PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

22018 Quarterback conundrum with interesting trades for fun PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns:

The Browns trade Picks #1 and Pick #4 plus 2019 pick #1 to the Panthers for Cam Newton

The Browns are play-off material immediately with this trade and still have some great picks in this Draft (3 in Round two and two in Round 4). The fans would be all over this. The Browns can extend Cam now with their money room. The Browns have money.

I believe it IS the money for Cam. Team is secondary to him but he will make the Browns better and the stockpile of trades works out. The Browns do have a decent O Line.

Carolina Panthers:

What? The Panthers are tiring of the Cam “me, me, me” antics and 2019 looms as an out year for them. Will they have to up his contract to $35mm to extend him? Their 2018 CAP situation is not the best. They have holes. They might be able to resign Norwell their best OL.

They have options on pick 1 and can opt for RB Saquon Barkley there, and Rosen at 4. FA QB McCarron would be a nice pick up at QB to take pressure off Rosen and with a great Defense and Blue Chip RB, McCarron will succeed.

New York Giants:

Nice to think QB at the number 2 picks but Eli could be on campus for a few more years if you surround him with talent. I think they opt for a blue chipper like DE Chubb, a difference maker, and go for perhaps an under the radar Mason Rudolph in Round Two.

Denver Broncos:

Another trade; The Broncos trade their first Round pick number 5, Emmanuel Sanders and one of their two 4th Round picks to the Dolphins for QB Ryan Tannehill. They really can’t afford Cousins and have too many FAs to resolve.

Miami Dolphins:

Now the Fins can trade Landry. Miami opts for Baker Mayfield. “#GetMeToMiami” with his buddy Kenny Stills. Stills and Sanders would be a decent WR pair.

New York Jets:

Sam Darnold and have a nice day.”Joe Willie” Darnold.

Arizona Cardinals:

Their first round pick To the Eagles for SB MVP Nick Foles who played college ball out there. Great return for Philly. The rich get richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back