PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on pace to get sacked a career-high 52 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest hits Brady took last night were on the plays he decided to run on because guys weren't open. Can't really put that all on the OL and I get what kind of competitor he is but maybe he should be throwing it away on those

Last edited:
Just out of interest, how has Conor McDermott been performing for the Bills?

GIF--Not-Impressed-Eww-Euw-Awful-Bad-gag-disgust-Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar-GIF.gif

Pass pro breakdowns are almost never a single player's fault, so singling guys out and spouting hyperbole about them being horrible is pretty pointless.

Pass pro breakdowns are almost never a single player's fault, so singling guys out and spouting hyperbole about them being horrible is pretty pointless.
It's a football message board. Of course we can and will talk about issues with the team and its players

I think the sacks have to do with chemistry. Edelman is out and is so good on the quick out routes (DA is mainly an in-runner) and Gronk has been banged up. He's just taking more time going through his progressions waiting for guys to get open.

I would like to see us play more 2-back sets with Gilleslie/White or Dion/White so Brady can audible to a run more often or move White on the line.

Biggest hits Brady took last night were on the plays he decided to run on because guys weren't open. Can't really put that all on the OL and I get what kind of competitor he is but maybe he should be throwing it away on those
Yeah, I found it funny that on one of those plays, towards the end, it looked like he said "fuk it" and tried to lower his shoulder into the defender (trying to dish out some of his own punishment), only to almost get snapped in half. I think it may have been the same play his helmet was ripped off. I'm not exactly sure as I was under the influence of Night Terror Indica strain.

Are we really giving the o-line a pass now?

Brady was hit hard on several plays, most of which did not come while on the run.

Do these release stats count how long Brady holds onto the ball before getting killed?

I guarantee he wont by the end of the season. but Scar needs to figure it out. and I trust that he will.

Solder/Cannon seem to have regressed which is a big part of it. However cannon is dealing with an ankle so he should improve with time. Solder I am not sure what is up.

Maybe, but he wasn't very good last week, so the bar was low.
Just to clarify, my comment was made earlier in the week, so "last week" was the Panthers game. I agree that Solder has not played well this season. One of those weeks I thought he bounced back, though.

Also, Andrews, you're not invited to my country. You are oficially my anti-binkie, congrats.

If you keep crapping the bed, Solder, you'll join him too.
Make sure you add Thuney's name to your No Christmas Card list, because he kinda sucks too.
In fact, just add the entire OL. They've been nothing short of weak-ass awful all season long.
What's worse, there is Nobody in the organization worthy of replacing Any of them.

Make sure you add Thuney's name to your No Christmas Card list, because he kinda sucks too.
In fact, just add the entire OL. They've been nothing short of weak-ass awful all season long.
What's worse, there is Nobody in the organization worthy of replacing Any of them.
I don't agree with you Stone, at least not yet. Yes, they have been playing bad, but the whole unit has lacked cohesion, so it was expected for him to be worse.

Most of times that I see him miss, it's because of a Switch at the D-line post-snap (i'm sure there's a football term for that) where the DE comes around the DT to penetrate (Come on guys, be mature now) between the LG and the C. The Panthers and the Bucs were constantly getting good results with that.

I'll be honest, I don't fully understand who should be the responsible for covering that, but I think it's usually the Center who is free when they're against a 4 DL rush, so I blame Andrews heavily on this.

Don't get me wrong, Thuney should recognize those plays too, but he's usually engaged with another adversary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference