PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics trade Isaiah Thomas, Brooklyn 2018 pick & players for Kyrie Irving

And only one of those four players were really on the starting 5. Very, very new-look Celtics.

True, but of all the f**king question marks on this team, the one thing you DIDNT need was an elite point guard. we just unloaded all of our best assets for something we already had..

Danny Ainge is just spinning his tires in mud with this deal

The other aspect is it clear Danny does not think IT is a max player or views him better than KI

One title's not enough. They already had a high end point guard. What they don't have is franchise level bigs. That's where the Brooklyn pick was supposed to come in.

That's gone now.

who is 30 years old with chronic hip problems and is getting a max deal after this season.

Kyrie Irving is more than a high end PG, he is much better than IT4. Any time you can get a top 5 player in the league, you pull the trigger.

Irving is the ceiling of what you could hope the Brooklyn pick becomes

Danny makes a lot of really stupid decisions. This is one of them. This team, whether with Irving or Thomas, is not ready to beat the Warriors, even if it gets lucky enough to get by the Cavs. Getting the big was what was needed against Golden State, and Ainge just flushed that opportunity down the drain.

What big could they have gotten?

You can hate the trade but the Cs weakened the conference favorite and is now the clear favorites to go to the Finals
We just gave up a ton of key supporting players and our team leader to our top rival for a guy in kyrie who, while super talented, has shown no ability to lead a team on his own. Tell me please how the C's are now the "clear favorites" when they just got worse

We just gave up a ton of key supporting players and our team leader to our top rival for a guy in kyrie who, while super talented, has shown no ability to lead a team on his own. Tell me please how the C's are now the "clear favorites" when they just got worse

so 1 now equals "a ton" ???

Jae Crowder was on the way out anyways with Tatum and Brown

What Cleveland did is called stealing

Irving can play defense - he just has to want to. Got to believe Stevens will get more out of him there. IT cannot play defense - and Cleveland's D was poor to begin with. Irving gets to be the man - with a shot at a big deal. We are better offensively than last year, we are better defensively. We have young talent. The draft is no guarantee almost ever. We were not going to turn that pick into a player better than Irving via trade. I think the deal has a chance to be great.

So this guy Ainge didnt think an elite big (which the team needs more than anything) like george or butler was worth trading the brooklyn pick and key starters for, but trading for a point guard that does the same thing that our best player already does somehow IS worthy of that trade? Thats some logic right there..

Well lets see what he does with the chance, Im not even a Celtics fan by the way. Just sayin the guy has been under lebrons shadow for half of his career

Ainge is betting that the Nets won't be a bottom 3 team this year.

I hope the part about the Brooklyn 1st rounder next year is BS because that would make this trade god awful.:mad:

For a stud like Irving I'd trade away a pick with no problem. I can't wait to see this kid in a Celts uniform.

You can hate the trade but the Cs weakened the conference favorite and is now the clear favorites to go to the Finals
Not as sure as you about the phrase "clear favorites."

So this guy Ainge didnt think an elite big (which the team needs more than anything) like george or butler was worth trading the brooklyn pick and key starters for, but trading for a point guard that does the same thing that our best player already does somehow IS worthy of that trade? Thats some logic right there..

Those guys are Bigs? Jesus I really need to catch up on basketball

Please feel free to explain how this deal even has a chance to make Ainge immortal.

If IT's hip turns out to be more serious than we think and if the nets end up being better than we think. I think we gave up too much but I won't act like there's not at least a chance this ends up being a good move in the long run.

Thoroughbred > Ponies

Biggest concern for KI here is chemistry and leadership. Not talent

Kyrie Irving Is Headed to the Boston Celtics says:

From the Celtics’ perspective, the deal not only gets them Irving, but means they don’t have to worry about handing a long-term, lucrative deal to Thomas, who may have already had the best season of his career. With Kyrie in green, Thomas had to be included in the deal, as he would not have accepted a role backing up Kyrie. Even though Thomas hit all the necessary plot points this summer to gain the favor of Boston fans everywhere, trading him was a no-brainer when it meant that Boston would get Irving, who will now slot in alongside Gordon Hayward and Al Horford to create a very competent big three, in addition to glue guys Marcus Smart and Marcus Morris, as well as young guns Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.

Pretty good synopsis.

In any case, I'm damn glad Danny waited till the day AFTER the eclipse to make this trade! :D

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back