PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Ravens be beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically go against everything Bill has ever believed in?:bricks:

I don't know, watched the Bills game and seeing them moved the ball down field and the D couldn't stopped it...This Raven offense is going to tear them apart if they standing around waiting for it.

flacco, i dont see what the big deal is about him. To me, he's not good. he makes decent plays here and there but he is so far from good.

he's our key to win this game. The offense will move the ball, this we all know. if we can pressure flacco a little, rattle him up a bit, make him toss it up, our young but "fast" defense will pick him off.

Rice will always be a problem, we have to try and stop the run.

Last edited:
We own them just like we own Denver and Kansas city. We beat them in Indy and in Baltimore. I think even with all of the injuries we have now we could beat the Ravens. Now San Diego, that is a different story. The Texans and Jaguars give us fits, with the Colts coming out on top 80 percent of the time. The Broncos, the New Jets seem to have your team's number. The Ravens beat your team in Foxboro, last year during the post season. We crushed them. I would not be so smug my friend.

Of course the Ravens can be beat. The New England Patriots will do so on October 17th.

the pats are going no huddle for a good portion of the remainder of the season.......or at least quick counts.

Ray Rice does his damage running left. He is under 4 YPC going anywhere else. He only has two touchdowns and 8 redzone carries. McGehee runs better going right but runs left about 50% of the time and right only 25% of the time.

The Ravens run pass split reverses in the redzone: 57-43% run-to-pass in the redzone; 54-46% pass-to-run elsewhere. Those are attempts though. Flacco is only 7 for 20 after the 20. But he is very judicious throwing 3 TDs and zero INTs. It appears that Flacco looks to throw deep after crossing the classic Bill Walsh location, the 30 yard line.

The Browns stopped the run and got killed in the air. Denver had the reverse happen by having no answer on the ground but holding Flacco down. I think we'll have to pick off Flacco while trying to stop the run. He isn't all that good but neither is our defense.

Last edited:
Absolutely not, we should strongly consider just forfeiting this week and moving onto the next. The Ravens are the greatest team of all time.

This sounds like the best idea.

I am optomistic. Very.

The O is going to give the Ratbirds fits. Quick counts, short drops and quick releases into the void behind the LB's. This will force the Ratbirds to change their coverage assignments. At which point the Law Firm will get his yards, forcing the LB's back up, just to be victimized by PA. Long controlled drives, killing time and wearing their D down.

This will negate Rice's effectiveness before he even gets to touch the ball.. or touch the ball again.

Defensively, with time being an issue, Flacco will be forced to perform. The bright indications I had last week in Miami tell me that this young D is finally getting "it" and will play disiplined ball, waiting for that mistake...

I truly am optomistic.

??????????????

No....that is why BB has forfeited the game and the pats are starting to prepare for their NEXT opponent......Balt just too tough this year....why subject the team to that kind of potential humiliation and mental trauma. Besides, someone could get injured.......better to just let this game slide by...........

There are no elite teams right now.

The Ravens, Steelers, and the Jets are the best teams in the AFC but they can all be beat.

This is a weird question considering the spread is the Patriots favored by three, and up until last season, the Pats had owned Baltimore.

Flacco is not good but he'll get his yards against our defense. The game will come down to red zone performance. A big test for the Patriots post-Moss.

As a die hard Ravens fan, I find this thread amusing...
We still owe the Pats an awful lot of whoopings to even the score. You guys have owned us over the years.

But that said, a lot has changed over the last few years as well...

I think we all know what this game will boil down to:

1. Pats HAVE to stop us from running up and down the field at will, while containing Boldin and company at the same time

2. Baltimore HAS to force a couple turnovers and keep Brady off the field as long as possible

One thing that I do like about our chances is that Baltimore has made a high priority of playing disciplined football. Penalties have cost us too many games over the past few years, and we finally addressed that.
And since we have to play the Pats this year, I'm also a fan of the Moss trade :rocker:

* Flacco 4-10, 34 yds, 0 tds
* Rice 22 car, 159 yds, 2 tds
Ravens win 33-14

Last game the Patriots played versus the Ravens...yeah, I'm real freakin' worried about Joe Blow Flacco...:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST