PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Incredible. And of course I'm wearing my IT shirt today.

They traded Thomas, Crowder, Zizic AND Brooklyn's first-rounder next year for Kyrie...

They traded Thomas, Crowder, Zizic AND Brooklyn's first-rounder next year for Kyrie...

How long is Kyrie under contract for?

EDIT: Irving has three years and $60 million left on his contract, but he can opt out of the final year before the 2019-20 season.

That is a lot for what might be just 2 years of his time.

I love Kyrie, but that's a lot to give up. Also gonna miss IT. I'll always have big respect for that little guy.

If nothing else, the next Bill Simmons Podcast is gonna be epic! :D

Imo this deal hinges on how the nets perform this season. If the cavs end up with the #1 pick next year I'd say the cavs win this deal

I hope the part about the Brooklyn 1st rounder next year is BS because that would make this trade god awful.:mad:

Imo this deal hinges on how the nets perform this season. If the cavs end up with the #1 pick next year I'd say the cavs win this deal
Possibly, but even still, Kyrie is as good as a 1st overall pick and he's a proven commodity. IT was the man but we all know how much of a liability he was on defense, which was kind of an issue since this team is supposed to have such good defense.

They've got Irving, Hayward, Horford, Brown, Morris, Tatum, Smart and others, plus still have the Lakers' pick and their own picks. Hopefully Irving sticks around more than 2 years, but I think he will want to. He just wants to be "the guy" on a winning team. Hayward and Horford are both great players but are not that kind of guy; they'll definitely allow Irving to be "the guy."

Meanwhile, LeBron and Isaiah could both walk away from Cleveland after this year and Cleveland would end up with just Crowder, Zizic and Brooklyn's hopefully-high pick.

I still feel a little ill giving up the Brooklyn pick but I'm optimistic.

I've been thinking about this trade for weeks.

...and I still have no idea how I feel about it.

Possibly, but even still, Kyrie is as good as a 1st overall pick and he's a proven commodity. IT was the man but we all know how much of a liability he was on defense, which was kind of an issue since this team is supposed to have such good defense.

They've got Irving, Hayward, Horford, Brown, Morris, Tatum, Smart and others, plus still have the Lakers' pick and their own picks. Hopefully Irving sticks around more than 2 years, but I think he will want to. He just wants to be "the guy" on a winning team. Hayward and Horford are both great players but are not that kind of guy; they'll definitely allow Irving to be "the guy."

Meanwhile, LeBron and Isaiah could both walk away from Cleveland after this year and Cleveland would end up with just Crowder, Zizic and Brooklyn's hopefully-high pick.

I still feel a little ill giving up the Brooklyn pick but I'm optimistic.

Kyrie's a point guard. They grow on trees in today's NBA.

Wtf kind of deal is this? You basically just swapped elite point guards and gave up a ton of other valuable assets in the process with nothing in return.

The only difference is slightly less defensive liability with kyrie now over Thomas but thats it.

All did we was widen the gap between us and cleveland, not close it

If they win the title.

Only way Danny survives.

One title's not enough. They already had a high end point guard. What they don't have is franchise level bigs. That's where the Brooklyn pick was supposed to come in.

That's gone now.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back