PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we root for Mahomes now?

Let's see who has played better in the biggest game:

View attachment 50781

View attachment 50783

Mahomes has faced better defenses in the Super Bowl than Brady ever did. The best defense Brady faced was the 2014 Seahawks, which was no where near as great as the 2013 Seahawks due to injuries to Sherman, Jeremy Lane, and Cliff Avril. And Timmy threw 2 picks in that game. Again, you keep comparing Brady's entire career to Mahomes' 5 years as starter. Let's see where Mahomes is at in 15 years. Through the first 6 years of Mahomes' career, he is doing just fine vis a vis Brady.

Whenever I bring up Montana's superior performance to Brady in the Super Bowls, isn't that what you say? That Montana faced bad defenses? So I'll do the same here.

Mahomes has faced better defenses in the Super Bowl than Brady ever did. The best defense Brady faced was the 2014 Seahawks, which was no where near as great as the 2013 Seahawks due to injuries. And Timmy threw 2 picks in that game. Again, you keep comparing Brady's entire career to Mahomes' 5 years as starter. Let's see where Mahomes is at in 15 years. So far so good.
TB 12
St. Louis: Ranked 3 in yards, 7 in points (#9 in sacks) Win
Carolina: Ranked 8 in yards, 10 in points (#7 in sacks) Win
Philly: Ranked 10 in yards, 2 in points (#2 in sacks) Win
Giants: Ranked 7 in yards, 17 in points (#1 in sacks) Loss
Giants 2: Ranked 6 in yards, 25 in points (#4 in sacks) Loss
Seahawks: Ranked 1 in yards, 1 in points (#20 in sacks) Win
Falcons: Ranked 25 in yards, 27 in points (#18 in sacks) Win
Philly 2: Ranked 4 in yards, 4 in points (#16 in sacks) Loss (threw for 500 yards)
LA: Ranked 19 in yards, 20 in points (#15 in sacks) Win
KC: Ranked 16 in yards, 10 in points (#19 in sacks) Win

Kermit
SF: 2 in yards, 8 in points (#6 in sacks) Win
TB: 6 in yards, 8 in points (#5 in sacks) Loss (no TDs)
Philly: 3 in yards, 8 in points (#1 in sacks) Win (It's odd that they were unable to get any pressure in the SB... :whistle: )

TB 12 INT % in SB = 1.4
Kermit INT % in SB = 3.4

TB 12 Win % in SB: 70
Kermit Win % in SB: 66.7

TB 12
St. Louis: Ranked 3 in yards, 7 in points (#9 in sacks) Win
Carolina: Ranked 8 in yards, 10 in points (#7 in sacks) Win
Philly: Ranked 10 in yards, 2 in points (#2 in sacks) Win
Giants: Ranked 7 in yards, 17 in points (#1 in sacks) Loss
Giants 2: Ranked 6 in yards, 25 in points (#4 in sacks) Loss
Seahawks: Ranked 1 in yards, 1 in points (#20 in sacks) Win
Falcons: Ranked 25 in yards, 27 in points (#18 in sacks) Win
Philly 2: Ranked 4 in yards, 4 in points (#16 in sacks) Loss (threw for 500 yards)
LA: Ranked 19 in yards, 20 in points (#15 in sacks) Win
KC: Ranked 16 in yards, 10 in points (#19 in sacks) Win

Kermit
SF: 2 in yards, 8 in points (#6 in sacks) Win
TB: 6 in yards, 8 in points (#5 in sacks) Loss (no TDs)
Philly: 3 in yards, 8 in points (#1 in sacks) Win (It's odd that they were unable to get any pressure in the SB... :whistle: )

TB 12 INT % in SB = 1.4
Kermit INT % in SB = 3.4

TB 12 Win % in SB: 70
Kermit Win % in SB: 66.7

Mahomes is just getting started, my friend. Brady has had plenty of stinkers too in the Super Bowl stats wise - SB 36, 42, 46, and 53. That's nearly half of all super bowls he played in. You can even argue SB 39 he wasn't great.

Mahomes is just getting started, my friend. Brady has had plenty of stinkers too in the Super Bowl stats wise - SB 36, 42, 46, and 53. That's nearly half of all super bowls he played in. You can even argue SB 39 he wasn't great.
no you couldnt

Dont know what your standard of great is, but yikes

He was good in that game, but not great. He fumbled the ball. SB 39 was more a defensive win than anything else, forcing McNabb into 3 INTs.

He was good in that game, but not great. He fumbled the ball. SB 39 was more a defensive win than anything else, forcing McNabb into 3 INTs.
This is like saying that Mahomes wasnt great in the SB against Philly this year. Are you willing to say that?

This is like saying that Mahomes wasnt great in the SB against Philly this year. Are you willing to say that?

No it's not. Brady fumbled the ball in a close contest in SB 39. Mahomes did not in SB 57. In fact, Mahomes had a 131 QB rating, which is way higher than any Super Bowl Brady played in as a Patriot and better than his SB 55 rating as a Buc.

Last edited:
I guess you are admitting that Mahomes is the better quarterback. Why else would you be hoping that he doesn't play in as many games as Brady? You know what's going to happen to Timmy's records otherwise. If the game is on the line I'm taking Mahomes.
So do I… but not in the way you think

Clutch…

No it's not. Brady fumbled the ball in a close contest in SB 39. Mahomes did not in SB 57. In fact, Mahomes had a 131 QB rating, which is way higher than any Super Bowl Brady played in as a Patriot and better than his SB 55 rating as a Buc.
Still 0-2 against the greatest QB of all time in games that matter. :(

Mahomes first SB against SF he had a rating of 78.1.
His second SB he had a rating of 52.3.

That's 2 out of 3 below 80.

Tom has 1 out of 10 below 80.

Mahomes first SB against SF he had a rating of 78.1.
His second SB he had a rating of 52.3.

That's 2 out of 3 below 80.

Tom has 1 out of 10 below 80.

and Brady has zero in the top 10 of all time (while Mahomes has one)...your point? Funny that the so-called GOAT can't put on a top 10 all time QB performance in the Super Bowl and only has 3 regular season MVP awards...there's a reason why I call him the Lebron James of the NFL.

Are we ready to say Montana is the greatest super bowl QB ever with his average QB rating of 128? I'm sure you'll think of an excuse in favor of Brady...I'll just wait.

Last edited:
So you throw out Bradys stats and dont care about context when in comes to Mahomes? 2/3 Mahomes TDs were throws that anybody could make, drawn up by a genius coach. So your argument is essentially that 110 passer rating is not great. Cant use context for one guy and numbers for the other.

and Brad7 has zero in the top 10 of all time (while Mahomes has one)...your point? Funny that the so-called GOAT can't put on a top 10 all time QB performance in the Super Bowl and only has 3 regular season MVP awards...there's a reason why I call him the Lebron James of the NFL.

Are we ready to say Montana is the greatest super bowl QB ever with his average QB rating of 128? I'm sure you'll think of an excuse in favor of Brady...I'll just wait.
Tom owns nearly every other Super Bowl record:

Yards in a game: 505 (also holds the number two slot at 466)
Completions: 43 (also holds the number two slot at 37)

Tom owns nearly every other Super Bowl record:

Yards in a game: 505 (also holds the number two slot at 466)
Completions: 43 (also holds the number two slot at 37)

So are we going to talk about Brady playing in an easier era than Montana, since you brought it up when it comes to Mahomes vs Brady? Or nah?

Last edited:
So are we going to talk about Brady playing in an easier era than Montana, since you brought it up when it comes to Mahomes vs Brady? Or nah?
7 > 4

Also:
10 > 4

TB12 never lost a Divisional Game 49-3 like Joe did.

Oh, and:

5 > 3

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore