PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots/Brady record going to Miami for season sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to rain on the parade, but this game has made me anxious for months. The first thing I look for when the schedule comes out is if the Patriots play in Miami first.

When winning the first game at home, they are 1-6 in Miami in the rematch. What’s really strange is that most of these Dolphins teams haven’t even been good and are often essentially out of playoff contention. I just can’t figure out why Brady and the coaching staff consistently play their absolute worst time after time, especially since they’ve usually manhandled the Dolphins early season at Gillette. Is it the humidity? What is the reason and how can the Patriots reverse this? Because this is a loss they really can’t afford. If they lose to a team like Pittsburgh, so be it. But they’ve now beaten every good team they’ve faced and lost to the Jaguars, Lions, and Titans, three teams that are below average, all on the road.

2004: Dolphins 29, Patriots 28
2006: Dolphins 20, Patriots 0 (stolen audio game)
2009: Dolphins 22, Patriots 21
2013: Dolphins 24, Patriots 20
2015: Dolphins 20, Patriots 10
2016: Patriots 35, Dolphins 14 (Matt Moore)
2017: Dolphins 27, Patriots 20

Its going to be a weird game. On the road where the Pats have struggled this season, in Miami, Miami has playoff contention to play for, and the game is sandwiched in between two huge games. I expect a lot of uncharacteristic self-inflicted errors and a tight contest. Just get out of there with the dub. Anything else is gravy.

I dug into it a few weeks ago, and I think a lot of it is just a coincidence that they play in Miami when their personnel is at its worst in a given season. 2013 (ACL) and 2017 (suspension) were both games where they had to adjust for no Gronk all within a week. 2015 was when the tackles, RBs, and WRs were all hurt. 2009 and 2017 are two of the few games in Brady’s career where he was clearly limited by an injury.

It doesn’t look like health should be any concern this week.

I promise not to attend. That will help, since I was at the last three losses in Miami and at the loss in Jacksonville.

Wait.... maybe I should start a "Go Fund Me" to keep me from going

I promise not to attend. That will help, since I was at the last three losses in Miami and at the loss in Jacksonville.

You BETTER stay away, or I'll sic one of @SammyBlueCat 's proteges on you. He'll stop you from attending with his cat-like quickness... or, quite frankly...

vDuxti0.gif

...by any and all means necessary. ;)

It's definitely one of those inexplainable things.

After all, earlier last week someone rattled off some stats to show just how dominant the Pats are in the division. It makes sense when you combine just how good the Pats are with how awful our division rivals have been....but......

BUT even with the Dolphins fielding many bad teams, Brady is a career 7-9 in Miami....go figure.

OMG...Eagle and Fouts are calling this game !!!!!

Not trying to rain on the parade, but this game has made me anxious for months. The first thing I look for when the schedule comes out is if the Patriots play in Miami first.

When winning the first game at home, they are 1-6 in Miami in the rematch. What’s really strange is that most of these Dolphins teams haven’t even been good and are often essentially out of playoff contention. I just can’t figure out why Brady and the coaching staff consistently play their absolute worst time after time, especially since they’ve usually manhandled the Dolphins early season at Gillette. Is it the humidity? What is the reason and how can the Patriots reverse this? Because this is a loss they really can’t afford. If they lose to a team like Pittsburgh, so be it. But they’ve now beaten every good team they’ve faced and lost to the Jaguars, Lions, and Titans, three teams that are below average, all on the road.

2004: Dolphins 29, Patriots 28
2006: Dolphins 20, Patriots 0 (stolen audio game)
2009: Dolphins 22, Patriots 21
2013: Dolphins 24, Patriots 20
2015: Dolphins 20, Patriots 10
2017: Dolphins 27, Patriots 20

Relax, Division games are not tough.

Get the champagne ready.

You do remember that was a playoff team that year, right? They were coming into that game having won 9 of 10.

im not worried

i usually would be, but we already took care of our stinker for the year w/ the titans (and detriot...and jacksonville haha)

we're all out of stinkers for the rest of the season

You do remember that was a playoff team that year, right? They were coming into that game having won 9 of 10.

Yeah, the Moore thing was probably unnecessary. That 2016 was going to curb stomp the Dolphins no matter who was at QB. Just pointing out, though, that (a) it took a super team playing at its peak, and (b) it was the Dolphins backup quarterback. The Patriots certainly can win in Miami, but I still think it's getting to be beyond a statistical aberration of losing and there's more to it. The very odd thing is that Miami isn't known for having a big homefield advantage, unlike Denver, and in addition there are lots of other reasons why Denver gave the Patriots trouble (Shannahan, Manning, etc.) The Dolphins have just beaten us there with crap teams and crap QBs for some bizarre reason.

2015 was when the tackles, RBs, and WRs were all hurt.

2015 was most notably the game where BB said he would not let the offense throw a ball until they can show that they can run for a first down. Ninkovich and Perry referenced it again in last week's Ex Pats Podcast.

One of the weirdest games ever.

Ever since they changed the schedule where NFL switched New England going to Miami for the 2nd game between them it has been a tough one. Liked it better when Miami had to come to Foxborough in December.

Tom Brady has lost 44 road games in his career (including playoffs.)

16 have come at Miami and Denver. That makes up 36% of all his road losses.

2015 was most notably the game where BB said he would not let the offense throw a ball until they can show that they can run for a first down. Ninkovich and Perry referenced it again in last week's Ex Pats Podcast.

One of the weirdest games ever.

If that's true, then Bill is an *******. Forget 07, 15 was the year they should regret the most. Pissing away home field like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes