PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Bolden signs with Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are really convinced you want someone, you don’t cut them... so, MAYBE they were thinking about re-adding Bolden, but they weren’t that passionate about him.

It’s fine - he contributed to the squad, but this year’s team won’t win or lose based on this move. I hope he has success (but not against NE).

My dad flew out to MN where my brother and I live and took us to the Super Bowl. We sat directly in front of Bolden's wife, father, and two adorable little kids (baby girl only a few months old, all dolled up in Pats gear). We talked to them during warmups and turned around to high five them after every touchdown during the game. His is a very nice family and he's long been one of the group of underrated role players that contribute greatly to the team's success.

Bolden knocking Cliff Avril the **** out with a clean block changed the complexion of that Super Bowl. He'll be missed

I mentioned awhile ago that we had too many rbs and something had to give. Bolden is a great st player and very well rounded. His only true weakness was that he was just as bad as Gilly in short yardage. Seemed like a great dude but we ultimately will not feel his loss. Buried on the rb depth chart and we have st covered between Slater, King, Ebner, Jones, etc.

Good luck to him ... I wish him well ... he was a loyal and dedicated Patriot.
Definitely made the most of the talent that he had and worked hard to carve some roles here.

That being said he looked like he's lost a step this pre season ... sadly that day comes for all of them.

Sucks to lose him, special teams beast (captain I believe) and good fill in RB. Great team player, I bet Belichick is upset about this one.

B.B. has said numerous times that he releases a player knowing that doing so he will likely lose him. Definitely sure he wanted Bolden back but he’s not surprised some team picked him up.

This really sucks. He was versatile and always gave 100 percent. Guys like Bolden and Amendola brought positive intangibles to team chemistry; they're going to make the Dolphins better.

He was the ultimate team guy which is a very underrated aspect by fans. Will miss him and his ST contributions.

Always was surprised why he could not put it together in the offense because he seemed to have quickness, hands and Brady's trust.

Special teams experts. Who replaces Bolden on his special teams assignment?

When you needlessly cut a guy you actually want to keep, in order to bring in crap players, you shouldn't be surprised if that player gets the message that you're willing to dump him for garbage, and you needlessly lose him.

The Patriots outsmarted themselves. They had every intention to bring Bolden back
to play special teams. As soon as he was cut, Miami contacted him. When the Patriots
caught wind of this, they tried to re-sign him but were unsuccessful.

This is certainly one possibility but unless you have much better sources than we do ( i.e. any inside sources at all) you don’t really have any idea what went down. Perhaps you shouldn’t states things as though they are facts.

We needed a wr more than we needed Bolden.
If both wrs work out and contribute it will look genius.
If we tried to resign Bolden after releasing him we didnt play the market right.
He has a better chance to play offensively in Miami and alot of players love south beach.
I wont be shocked they go after Gronk the tail end of his career.
Losing a lockerroom and great team mate like bolden sucks hes a beast on special teams.
Sometimes teams call and players listen.
We are on to Houston.

giphy.gif

Keep in mind this article below is a Miami source, but for what's it's worth, sounds like Pats wanted to bring Bolden back but got outbid.

Miami Dolphins add special teams help. Make New England Patriots unhappy

"League sources say the team expected to re-sign him before their season opener. But the Dolphins, seeing an opportunity for the special teams upgrade they wanted, contacted Bolden almost immediately.

When the Patriots learned Bolden was considering the Dolphins, they tried to convince Bolden to return. The Dolphins obviously won that contract battle."

That's too bad.. Wish Bolden the best..

Was 48 hours of... *squints*... Amara Darboh... worth losing core special teamer and adequate backup RB Brandon Bolden?

Okay back, solid ST’s guy, good locker room presence, always kept his nose clean. You really never heard his name unless he was making a play, which happened a fair share of time for a bottom of the roster guy. He may have been labeled a running back, but the dude is just a good football player. You need some of those on your team. It appears we got some solid football players in this years draft/udfa class, so I’m sure we will be fine. Buuuut, gonna miss ya anyhow Mr. Bolden.

Best of luck to you, as long as it doesn’t negatively impact our Pats!

Was 48 hours of... *squints*... Amara Darboh... worth losing core special teamer and adequate backup RB Brandon Bolden?

Apparently Darboh was hurt and needs surgery. That is a major blunder for whoever put in that waiver claim.

I'm sure if the Pats really wanted Boldin, they could have outbid Miami for him. I thought of the three core STers, he would be the one to make it over Slater and Ebner.

Probably not. But BBs always churning out the bottom few guys of the 53 you win some you lose some.

Not good enough in offense to be involved in offense.
He had his opportunity in 2015 when everyone got injured. The team chose to sign decrepit Steven Jackson and play him instead.

Right but why.. what was it that he couldn't do.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back