PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

Letting Brady play in a different uniform is Bill's biggest mistake. Even bigger considering he had no backup plan.
Yeah Brady to Stidham (that's what it was, Cam didn't show up until later) is not what I'd call a good backup plan.

The optics of seeing Brady walk away IMO would have been very different if that was Lamar Jackson ready to go which they could have had - instead of Pick Six Stidham next in line.

I don't think the odds that the Patriots have a new head coach going into 2022 are zero anymore. Didn't believe it before but with the Cam signing I'm starting to lean this way. Hopefully there are more shoes to drop and this isn't really the plan for 2021.

I don't think the odds that the Patriots have a new head coach going into 2022 are zero anymore. Didn't believe it before but with the Cam signing I'm starting to lean this way. Hopefully there are more shoes to drop and this isn't really the plan for 2021.

BB has this job for as long as he wants to coach. Thinking there is a realistic scenario where Kraft fires him is one of the funniest takes you guys keep coming back to.

BB has this job for as long as he wants to coach. Thinking there is a realistic scenario where Kraft fires him is one of the funniest takes you guys keep coming back to.
Nah. He has 3 years tops to rebuild this team. I mean the Buffalo Bills 3 years ago were us right now - and now look at them. So I don't think that timeframe to rebuild a contender is an unreasonable expectation.

If he loses the locker room or if the team has trouble attracting talent here - I think he's gone sooner than later. I agree that he will not be fired but I can see his exit happening just like Coughlin's did from NY.

Nah. He has 3 years tops to rebuild this team. I mean the Buffalo Bills 3 years ago were us right now - and now look at them. So I don't think that timeframe to rebuild a contender is an unreasonable expectation.

If he loses the locker room or if the team has trouble attracting talent here - I think he's gone sooner than later. I agree that he will not be fired but I can see his exit happening just like Coughlin's did from NY.

He could have 5 losing seasons and still have the job.

The idea he could lose the locker room is so absurd it made me laugh for a minute. Do you have more material like that ?

You cultists are really delusional.

No one is firing bill B. The idea that we lost brady, so now we should double the issue and fire Bill makes no sense

The idea he could lose the locker room is so absurd it made me laugh for a minute. Do you have more material like that ?

Would you still be happy with him?

I agree with you. If 2021 looks exactly like 2020, Kraft should part ways with BB. What are we losing if it happens? 3 years of Bill? 5 max? I would feel different if Bill would 10-15 more years but it’s not the case. Bill is not the only coach in the world who can bring us a winning season and playoffs appearance in the next 5 years. Bill love to get rid of player a year early rather than a year to late. I don’t see why Kraft couldn’t do the same with Bill.

the fact is that Bill’s career shows that without Brady is no better than other HC/GM duo.

I’m at a point where I think we need a new vision, a new approach and new blood. In my opinion Bill has some trouble adjusting to the new fast modern NFL the last few years. His draft shows it.

That sounds just like what Giants fans said about Coughlin - and then that's actually what happened. He's very much like Bill. Just sayin.

BB will be gone if the Pats aren't showing any progress in the rebuild over the next couple of years. No doubt about it.

No one is firing bill B. The idea that we lost brady, so now we should double the issue and fire Bill makes no sense
If Bill keeps drafting his pet projects and letting his friends instead of scouts have any say into how this team is built leading to more N'Keal Harry debacles - I have no doubt the Pats will move on.

I used to separate the coach from the GM. Not doing that anymore. You can't have one without the other. Bill will not agree to be coach only.

That sounds just like what Giants fans said about Coughlin - and then that's actually what happened. He's very much like Bill. Just sayin.

BB will be gone if the Pats aren't showing any progress in the rebuild over the next couple of years. No doubt about it.

Your comparison to Coughlin is so silly that it is difficult to respond to it on a serious level.

Coughlin's outlier seasons were the ones where the Giants actually made the playoffs. Our outlier seasons over the last 20 years have been the ones where we didn't make a Championship game. Coughlin as a Giants coach is closer to Hue Jackson than he is to BB.

BB build this place, its culture and brought six banners. He has a job for as long as he is interested in coaching.

Would you still be happy with him

BB build this place, its culture and brought six banners. He has a job for as long as he is interested in coaching.
Tom Brady was the culture. Where was the culture in Cleveland and before Brady arrived? Where is the culture now? Oh yeah in TB.

Lol 5 losing seasons and Kraft just lets him hang around? No reason question the guy in his mid 70's who had 5 bad seasons in a row?

I can see Bill coaching into his 80s and promoting his BB12 Method. LMAO

Bill-Belichick-Sub-2-1-685x1024.jpg

I think Bill gets to decide when he is done. I agree, i think Kraft gives him that. I think last year going 7-9 with a front seven made of cheese and no receivers or consistent passing offense plus playing hoyer for two games was actually a reasonable achievement,

I think Bill gets to decide when he is done. I agree, i think Kraft gives him that. I think last year going 7-9 with a front seven made of cheese and no receivers or consistent passing offense plus playing hoyer for two games was actually a reasonable achievement,
No one gets to decide when they are done. Sports is a production business with billions of dollars tied to winning.

Deleted

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back