PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns now say pick #4 is for sale. IMO we go for it....but not a QB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Browns have been taking offers for #4 and have been reluctant. Of course if some one came for pick #1 that is a bigger haul.

They now say they will listen.

Pick #4 is worth 1,800 points accord to the Draft Trade Chart.
Our picks #23, #31 and #43 are worth 1,830
To be sure the Browns are inundated with picks.
Perhaps they would spin back a fifth rounder we do not have #150 with a value of 31 points.
1,800 vs. 1,831

The good news for the Browns is 3 first rounders and 4 second rounders.

O.K. We make the deal. Which QB?

Nope Cousins, I am going for Bradley Chubb.

Instead of sitting on the bench for two or three years, he plays day one and brings new youth and talent to our talent limited D line.

If I am going to give up that wampum, rather have a "blue chipper" to start now.

So now:
#4 Chubb

#63 Jewell LB?
#95 Lauletta QB?
#150 P.J. Hall DT?
#198 Trade with Eagles for Kendrick OLB?
#210 Brandon Parker OT
#219 Jordan Thomas TE

Thoughts?
DW Toys

I don’t like giving up picks but I could just about get on board with doing it for Chubb. I very much doubt it will happen. We have the potential for one of the best draft hauls we’ve had since I’ve been following the draft and whilst Chubb is outstanding, we could come out of this draft with at least three future starters. Hard to give that up.

Moot point. It’s going to be the bills who move into this spot offering up both 1s

One if the few times I'd be happy with your crazy trades. Don't like Jewell, but if we came out of the draft with Bradley, I'd be ecstatic.

I could see them moving up to either 4,5, or 6. No-one seems sure if Elway is likely to go QB or not.

Exactly. Denver’s a wild card. I personally think they want to move down but it wouldn’t shock me if they go qb if someone they like is on the board. That’s why it’s smart for BUF to jump ahead so they’re not left out in the cold.

They will give up more than the first twos. Browns should ask for more if they're desperate.

Maybe. They shouldn’t since 12 and 22 is valued close to 200 pts more than 4 but we saw what the jets gave up to get to 3.

Maybe. They shouldn’t since 12 and 22 is valued close to 200 pts more than 4 but we saw what the jets gave up to get to 3.

I would see if i can ask for more. It's the damn bills but you maybe right.

I would not go all in for Chubb like that. He seems like a very good player but I just like this draft in the 30-50s range this year.

There will be CBs in that range who would go in the first round in most years. If by not moving up for Chubb we can get Hurst(DT), Alexander(CB) and Oliver(CB) that would be outstanding. Personally I think those players will be worth way more than Chubb by himself. And it is very possible we can accomplish that with picks 23, 31 and 43.

I think trading that sort of draft capital for any non-QB would be a horrible mistake. That is nothing against Chubb, I think he is a great player, but I don't think any defensive player is worth two 1's and a mid 2nd. The best WR in football was available for two 1's and nobody even came close to it. I know money was involved there but that was also for a proven talent.

Even in the best case scenario, which I think for Chubb would be a pro bowl/fringe all pro like Joey Bosa, that guy doesn't win games on his own. This team has far too many holes on both sides of the ball to give up all of our premium picks for a single player. I also don't think we would get the most out of Chubb based on our scheme. We're not gonna let him loose to get upfield every play like a lot of teams would. He is going to be like every other player and have to play the run first which will certainly bring down his stats. It's no surprise Chandler Jones numbers spiked this season after a year in Arizona. Not that Arizona's scheme is better than ours, we just ask different things out of our players.

When you also consider we haven't used a high pick for a few years, I think it would be incredibly foolish. That is 3 potential starters (two of them on 5 year contracts) for a single player that I don't think we would even get the best out. If you think you can get a legitimate franchise QB, that is a different story, but in any other scenario you stay put and make your whole football team better.

I get having a chub for Chubb but the need for bodies vs that body as well as some of the cost control/cap help of filling multiple slots with cheap first contracts will most likely take precedence. It's more likely they trade down than up when it comes to some of those first 4 picks

I just can’t see that type of trade up. I believe BB was being truthful to Chubb when he told him there’s no way we’ll see him at his pro day.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You don't trade up that high for that many picks for anything but a QB. A DE isn't worth it. This is a deep draft in so many ways, you could add 4 quality players in the first two rounds in a way that could legitimately reshape the core of one side of the ball for years to come.

Unless you have someone whose a QB that you view as the heir apparent to Brady who you are in love with, it's stupid to make that trade.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You don't trade up that high for that many picks for anything but a QB. A DE isn't worth it. This is a deep draft in so many ways, you could add 4 quality players in the first two rounds in a way that could legitimately reshape the core of one side of the ball for years to come.

Unless you have someone whose a QB that you view as the heir apparent to Brady who you are in love with, it's stupid to make that trade.
The whole idea is rather silly, in my opinion. They’ll have to choose from a second/third tier of QB like Rudolph, Lauletta, White, etc and make the best of coaching him up. There’s no reason to sacrifice a few high round draft selections in order to take such a gamble. I also think some are undervaluing what it would take to move up so high based on a universal trading scale that may be outdated and/or irrelevant to trading with the N.England Patriots. For instance, trading both of the first rounders (23 and 31) may only get us to around 14-15, despite what the score suggests. Adding in a second probably isn’t going to get us all the way up to #4.

Selecting players (and possibly trading high into next year) will address both the current and future needs, while obviously letting them have more bites at the apple in an attempt to not only keep the team very competitive, but also prepare for times without Brady and Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back