SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Panthers
Sun
Oct 1st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Finally Connecting
Tom Brady and Brandin Cooks finally got on the same page during Sunday's win over the Texans.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by Ross12, Aug 22, 2017.

1. PatriotReign

PatriotReign 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

They beat them while KD was hurt.

2. dafoe2016

dafoe2016 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

What possible reason would there be for New Orleans to take that pennies on the dollar trade without the Brooklyn pick which Special Ed Danny threw away and several others? Horford is grotesquely overpaid and invisible on most nights. As much as people rave about him, Brown hasn't actually done anything. He struggled to find minutes on a team that had no clear second scoring option behind IT and was a decent team, but nothing special. Tatum looks like an NBA ready scorer, but he hasn't played a minute of NBA basketball. Success in Summer League is meaningless. Marcus Smart lit up Summer League. And he is legitimate;y on of the worst offensive players in the league. Maybe the worst guard.

I wish people would stop focusing on AD anyway. He's signed for three years, at a very reasonable rate. He's not available. The only chance we had was using that Brooklyn pick to draft a franchise player and flipping him two years down the road. But why would you do that? It's not happening. We do not have the assets and he's not available.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. dafoe2016

Brady may be a bit lacking in personal character (he's a Trump and a Mayweather fan) but he doesn't think the Earth is flat. Kyrie is flat out crazy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. ALP

ALP PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

we all got our own little bit of crazy going on, whose really to say which is less and which is more?

5. dafoe2016

Believing that the Earth is flat seems to be a pretty distinct line that separates the majority of society from true lunatics.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TommyD4207

TommyD4207 In the Starting Line-Up

I know they can't cover Kyrie Irving. The question will be with the other 11 players.

7. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

My point was Davis as a single player makes the Cs better than those 3 combined.

Smart is not an offensive threat. He's a lunchpail guy. You need to start viewing him differently.

Brown was a rookie last year. We need to see how he developes.

8. TeamFirst

TeamFirst On the Game Day Roster

I think I want to see what Tatum has to offer before deciding on trading him. That's the only reason I say No way.

I probably would add the Lal 2-5 and possibly another 1st like the Memphis pick along with Horford and Brown.

9. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

I would prefer that as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bill Lee

Bill Lee What, me worry? PatsFans.com Supporter

Let me guess, Juliet Litman is a millennial...

says:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. captain insano

captain insano In the Starting Line-Up

its weird hes not on the celtics anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

He's going to get way more open shots this year and less wear and tear on his body so it will all be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. captain insano

good for who? he might not be back until the all star break.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. Actual Pats Fan

Actual Pats Fan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

I must disagree.

Since they bought the team, the owners are stuck to Danny Ainge like Kraft is to the flying elvis.

James Posey, Kendrick Perkins...

IOW no amount of logic or facts or reality can change their behavior.

You'll see Danny as Celtics czar in 2025 just like you see endless flying elvis flags being run back and forth on opening night.

Nothing will make Danny any smarter, just as nothing will make the flying elvis less ugly.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

I like Danny...and the Flying Elvis

Danny has done a good job building this team and im not sure he is done yet. Plus that old Pat Patriot looks like he is taking a dump

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

I can't believe people are still complaining about the Kyrie trade.
    Celtics 100% won that deal. They got a player who made one of the clutchest shots in the history of the game and is just entering his prime.

When IT is still hobbled with the hip injury after the all star break and after the Nets wind up with a better record than the Lakers this season, I bet they'll all be singing a different tune.

• Like Like x 1
  18. captain insano

i hope you are right about ainge. hes a great GM. hes done an unbelivable job with the celtics. hes one of the most respected GMS in the league. hes not going anywhere anytime soon. love the flying elvis.

19. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

You don't honestly believe that's going to happen, do you?

20. YOUGOTMOSSED

YOUGOTMOSSED In the Starting Line-Up

If the Lakers aren't the worst team in the west, they are certainly in the bottom 3 (Kings and Suns may or may not be worse-I can't think of any other team they might be better than).

Because the Celtic's interest in the outcome, I followed quite a few Nets games last year. I noticed that, typically, the Nets stayed competitive for 3 quarters and fell apart in 4th in most games. In the off season, the Nets added some NBA veterans that can provide the stability to prevent 4th quarter collapses. If Lin stays healthy, I think this team could improve drastically from last season.

So, yes, I'm predicting Nets will have a better record than Lakers this year.

• Useful Useful x 1