PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

7 > 4

Also:
10 > 4

TB12 never lost a Divisional Game 49-3 like Joe did.

Oh, and:

5 > 3

Ah, here we go again with the comparison of QBs across eras. You can't do it when it comes to Brady vs Mahomes (according to you), but when it comes to Brady vs Montana all bets are off. Whatever argument it takes so that Tommy wins.

And Brady never won a super bowl 55-10 like Joe did. Your point? Montana never choked a super bowl away with the game on the line. Brady did so 3 times. He had the ball last in SB 42 and 46 and fumbled the game away with 2 mins left vs the Eagles. You're not going to win this.

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Ah, here we go again with the comparison of QBs across eras. You can't do it when it comes to Brady vs Mahomes (according to you), but when it comes to Brady vs Montana all bets are off. Whatever argument it takes so that Tommy wins.

And Brady never won a super bowl 55-10 like Joe did. Your point? Montana never choked a super bowl away with the game on the line. Brady did so 3 times. He had the ball last in SB 42 and 46 and fumbled the game away with 2 mins left vs the Eagles. You're not going to win this.
To be fair Brady had the worst coaching of the three

To be fair Brady had the worst coaching of the three

well, one (and his QB) needed Ernie Adams to win his first three titles but I won't get into that here...

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
What we are saying about different eras relates to passing stats. Those stats are up league-wide since 2004. Look it up.

Wins is a whole different thing.

The point is that Joe made it to less Super Bowls. That's not a plus.

Tom put the team ahead in both SB 42 with a little over 2 minutes to play. A helmet catch and stupid jailhouse blitz later they were down 4 with 35 seconds to go.

In SB 46 he put the team ahead and then a Welker drop and Manningham catch later they were down 4 with just over a minute.

If the D could get a stop either time its not even a discussion.

Against the Eagles he put up 505 yards. That loss is on the defense...and the coach.

well, one (and his QB) needed Ernie Adams to win his first three titles but I won't get into that here...
Agree, BB needed a lot to look competent

What we are saying about different eras relates to passing stats. Those stats are up league-wide since 2004. Look it up.

Wins is a whole different thing.

The point is that Joe made it to less Super Bowls. That's not a plus.

Tom put the team ahead in both SB 42 with a little over 2 minutes to play. A helmet catch and stupid jailhouse blitz later they were down 4 with 35 seconds to go.

In SB 46 he put the team ahead and then a Welker drop and Manningham catch later they were down 4 with just over a minute.

If the D could get a stop either time its not even a discussion.

Against the Eagles he put up 505 yards. That loss is on the defense...and the coach.
Montana lol. 7 gold medals and 3 silvers beats 4 gold medals and 0 silvers anyday. All the more impressive in Brady's era because the league is designed for parity. That was not true in Montana's day you could easily keep powerhouse teams around for years.

Yes against the Giants Brady put his team in position to win twice and BB's defense let the team down. Both times. Makes you wonder whether Bill's defensive genius is overstated. Maybe it was genius in a past era of the NFL but today? 7 drives, 7 TD allowed in a playoff game? Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
100%.

If Brady was off in that game even just a little the Patriots lose by 50. Or worse.

Last edited:
Maybe Kermit and his team should have done that. Can't even beat the GOAT once when it mattered. That's a shame it could have been a legit rivalry but as they say, a nail isn't a rival to the hammer.

Montana lol. 7 gold medals and 3 silvers beats 4 gold medals and 0 silvers anyday. All the more impressive in Brady's era because the league is designed for parity. That was not true in Montana's day you could easily keep powerhouse teams around for years.

Yes against the Giants Brady put his team in position to win twice and BB's defense let the team down. Both times. Makes you wonder whether Bill's defensive genius is overstated. Maybe it was genius in a past era of the NFL but today? 7 drives, 7 TD allowed in a playoff game? Are you kidding me?

100%.

If Brady was off in that game even just a little the Patriots lose by 50. Or worse.

And Tommy had the ball last in all 3 super bowls.

SB 42: 28 seconds left and 3 TOs to get the team in FG range. FAIL. Mahomes has done this a couple times with little time left on the clock - why couldn't Tommy? No arm strength?

SB 46: 54 seconds left and 1 TO and couldn't get the ball into the end zone. Again, probably his lack of arm strength contributed to this.

SB 52: 2:04 left and Tommy fumbles the super bowl away

Like I said, he's the NFL's version of Lebron James.

Maybe Kermit and his team should have done that. Can't even beat the GOAT once when it mattered. That's a shame it could have been a legit rivalry but as they say, a nail isn't a rival to the hammer.

In 15 years when Mahomes has destroyed everything Brady has done, no one will care about Brady beating Mahomes when he was a young QB. Besides, head-to-head, Brady couldn't even beat the other great QB of his era, Peyton Manning. He'll always be owned by peyton when it mattered the most in AFC title games, which is a sad thing.

Last edited:
In 15 years when Mahomes has destroyed everything Brady has done, no one will care about Brady beating Mahomes when he was a young QB. Besides, head-to-head, Brady couldn't even beat the other great QB of his era, Peyton Manning. He'll always be owned by peyton when it mattered the most in AFC title games, which is a sad thing.
Sure they'll care. If Mahomes is still playing at an elite level by then the comparison will be made. And people will remember Kermit has never beaten the greatest QB of all time when it mattered, and therefore he'll never be GOAT. That's a shame. Maybe he should have played better yes?

Last edited:

Joe Montana played in a day and age where the real Super Bowl was the NFCCG, and that other game they played 2 weeks later was little more than a glorified exhibition game resulting in the beat down of whatever jabroni came out of the AFC.

Montana lost his share of playoff games, and looked quite atrocious in more than one. I remember one game where Jim Burt knocked Montana into the 21st Century.... IIRC the play was a pick 6

gmuvbqffxir1zanxybuo.jpg

SB 42: 28 seconds left and 3 TOs to get the team in FG range. FAIL. Mahomes has done this a couple times with little time left on the clock - why couldn't Tommy? No arm strength?

SB 46: 54 seconds left and 1 TO and couldn't get the ball into the end zone. Again, probably his lack of arm strength contributed to this.

Laugh my ass off. I keep seeing notices that an " ignored member" has posted something. So the curiosity got the best of me and I click the "show ignored content" line. Holy **** it's TommyBrady12 who has changed his name yet again. Whole new name, same old ****. Instead now he takes on the number of his hero(shocker, we already knew that before the name change) who has never been a New England Patriot and who stands in front of us as one if the biggest obstacles to get past for our own success. You haven't had ANYTHING new to say in 4 years. You are not a Patriots fan. Go away.

Brady has 7 superbowl wins....He beat your hero twice in the postseason including a blowout in a superbowl your boy could not even get a single td, and you have the balls to say Brady is the lebron james of the NFL? LMAO. Stay in the shallow end troll, Mahomes is not even in the same universe. Mahomes could not even get his team into the endzone once!!! lol. You bashed Brady for not being able to go 80 yards in 50 seconds with no timeouts, but Mahomes not able to get into the redzone is fine.

By the way, this is that Idiot MAC, he changed his name again.

Mahomes is the Greates Chiefs QB of All Time.

That's it, Chief.

Give it a minute. And by a minute I mean another 15 years.

The rule isn't "hey he has 2 rings now, maybe he's the GOAT."

He's going into his 6th season and he already had a two-year stretch without a ring after winning one, and he's won a total of two. Brady didn't go multiple consecutive seasons without a ring until he had won three in four years.

So far, your boy is behind pace.

Tick Tock, Pat.

I enjoy watching great athletes of all sports ... even our rivals (not against us).
But no need to root for them ... it's not like they need my help at all.
Mahomes is special ... could go down as a great ... time will tell.
We got to enjoy the GOAT ... doubt the NFL will see that again.

I'm rooting for Mahomes .... to have a downward spiraling career.

F Mahomes, his wife and his d-bag brother.

You can never root for Mahomes. You can never root for the Steelers or San Fran in the Super Bowl. There’s a lot of ins and outs now.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back