PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Bolden signs with Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for him. He was a very valuable special teams player while here and may he meet with much personal success on the fish.

I know he still had a locker here, indicating he was expected to return. I wonder if they offered more money, playing time, or if the Pats changed their minds?

Wow!
Definitely surprise.
What is it Belichick says about being willing to risk losing a player if you release him... We all assumed he'd be cut and returns. Guess not.
Not a bad back-up RB, but not unique. Pats have found other back-up RB's. Good ST, but not a real leader. Seems like a great team guy and hard to lose in the locker room.
Too bad.

Surprised on many levels (incl TB love). Pats might be surprised as well..

EDIT: Feels like BB and Nick underestimated a thing or two going about 53

Last edited:
Not surprised he was cut given the backlog we have at RB with White, Michel, Burkhead, Develin and Hill.

Last edited:
Thanks, Brandon. You were an underrated gamer... and a football player.

d%#*!@t.

Db88ia4W0AAxz_A.jpg

Sucks to lose him, special teams beast (captain I believe) and good fill in RB. Great team player, I bet Belichick is upset about this one.

The Patriots outsmarted themselves. They had every intention to bring Bolden back
to play special teams. As soon as he was cut, Miami contacted him. When the Patriots
caught wind of this, they tried to re-sign him but were unsuccessful.

Probably the most flexible player since Troy. Could run, catch, pass protect, and was solid on special teams. He wasn't going to wow you with stats, but he was very reliable.

Yikes. Why bother cutting him just to make room for those 2 waiver wire WRs (Darboh, Hansen) who likely won't contribute anything for a few months? Especially with RBs Michel and Burkhead coming off injuries.

Bolden could probably play linebacker better than Elandon Roberts.

I agree. One of Brady's best friends as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back