PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Confirmation that Gisele tried to get Tom to retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. You get to have your heart broken when Brady leads the Patriots to a win in the Super Bowl, and I’m sure Quantum will will send you one of his Quantum troll dolls in the mail, just send him your address. And it will come with a jersey from the team you and Quantum now cheer for, the San Francisco’s 49ers.
I will assume you are trolling me better than I am trolling you. Congrats ...

From SI's piece on the AFCCG. Feely did not go along :)

Last spring Brady and his family vacationed with retired kicker Jay Feely, a close friend from their college days at Michigan. This being Brady, Feely prefers not to disclose the locale, but he does share that Brady’s wife, the supermodel Gisele Bündchen, spent time on that trip “trying to get me to convince [Tom] to stop playing.” And, Feely adds, “she was dead serious.”

Feely says he looked at his friend and told him, “Play as long as you can.” Brady smiled back and winked.

“For years he wanted to prove he belonged in this league,” Feely says. “He won three Super Bowls and still used perceived slights to motivate himself. And he’s still finding ways to motivate himself.”
He can't retire now that he forced JAG out...

honestly if he wins his sixth i wouldn't be mad at him for walking away.
they should not have traded Jimmy though. He kind of needs to try for a few more years since they got rid of Jimmy. Honestly if he retired THIS year after us trading Jimmy? That would be him basically wronging the team.

I still feel he can play the next two years after this year. His arm still looks good enough. After that i just don't know.
Even one more is good. He simply can't retire after next week though since we shipped Jimmy off based on him insisting he is going to play forever.

they should not have traded Jimmy though. He kind of needs to try for a few more years since they got rid of Jimmy. Honestly if he retired THIS year after us trading Jimmy? That would be him basically wronging the team.

Which makes me think he won't retire. I think he will play a couple of more seasons.

He won’t retire this year. Maybe in 2020 but that’s about the soonest I see it.
there would be pitchforks and torches if he retired about SB 52 even with a win LOL

After we just traded jimmy, I would be a little upset

Im as big a Brady fan as it gets but I would be seriously pissed off if he watched them trade Garrapolo and then retired. I wouldn’t have had any problem if he had retired after # 5 but you don’t allow your franchise to trade the heir to the job and then walk away. However, short of a career ending injury in this Super Bowl that’s not happening, and what will happen instead is that Brady will lead them to # 6 and then Vegas will install the Patriots as the favorites to win next years Super Bowl, breaking the hearts of the Garrapolo trolls, like Quantum, who hate Brady and the Patriots because Belichick traded their binky away.

Smith is good, but I like Cousins more. Younger too.

I do prefer Smiths IQ. He can manage a game well and can make enough plays to get the job done.

cousins would be good, but hes going to fectch north of 22 million a year. Alex smith can be had for around 15 id say.

And for the record, anytime someone starts a thread like this and then doesn’t actually participate in it it’s because it was only meant to troll the board. Quantum used to be a Patriots fan and was actually once a decent contributor to this site, however he has become so angry and bitter that they traded Garrapolo that he has decided to troll this site. And while I definitely think it’s wrong for Patriot fans to troll their own site I realize that with most of the Garrapolites, and especially Quantum, that they aren’t Patriot fans anymore. Now their hearts and fandom has relocated to the Bay Area. It’s a beautiful place and I hope they will be happy with their little darling and their new team. Good luck Garrapolites, too bad you don’t get to enjoy # 6.

So thats who really cut his throwing(!) hand....

Im as big a Brady fan as it gets but I would be seriously pissed off if he watched them trade Garrapolo and then retired. I wouldn’t have had any problem if he had retired after # 5 but you don’t allow your franchise to trade the heir to the job and then walk away. However, short of a career ending injury in this Super Bowl that’s not happening, and what will happen instead is that Brady will lead them to # 6 and then Vegas will install the Patriots as the favorites to win next years Super Bowl, breaking the hearts of the Garrapolo trolls, like Quantum, who hate Brady and the Patriots because Belichick traded their binky away.

I think it would be awesome if we won it all this year and both BB and TB decided to retire. In their speeches they reveal that they both waited until JG was gone in order to stick it to Kraft for throwing them under the bus. I'd laugh my ass off!

Tom have to give us Three more years now and that's it. I really wanted him to quit after this year and we move on with Jimmy G. But we let Jimmy go for very little, we couldn't script this season any better now he have to give us at least three more until the young guy is ready.

Oh, and he eats like a goat -- that has to suck for her.

I am willing to bet all this avocado BS has roots in Gisele's dietary needs some where.

honestly if he wins his sixth i wouldn't be mad at him for walking away.

I don't think many share that view especially with a heir apparent not in view.:confused: IF we had hung on to Jimmy G. we could have transitioned like Montana to Young... Favre to Rodgers good fortunes especially at the QB position happens for some Teams at times.

Last edited:
That type of pressure from a spouse, in a normal relationship, typically does result in a compromise.

I have no idea what these billionaire mega star couples are like but the woman genuinely seems to love him and I can't fault her for saying it's probably time.

Between this and the other stuff she's said I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he retires a few years before he would have otherwise but it'll be impossible for us to know.

No offence but billionaire mega star couples typically move on when the going gets tough. Don't mean to say it like that *and hope Brady and his wife lives up to their vows* but that in bold is true.

So Brady was telling the truth when he said a few years ago that if it was to his wife, he would be retired be now, WOW Amazing!

Its not like they need the money.

Brady clearly states that he wants to play at least another couple years. For God sake, he has led his team to back to back Superbowls and 7 straight AFC championship games, I don't think he "fallen off the cliff" yet. As for his wife, who would blame her that she wants him to retire.
And why would his wife wanting him to retire change anything about him playing as long as he wants to? This is something he lives to do and he will have to go the rest of his life without it. What kind of relationships do you people have?

No offence but billionaire mega star couples typically move on when the going gets tough. Don't mean to say it like that *and hope Brady and his wife lives up to their vows* but that in bold is true.
No more than any other ignorant stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore