PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's dad claims Bill may be "On the hot seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft wont need to wonder. They lose the first game next season, the boston media will out in pitchforks. They have been waiting since 20 yrs and tolerating BB's lack of access and friendliness. They got francona fired, epstein fired . Dont think for a second they are salivating at this to get BB fired. That is the boston media. They take special pride in one upmanship vs the teams and players. And BB has defied this for 20 yrs.
You’re right about the media, but I don’t think that would be the reason they fire Bill. I think like most things it would come down to $. If Kraft thinks we are in a rebuild and years away from a SB, why am I paying a coach $20m when I can pay $6m for similar results. The bottom line for Kraft would likely be saving $14m a year for a number of years.

At Bill’s age he probably has about 5 years left. At $20m per that’s $100m they’d be paying him. If they see this team is years away from contending and knowing he isn’t a long term coach anymore why pay that much? It’s business Bill, nothing personal.

You’re right about the media, but I don’t think that would be the reason they fire Bill. I think like most things it would come down to $. If Kraft thinks we are in a rebuild and years away from a SB, why am I paying a coach $20m when I can pay $6m for similar results. The bottom line for Kraft would likely be saving $14m a year for a number of years.

At Bill’s age he probably has about 5 years left. At $20m per that’s $100m they’d be paying him. If they see this team is years away from contending and knowing he isn’t a long term coach anymore why pay that much? It’s business Bill, nothing personal.
Sure. But its hard to find good coaches who can rebuild. There is a reason there are double digit vacancies or close to it every year.

Sure. But its hard to find good coaches who can rebuild. There is a reason there are double digit vacancies or close to it every year.
I agree, but there’s a lot of factors in play. The main one is how much longer they see Belichick doing it. He’s a great coach, but if it’s a 3 - 4 year rebuild then once they come out of it he’s almost done. So if you’re Kraft do you want to pay that much for him to coach during those rebuilding years? That’s a whole lot of money. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe Bill gets the rebuild in motion and moves to the front office in a year or 2. I think the key for both will be if we find a QB. The quicker we get the next franchise QB the quicker the rebuild is. But I think it will be tough for Kraft in a few years to continue writing a $20m cheque if we are a middling team with no shot at a SB.

Yeah it’s kinda funny how the people closest to the situation that have the most insight are fine with Kraft and treat him like family members but fans manufactured this big back stabling lol.
Plus, they never mention it was his head coach who threw Brady under the bus when Deflategate broke with his “you’ll have to talk to Tom about that” comment. Like there could be a scheme to deflate balls without Belichick knowing about it with the control he had over that team.

Plus, they never mention it was his head coach who threw Brady under the bus when Deflategate broke with his “you’ll have to talk to Tom about that” comment. Like there could be a scheme to deflate balls without Belichick knowing about it with the control he had over that team.
Look, BB is no saint. But he took his time , did his research and came back with the mona lisa veto presser. He has let brady train with his buddy next to the stadium with the whole TB12 thing, didnt really take issue with him until it was reported that players started to go there instead of the local trainers(who knows what the truth was). They may not be buddies but they knew how to work together on the football field. If they were really getting personal,it wouldve ended long long ago.

Just what we need. Fcking Tom Senior crawling out from under a rock and commenting on the Pats- Brady-BB. Wasn't 2021 supposed to be better than 2020?!

Bill's on the hot seat.
Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

Look, BB is no saint. But he took his time , did his research and came back with the mona lisa veto presser. He has let brady train with his buddy next to the stadium with the whole TB12 thing, didnt really take issue with him until it was reported that players started to go there instead of the local trainers(who knows what the truth was). They may not be buddies but they knew how to work together on the football field. If they were really getting personal,it wouldve ended long long ago.
And Kraft didn’t back down until months later when the ruling came down and pretty much every analyst already deduced that Kraft as an owner had next zero reprieve or alternatives. Belichick by comparison was the first NE press conference and he said “talk to Tom”.

Not saying either one was wrong, both did the prudent thing. But I always find it funny that Kraft is the one that gets portrayed as a backstabber when the only thing he didn’t do was not fight a punishment he had no avenue to contest. He never agreed with the findings, he published an alternative report, he had McNally and Jastremski stop speaking to the investigators when he thought it was getting out of hand. Bill meanwhile gave his press conference that amounted to “I know nothing about this, talk to Tom” and nobody ever questioned him again.

It was not a fair characterization of Kraft, and clearly Brady and his family have never agreed with that assessment and they were getting legal counsel on the matter.

Bills not going anywhere and I doubt his seat is all that hot. I do not like what went down with Brady at all but I just don’t see BB being in any trouble. Three losing seasons might change that but one wont

Ugly meaning his son wouldn't be able to return to NE. Kraft's came out after the fact and said they would've matched Tampa's offer, despite the cap "experts" on here claiming it couldn't be done.
And have a team that was worse than the 2019 Patriots?

You do remember the second half of that season, correct?

What would be the point?

Its kinda sad that the whole thing has devolved into having a Goat Coach needing to show the fanbase and mediots he is worth keeping. Sometimes I hope he retires just for kicks and we hire leftwich or some other overrated coordinator to lead the team. But that i know it will be worse for the team so i hope it never happens.

Love the list idea. I would also add:
Rex Ryan
John Harbaugh
Peyton Manning
All relatives of Don Shula
Most if not all of the Boston sports media

Charlie Casserly

Also, Brady Sr doesn't seem to mind that Uncle Bob had his crank polished in Jupiter, Fla and would have been caught if not for his big money legal team.

It's like it never happened and now the video is to be destroyed.
Still remember when story 1st broke, you were the 1st to say he was guilty and would be convicted because they had him on video. You were willing to bet on it.

LMAO

Still remember when story 1st broke, you were the 1st to say he was guilty and would be convicted because they had him on video. You were willing to bet on it.

LMAO
Kraft is a good liar. Your kind of people.

He should run for office.

Kraft is a good liar. Your kind of people.

He should run for office.
But if he won, you'd just say he cheated, so there's that.

Why is it that ppl living in the MethWest suffer from alternate realities, where legal elections are stolen and sleeping with your sister is normal?

But if he won, you'd just say he cheated, so there's that.

Why is it that ppl living in the MethWest suffer from alternate realities, where legal elections are stolen and sleeping with your sister is normal?
Morons ask this question all the time.

What took you so long?

Yeah it’s kinda funny how the people closest to the situation that have the most insight are fine with Kraft and treat him like family members but fans manufactured this big back stabling lol.
Manufactured what's the best for the 32, when Brady was being pounded on by all the media, the courts & the league right.

Manufactured what's the best for the 32, when Brady was being pounded on by all the media, the courts & the league right.
In yet the people affected treat him like family. Almost like those close to situation don’t see it your way

Last edited:
He said Bill is on a little bit of a hot seat. Which I think is a little different than saying he's on THE hot seat. One means he's getting some criticism and the other means his job is in jeopardy. I'd say what he says doesn't matter but this might be insight into what Tom is thinking too.

Bill will be able to try and rebuild the team but if that fails and we are no further along in 3 years or so then I think the needle will definitely be moving hard to the latter.
Jeezus Christ...
Maybe they can patch things up...

brady-and-bilichick.jpg
I will never unsee this :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes