PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Ravens be beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB can scheme all he wants to stop the run, but when the Ravens' o-line targets one of our DE's and blows them 2-3 yards off the LOS each play, then scheme doesn't really matter. That's what they did to Jarvis Green last year, and that's what they'll try to do against Mike Wright this year. Maybe Brace and Warren will be able to hold their own. If they can't, Baltimore will have 200+ yards rushing and a time of possession north of 35 minutes.

??????????????

QB - Edge Patriots
TE - Edge Patriots
O Line - Even
WR - Edge Ravens
RB - Edge Ravens

Secondary - Even
D Line - Edge Ravens
LB - Edge Ravens

Special Teams - Edge Patriots

Coaching - Edge Patriots

Final tally - Ravens 4 - Patriots - 4 with two categories even

Current Stats
Offense
Pats - #1, 32.8 PPG
Ravens - tied for 18th, 18.4 PPG

Defense
Pats - 26th, 24.0 PPG
Ravens - 4th, 14.4 PPG

As usual, if Brady plays a superior game the Patriots will win. Huge game for the Patriots.

Predicated Score - Patriots 56 - Ravens 3

I don't think close games vs. division rivals really show how good/bad a team is. The Dolphins can be 3-9 and we'd still have a tough game against them.
The Bills are one of the worst teams in football and they took us to the wire in a close shoot out.

Can the Ravens be beaten, but they are one of the most complete teams we will face this year.

You make a good point. Division games should probably be kept in their own separate category, they tend to be pretty wacky. But still, I haven't really seen anything out of the Ravens that makes me think they're some unstoppable machine. Their secondary is suspect without Reed, and Flacco seems inconsistent.

Like I said, they're a good team, and can present problems on either side of the ball. But the question was "Can they be beat", and it just seems like a silly question to ask.

Re: Can the Ravens be beat?........YES! :)

Do I dare say the obvious... All I have been hearing all week is "ball control" and how this team wants to go back to its roots on offense..

I think this will be a great test to our new look offense. A bye week, and coming off a superb win there is NO reason for this team not to execute unless the program is flawed..

So with that I do believe in it, and in BB and in Brady. Control the clock in this game and keep our defense off the field, focus on stopping the run when on the field. Flaco will most definitely have success throwing but force him to throw and eventually there will be some mistakes by them and some plays made us. Let our special teams give us good field position and pin them back and I think we can win this game methodically

Any team can be beat on any Sunday. This upcoming Sunday is just as good as any for them to be beat....

I looked at a few things. ESPN now has target data for receivers. Order of targets from high to low:

Boldin
Heap
Mason
Rice
Housh
Big Mac
****son
Lil Mac
Pitta

Notes: Boldin has a 90% catch rate. I think that means screens or other catches at LOS. Mason and Heap have about equal production. You can't cover Rice with these other weapons. McGahee is not a receiving threat. He has 40 carries but only 2 targets. McClain has 13 carries and 7 targets. I think this means that when MGehee is in the game the Ravens are running the ball.

I think stopping their offense will come down to Chung and Meriweather playing well.

You can throw on the ravens but i wonder who the ravens will be scared of in this wrs corps.I would be shocked if we beat the ravens although the team should have extra motivation after last year's beatdown

Just lock them out of the stadium on Sunday. It's only way the Pats won't lose this weekend.

[/sarcasm] <------ Can't believe I need to add this, but I do. :rolleyes:

This young defense need to react to the ball faster and not stand around waiting for it come to them. As young as they are now, they need to blitzing like the what Jets does.

This young defense need to react to the ball faster and not stand around waiting for it come to them. As young as they are now, they need to blitzing like the what Jets does.

So basically go against everything Bill has ever believed in?:bricks:

Don't be surprised if they go 4-3 in this game with all bigs in 4 man line. Wilfork Warren Brace Pryor- Wright to come in on 3rd and long and then maybe 3-5.

Of course the Ravens can be beat. The question is whether their offense of last weekend was the real thing or did they just play a Broncos defense that is so depleted that even I could run for 80-90 yards since Ray Rice has been so-so all year and had a typical 2009 type game on Sunday. Flacco still struggles though.

Flacco could have a career day against us thats for sure.They have been very impressive.This could be another signature win for us if we can pulled it out.

Sure they can. Their offense is average until their QB proves otherwise. Their DBs are severely below average until Ed Reed returns.

Flacco could have a career day against us thats for sure.They have been very impressive.This could be another signature win for us if we can pulled it out.

Flacco hasn't been all that impressive this year. The Broncos defense may be as bad or worse than the Pats with all their injuries and Flacco still didn't play all that well. Ray Rice on the other hand.

Just lock them out of the stadium on Sunday. It's only way the Pats won't lose this weekend.

[/sarcasm] <------ Can't believe I need to add this, but I do. :rolleyes:
Yes, you absolutely needed to use that.

You see, even though YOU know what you meant, the internet is a bad place to expect mind-reading to occur.

Yes, you absolutely needed to use that.

You see, even though YOU know what you meant, the internet is a bad place to expect rational discourse.

Fixed it. Some people in here have a nice ****tail of dimness and hyperbole. The idea that the Pats have no chance to win should be ludicrous on its face to any rational person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST