn't have to assume you are narrowminded. You've demonstrated that repeatedly on your own.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  8. primetime

primetime PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,118
    Imagine trying to extend an olive branch to Democrats by saying "I like Joe Lieberman."

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +7,687
    When you say every pol, what exactly do you mean?

10. sambam94

sambam94 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,096
    and how exactly has the last 4 years been a detriment to you? If the media wasn't so darn biased and have an agenda, most Americans would realize this country is doing quite well under Trump. But I get it, most people are too lazy and buy what the media is selling.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,713
    Things sure went to hell fast, right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. MUFC7

MUFC7 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +602
    This is really not the time to argue about policies. It's nearly impossible to change the political affiliation of someone, let alone over the internet.

The situation will be very bad. Here in Europe we get a daily reminder about the situations in Italy and the last few days from Spain and it's simply horrific. Current data suggests that the US will have a similar challenge to those countries so be cautious in everything you do outside. It might save the life of one of your loved ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jlaff

Jlaff Early Bird Specials PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +3,258
    I like this at first blush. Always good to eliminate conflicts of interest, keeping in mind Trump has no real conflict of interest because he isn't actually voting on the bill. Could also come across as a bit petty if your main target is Trump. I (sincerely) doubt Trump would be concerned about bailouts to line his own pockets. And the people that work for Trump still have families like everyone else.

Have to assume/hope they were careful with the language in the bill re: "own" a business. I "own" a ton of a businesses as a shareholder.

I also have trouble seeing how this is would be a democratic only idea (but if so, credit where its due). A lot of conservatives were outraged over the congress people from both sides selling off their portfolios based on insider knowledge of the corona virus. Even Tucker! He was maybe the angriest of them all.

14. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,848
    No he's not unfit. Quit watching out-of-context clips and actually watch interviews - Wallace yesterday, for example. He was cogent and correct. Biden would surround himself with competent people at every turn - he's already adopted two of Warren's policies, for example. He's not an ideologue, and no, seriously cut the crap, he's not suffering dementia. The instances of, for example, Trump screwing up are everywhere (see the Daily Show clip mocking Fox today), but as someone who has to go in public all the time, I shudder at the spoonerisms and malapropisms that fall from my lips - as do my peers.

And I understand math. Bernie's revolution didn't show up. He got 20k fewer votes in Michigan than last time, while Biden got 250k more votes than Clinton. The people showing up are the same ones who gave the Dems the House in 2018: suburban voters who can't deal with Trump anymore. If there are so many righteous and young twitter revolutionaries, then where the hell are they on election day?

Because the new D voters aren't voting for Bernie. Last time, Bernie's reason for staying was that California hadn't voted yet. Well, it has. And he's way behind in delegates and wouldn't catch up if he won every remaining state unless he won them with huge margins, which seems unlikely.

And here's the thing: you don't see me bashing Sanders, and personally, I have little affection for him. To me, he is the embodiment of Barney Frank's line: "luxuriating in the purity of his irrelevance."

But if for some weird reason, he became the nominee, he'd get my vote, my max donation, and my full-throated support.

Trump is a monster. He's basically telling the governor of New York to "bend the knee" if he wants ventilators. The choice in November is binary.

if you went on Nicole Wallace's show today and started this smarmy crap about Biden sucking yesterday, she would slap you around like a rented mule - and that lady ain't now softball interviewer or thinker.

• Like Like x 1
  15. festy1986

festy1986 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,838
    Were doing just fine.

He didnt wreck his precious economy by calling the deadliest new strain of virus discovered in over how many decades a hoax or stroke the flames of divison or anything nuts like that.

16. maust1013

maust1013 Just Another Guy PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +17,958
    And most of the Left, and ALL of the Middle and Right who have ours and aim to keep it have a wary eye on his Anarcho azz. That Comrade is one thoroughly dangerous poputchik

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
  17. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +7,687
    When we say Trump, are you sure we're talking about the same person? Because from where I sit he and his family have had their fingers in the public purse since taking office, and have barely even tried to hide their grift.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 50-yard-line

50-yard-line Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,848
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Jlaff

Ratings:
    +3,258
    You might be right. I still think the proper route was the British route of making up payroll for the distressed companies. But I haven't read the bill, maybe it does that?

If you want to keep this strong economy going, it makes sense to me that you would do whatever you can to put the economy in a position to pick up where it left off by making sure people still have jobs at the end of this.

20. Jlaff

Ratings:
    +3,258
    I admit I haven't been following any of that. But I also stopped listening to CNN about 2 years ago because they seemed to twist everything they could into a negative for Trump. So they've conditioned me to simply not believe what they say, even if its the truth. The whole boy who cried wolf thing.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.