PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

The bottom line is that we aren’t getting a top QB in the draft, if we do anything at all. We aren’t getting one at top 15. If we don’t end up with Jimmy, which looks unlikely, this is a massive disaster. There’s no way around it. I like Cam but he is washed and can’t pass the ball.

Im sorry but if Cam is our starting QB on week 1 you are legitimately asking whether Belichick should still be here anymore. then again the Kraft’s must’ve signed onto this.

Last edited:
I dont get what is wrong with this Cam deal.. I didn't want Jimmy G at 20 mill or whatever, injuries and all.. So they draft a QB, keep one of the other two guys plus Cam and that's an overall bargain $$ at the total QB position. Its not like there are other great options...

I think Cam is the starter, period.
A one-year contract for a returning player where the majority of the contract consists of NLTBE incentives does not scream "starter, period."

In terms of job security, this is a lot closer to the deal Ryan Allen signed in 2019 than the one Gostkowski signed in 2010.

This is one of the weirdest mischaracterizations of BB I have seen in a while. BB the GM doesn't give a **** about anything but value, he is infamously ruthless and doesn't care about optics or how popular a decision makes him.

I can't even begin to understand where you are coming from here..

Nobody knows that because he was not a FA and the legal tampering period has not begun yet. This is just you speculating backwards based on a team friendly extension AT BACK UP QB MONEY.
FIXED IT.

If history repeats itself Jake Dolegala will knock Stidham off the roster in camp and will get the chance to start when Cam gets hurt. :D

ZOMG I JUST REALIZED DOLEGALA IS THE NEXT TOM BRADY WE'RE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL I'M CALLING IT DYNASTY BABY AAAAI#$IU#I#$@

It’s a move that had to be made for the present. Hard to bring in Offensive players when Stidham is sitting at #1. Absolutely Cam was not good last year, but he still has some name recognition around the league and may lure in a few guys. Doesn’t stop from finding an upgrade, and trading/cutting him later. Dead cap is workers the risk in my opinion

If nothing else, this thread is great for filling in my 'ignored members' list.

Some truly idiotic takes here, some so idiotic I never want to read them ever again.

For all the times Brady and the Pats have been shorthanded in big games, I give the Chiefs zero sympathy on who wasn't available for them. Tough s*** for them.

Jimmy G and the 9ers also had a nice lead last year with 6 minutes to play and they s*** the bed.
Yeah

In '07, Brady had that high ankle sprain, the team lost its starting right guard at the start of the game, the TEs were all banged up, and the starting CB2 had a lower body injury that limited him a bit.

And, in '11, Brady was completing pass after pass until he got hurt, and then wasn't quite the same for the rest of the game.

So when people cry about the Chiefs OL, I understand it, but can't really muster up any sense of pity about it.

The bottom line is that we aren’t getting a top QB in the draft, if we do anything at all. We aren’t getting one at top 15. If we don’t end up with Jimmy, which looks unlikely, this is a massive disaster. There’s no way around it. I like Cam but he is washed and can’t pass the ball.

Im sorry but if Cam is our starting QB on week 1 you are legitimately asking whether Belichick should still be here anymore. then again the Kraft’s must’ve signed onto this.
So you convinced yourself that if we don't get a player who is already signed to another team then this season is a disaster?

That one's on you.

you have as much a shot at winning the sb with fitz as you do with scammy. i know what i had with scammy with his bottom 5 qb play last year so i'm going to go with fitz since he's shown a propensity to play at a higher level than bottom 5 for multiple teams throughout his career.

What exactly did Cam have to work with?

Brady was doing the same s*** his last year here.

I dont get what is wrong with this Cam deal.. I didn't want Jimmy G at 20 mill or whatever, injuries and all.. So they draft a QB, keep one of the other two guys plus Cam and that's an overall bargain $$ at the total QB position. Its not like there are other great options...
They choose the worst option. There are many other options if they were aggressive. Instead they just bright back the guy who sucked last year because apparently losing is ok now.

They choose the worst option. There are many other options if they were aggressive. Instead they just bright back the guy who sucked last year because apparently losing is ok now.
I am willing to give it to the start of the season.

However, I am starting to waver in my belief of Belichick.

If Cam is actually the 2021 starter I'll start to suspect that Belcihick is suffering from early onset dementia.

I don't have the personal hate for Cam the person that some posters seem to, but in 2020 Cam had a dead arm. He was 100% washed up.

He literally has 0.0 upside.

The Patriots don’t win any Super bowls if it wasn’t for them both and the team as a whole.
I don’t disagree with that but separated one still wins SB and the other don’t and in my opinion it is not trending in the right direction

Meanwhile the freaking Chicago bears are trying to trade for Russell Wilson.
But yeah, Cam, that’s the way to go

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back