PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers lose Henry for the Season - Will they call the Pats about Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Chargers have virtually no TE on the roster worth a damn and Henry was expected to be a huge part of that offense but now he's gone with a torn ACL

With Gates far past his prime and the Chargers wanting to move on,its entirely possible the Chargers make an attempt on getting Gronk - hope not with his contract under negotiation but would not shock me if they did and what they would offer.

Opinions?

That's an interesting reaction to Henry's injury. My first thought when I heard about it was 'Suddenly I don't mind Gronk not being at OTA's quite as much.' All in how you look at things I guess ;)

EdAhctl.png

The only thing I would want from the Chargers is Bosa and we aren’t getting him
I hope if they do offer something and it is accepted hoping we don't get raped like in the Garoppolo deal with SF - A 1st rounder and a 4th in 2019 for example would be something I could see offered should SD try to call our F.O.

I don't see it. If the Pats were to trade Gronk I'd think they would want an instant impact player or players. The Chargers don't have one we would want they would be willing to move I think.

I don't see it. If the Pats were to trade Gronk I'd think they would want an instant impact player or players. The Chargers don't have one we would want they would be willing to move I think.
Bosa... Would fill a need, tremendous talent, younger guy with longevity. They would not trade Bosa straight up for Gronk.

Bosa... Would fill a need, tremendous talent, younger guy with longevity. They would not trade Bosa straight up for Gronk.
ZERO Chance indeed - of course I would consider Gronk for Casey Hayward - a guy like Hayward in last years SB covering Jeffery and its ring #6

Hayward or Bosa is all they got to offer other than future Draft picks

gronkowski for their first in 2019? Very tempting, but i’ll Have to pass.

Gronkowski is a desperately needed receiver now.

Edelman is 33 and coming off a torn acl. Plus he has an injury history.

Hogan is slow.

Mitchell does not look healthy.

Dorsett is an empty uniform.

Britt is an under achiever, but could be special in our offense.

Mathews is slower than hogan. But very good at creating separation.

Bottom line is we need gronkowski to catch some balls for us this season.

The Chargers have virtually no TE on the roster worth a damn and Henry was expected to be a huge part of that offense but now he's gone with a torn ACL

With Gates far past his prime and the Chargers wanting to move on,its entirely possible the Chargers make an attempt on getting Gronk - hope not with his contract under negotiation but would not shock me if they did and what they would offer.

Opinions?
Gronk is a patriot. What does that have to do with San Diego? If Belichick lost his mind and was going to trade Gronk it would have happened already not because sd needs a te, calls and B.B. decides what the hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
gronkowski for their first in 2019? Very tempting, but i’ll Have to pass.

Gronkowski is a desperately needed receiver now.

Edelman is 33 and coming off a torn acl. Plus he has an injury history.

Hogan is slow.

Mitchell does not look healthy.

Dorsett is an empty uniform.

Britt is an under achiever, but could be special in our offense.

Mathews is slower than hogan. But very good at creating separation.

Bottom line is we need gronkowski to catch some balls for us this season.
Edelman turned 32 36 hours ago. Nice work.

I think Brady would instant retire if that happened.
The two players definitely go hand in hand these days. I think moving either player would jeopardize the situation of the other. No doubt.

Never gonna happen. Gronk is at this moment one of the most reliable options in the offense and wouldn't be a smart move to get rid of him. Bosa, Gordon or Allen are Chargers franchise players and shipping them away wouldn't be smart as well. Let's see what is going on with restructuring Gronk's contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back