PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

I think Bill gets to decide when he is done. I agree, i think Kraft gives him that. I think last year going 7-9 with a front seven made of cheese and no receivers or consistent passing offense plus playing hoyer for two games was actually a reasonable achievement,
so it’s Ok for BB to move on from a 43 yo « declining » QB but not for Kraft to move on from a 70+ « declining » HC/GM?

Bill will never be "fired" but that doesn't mean the decision is entirely his. Kraft will let him retire if he's thinking of moving on from him. Or he'll extend the same courtesy that was granted to Brady, and let him resign if he thinks he can get a job elsewhere (and wants to).

Bill will never be "fired" but that doesn't mean the decision is entirely his. Kraft will let him retire if he's thinking of moving on from him. Or he'll extend the same courtesy that was granted to Brady, and let him resign if he thinks he can get a job elsewhere (and wants to).
Yes. It will be a graceful exit and appear to be Bill's decision.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yes. It will be a graceful exit and appear to be Bill's decision.

And don't get me wrong, I'm of the opinion that BB will do enough to get this team back into playoff contention (Super Bowl contention is dependent on finding the next QB, which isn't a guarantee while he's still here), and will ACTUALLY leave on his terms, likely handing off the team in reasonable shape to whoever is next. But things happen, plans go awry, and to think there's no scenario where Kraft decides he wants to move on first is being naive.

so it’s Ok for BB to move on from a 43 yo « declining » QB but not for Kraft to move on from a 70+ « declining » HC/GM?
I didn't say it was ok for BB to move on from Brady? I'm just saying BB's history of success gives him more time and an element of protection from being sacked. If push does come to shove i think Kraft and BB will probably have discussion and it will be the graceful exit that the above have described.

Stop looking at those damn bingo cards or whatever the hell they are and actually look at the people Bill drafted, where he drafted them, and whom he left on the board...
Stop being butthurt about the binkies, step back and look at the all the picks, and you see a team that is above-average at drafting.

It is kinda funny that last year proved that everything you don't like about him only exists in your head.
Yeah,he dropped that stupid Superman crap celebration in the end zone ....oh,Wait - He didn't -

Yeah,he dropped that stupid Superman crap celebration in the end zone ....oh,Wait - He didn't -

Someone protect the children, Newton celebrates TDs in the endzone. Only "all about me" people would ever do that.
he isn't superman,isn't a super QB anymore and this isn't 2015 - he's washed..period - hopefully Jonnu Smith has a capable QB to throw him the ball

Have a feeling with the moves so far, Bill is looking to spend big on other positions in free agency and then use the draft to target a Rookie QB to sit behind cam newton

I think Cam Newton is your starter next year. Bill would rather spend his cap space on improving other areas of the roster this year. Cam is 3.5million against the cap.

Which, if you get your QB in the draft isn't a bad move. The difference between cam newton at 3.5million and a trubisky at 10-12million could be another piece who is a part of the future.

BB has this job for as long as he wants to coach. Thinking there is a realistic scenario where Kraft fires him is one of the funniest takes you guys keep coming back to.
He could have 5 losing seasons and still have the job.

The idea he could lose the locker room is so absurd it made me laugh for a minute. Do you have more material like that ?

You cultists are really delusional.

No one is firing bill B. The idea that we lost brady, so now we should double the issue and fire Bill makes no sense

Your comparison to Coughlin is so silly that it is difficult to respond to it on a serious level.

Coughlin's outlier seasons were the ones where the Giants actually made the playoffs. Our outlier seasons over the last 20 years have been the ones where we didn't make a Championship game. Coughlin as a Giants coach is closer to Hue Jackson than he is to BB.

BB build this place, its culture and brought six banners. He has a job for as long as he is interested in coaching.

for what he has built the last 20 years...YES!

I think Bill gets to decide when he is done. I agree, i think Kraft gives him that. I think last year going 7-9 with a front seven made of cheese and no receivers or consistent passing offense plus playing hoyer for two games was actually a reasonable achievement,

You laughable, Team Bill fanboy ignorami are delusional, bordering on psychotic; your blind, unfounded worship of him is grotesque.

The Formula, once again:

BB - TB = DL

Bill Belichick minus Tom Brady equals **** Lebeau (without the gravitas of having actually, you know, played the game like Lebeau did).

And the feckin J-E-T-E of all teams b!tch-slapped Little Billy yesterday.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back