PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

If they win the title.

Only way Danny survives.
I can certainly see them overtaking Cleveland, but what happens when they run into the buzz saw that is Golden State? Is he still in trouble, or does he get a pass because guys in GS are taking reduced contracts to field a super team?

well there it is...

i sure do hope Stevens can get Kyrie to play defense, if he does, im good with it, whactha gonna do? you know giving IT max money wasn't right move, even though i love the guy

Possibly, but even still, Kyrie is as good as a 1st overall pick and he's a proven commodity. IT was the man but we all know how much of a liability he was on defense, which was kind of an issue since this team is supposed to have such good defense.

They've got Irving, Hayward, Horford, Brown, Morris, Tatum, Smart and others, plus still have the Lakers' pick and their own picks. Hopefully Irving sticks around more than 2 years, but I think he will want to. He just wants to be "the guy" on a winning team. Hayward and Horford are both great players but are not that kind of guy; they'll definitely allow Irving to be "the guy."

Meanwhile, LeBron and Isaiah could both walk away from Cleveland after this year and Cleveland would end up with just Crowder, Zizic and Brooklyn's hopefully-high pick.

I still feel a little ill giving up the Brooklyn pick but I'm optimistic.

Only thing that worries me is if kyrie bolts after 2 years. Then the Cs are left with nothing and we get to monitor the career of whoever Cleveland selects with that pick.

Wtf kind of deal is this? You basically just swapped elite point guards and gave up a ton of other valuable assets in the process with nothing in return.

The only difference is slightly less defensive liability with kyrie now over Thomas but thats it.

All did we was widen the gap between us and cleveland, not close it

I love IT but he is 29 with a questionable hip who you'll have to give a max contract to next year.

IMO can't evaluate the deal until you see what that Nets pick turns into. Huge difference if it's 1st vs 5th.

well there it is...

i sure do hope Stevens can get Kyrie to play defense, if he does, im good with it, whactha gonna do? you know giving IT max money wasn't right move, even though i love the guy
Yeah, that was a situation I wasn't sure about. I didn't see how it would be sensible to pay IT that kind of money but we know he would want it or else he would've gone elsewhere anyway.

I can certainly see them overtaking Cleveland, but what happens when they run into the buzz saw that is Golden State? Is he still in trouble, or does he get a pass because guys in GS are taking reduced contracts to field a super team?
Maybe a 2018 Finals loss is ok and a title is ok 2019.

The move is one I would not do but one thing is certain....Danny has brass balls.

Kyrie is a major upgrade, but its the Brooklyn #1 that bothers me.

Oth, C's are still loaded with young talented players with huge upside,e.g., Tatum and brown.

The C's will be better this year because of the trade. But the jury will be out for 2 years when we find out: a. Just how good was the Brooklyn pick? and b. Does Kyrie stay with C's?

Maybe a 2018 Finals loss is ok and a title is ok 2019.

The move is one I would not do but one thing is certain....Danny has brass balls.

Danny makes a lot of really stupid decisions. This is one of them. This team, whether with Irving or Thomas, is not ready to beat the Warriors, even if it gets lucky enough to get by the Cavs. Getting the big was what was needed against Golden State, and Ainge just flushed that opportunity down the drain.

For some reason I'm reminded of the Bob McAdoo trade, when Red did this trade. Except...

...in this trade he's Cleveland. o_O

McAdoo was never a leader.

Neither is Irving which concerns me greatly

I love IT but he is 29 with a questionable hip who you'll have to give a max contract to next year.

IMO can't evaluate the deal until you see what that Nets pick turns into. Huge difference if it's 1st vs 5th.
True, but of all the f**king question marks on this team, the one thing you DIDNT need was an elite point guard. we just unloaded all of our best assets for something we already had..

Danny Ainge is just spinning his tires in mud with this deal

Cleveland got the better of this trade, IMO. Boston just traded away IT and their chance to get a quality big to the Cavs and Kyrie may only be on the team for another two years.

Do not like. Too much.

Danny makes a lot of really stupid decisions. This is one of them. This team, whether with Irving or Thomas, is not ready to beat the Warriors, even if it gets lucky enough to get by the Cavs. Getting the big was what was needed against Golden State, and Ainge just flushed that opportunity down the drain.
You can hate the trade but the Cs weakened the conference favorite and is now the clear favorites to go to the Finals

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back