PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bucs at Dolphins game moved to week 11 due to Hurricane Irma; brutal schedule for Dolphins

Persuade her.
I've tried numerous times. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. Doesn't matter anyway. If she's not out by this afternoon and on her way up here, she needs to just stay. The highways are at an absolute gridlock in south Florida right now.

That's what most parents do when they get older...they kid you....act like children. Good luck to your mom (hope she changes her mind in the next 24 hrs) and your nerves. Tell her cats really can't swim...
LOL, I told her that if she dies in the storm, the cat will just jump over her body and leave. Cats have no loyalty except to food.

I've tried numerous times. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink it. Doesn't matter anyway. If she's not out by this afternoon and on her way up here, she needs to just stay. The highways are at an absolute gridlock in south Florida right now.
Good luck to her.

My mom is staying in West Palm, which is going to be in the northern part of the eye... in a two bedroom condo... on the bottom floor... because she doesn't want to traumatize her cat by putting him in a cat carrier and bringing him up.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

That's both sad and scary.

I have an otherwise highly-intelligent, still-close friend from high school who decided to ride out Andrew in her condo in southwestern Miami for the sake of not trying to transport her two cats.

They were extremely lucky. They all survived - after she huddled under a mattress in the bathtub with the cats in their carriers for about nine straight hours. For much of that time, she couldn't hear the shrieking of the cats over the roar of the wind and the groaning of the bones of the structure. And, not be crude, but all three had to relieve themselves in place more than once during that time.

When she finally felt safe to emerge, sections of the roof over the bedrooms and living room were gone and everything was soaked and strewn about. And a couple of her neighbors were missing.

Within a week, she had packed up everything she could salvage and moved back to Michigan permanently. The cats never really got over the terror, and my friend still has the occasional nightmare about it.

There's still time for her to flee and I strongly urge her to do so, as I'm sure you are.

Today is finish boarding up day and move inside all possible projectiles (grill, pool furniture, etc.)

Tomorrow is head north day. Hopefully gridlock allows us to get to Orlando tomorrow night, then to Georgia on Saturday. We are giving ourselves a whole day for a normally two hour drive to Orlando tomorrow, then a whole day for a normally six hour drive to mid-Georgia. Carrying extra gas, just in case.

Kontra, are gas stations in Jacksonville open?

Today is finish boarding up day and move inside all possible projectiles (grill, pool furniture, etc.)

Tomorrow is head north day. Hopefully gridlock allows us to get to Orlando tomorrow night, then to Georgia on Saturday. We are giving ourselves a whole day for a normally two hour drive to Orlando tomorrow, then a whole day for a normally six hour drive to mid-Georgia. Carrying extra gas, just in case.

Extremely limited. People are literally waiting in the parking lot for the tankers to get in and refill them in my neighborhood. Which is pathetic because this was all caused by the news. For us, Irma is projecting to be like Matthew. A three and offshore when it passes by. Not that there isn't a threat, but it's not the end of the world in North Florida. But the alarmist local news stations were effective in whipping everyone up into a panic.

My mom is staying in West Palm, which is going to be in the northern part of the eye... in a two bedroom condo... on the bottom floor... because she doesn't want to traumatize her cat by putting him in a cat carrier and bringing him up.

My in-laws are in Naples. Also won't leave. I know how you feel. Here's hoping something happens and this doesn't turn out as bad as it looks like it could.

My in-laws are in Naples. Also won't leave. I know how you feel. Here's hoping something happens and this doesn't turn out as bad as it looks like it could.

Hopefully it keeps moving East. If it makes landfall, this could be worse than Andrew was for those in South Florida.

By the way, download the Action News Jax app. Free of charge. They should have info on gas when you get up here.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back