PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on pace to get sacked a career-high 52 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats say otherwise. He was about 0.3 seconds longer than last year as I recall. Sorry I don't have the link.

@Joker

Actually according to next gen stats it's about the same as last year, but this is just averages. Obviously he has to sit in the pocket longer to throw a deep pass than a short one.

2016 - 2.57
2017 - 2.63

Passing Stats | NFL Next Gen Stats

Don't be so harsh on Marcus Cannon he's battling ankle problems. That turn-style
Nate Solder needs to be replaced he's looked horrible every game.

Solder is frustrating. Isn't he like 6'7" and at least 300 pounds? How does a dude that big get pushed around so much?

Solder is frustrating. Isn't he like 6'7" and at least 300 pounds? How does a dude that big get pushed around so much?

Solder was injured for the most of training camp and the preseason. I'm not sure why but he also missed the warm ups before the KC game. So he might be nursing an injury atm. Cannon had an ankle injury late in the KC game and has been nursing that as well.

The sack he gave up to Mercilus (IIRC) was a missed chip assignment from the RB coming out of the backfield.

I suspect the Oline and Solder will improve.

Solder was injured for the most of training camp and the preseason. I'm not sure why but he also missed the warm ups before the KC game. So he might be nursing an injury atm. Cannon had an ankle injury late in the KC game and has been nursing that as well.

The sack he gave up to Mercilus (IIRC) was a missed chip assignment from the RB coming out of the backfield.

I suspect the Oline and Solder will improve.
I thought Solder played his best game last week. Let's hope he continues to work through his issues and show improvement.

After watching all of Brady's sacks for the season I'm more worried about the pressures than the sacks. Brady knows how to take a sack but he takes his hardest hits when getting hit while throwing it.

I made a video of all of Brady's sacks so that you guys can review it.

I'm not sure of who has responsibility for what during each sack but will add my notes of my opinions.

Sack #:

1. Gronk was wide open. White looked somewhat open. I think Brady was looking deep for Hogan.
2. #69 Shaq Mason responsibility here? I don't know. Andrews ends up losing leverage.
3. #69 Mason. What's his responsibility here? I don't know.
4. Brady trips over Gillislee's foot.
5. Thuney inadvertently pushes a DT into Solder's legs. Solder loses his block.
6. White misses his chip on the way out of the backfield.
7. #60 Andrews misses picking up his block.
8. No one picks up CB blitz from Texan CB #21.
9. Saints' DE lines up real wide. Solder fails to pick him up.
10. Coverage Sack in the redzone.
11. Cannon Whiffed. (this is around the time he suffered his ankle injury)
12. #69 Mason. What's his responsibility here. He blocks no one.
13. Injured Cannon Whiffed.

Sack rate as % of snaps is his highest since 2001.

Code:
Year     Sk%
2001*    9.0
2002     4.9
2003     5.7
2004*    5.2
2005*    4.7
2006     4.8
2007*+   3.5
2008     0.0
2009*    2.8
2010*+   4.8
2011*    5.0
2012*    4.1
2013*    6.0
2014*    3.5
2015*    5.7
2016*    3.4
2017     7.7
Career   4.9

Provided by Pro-Football-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 10/3/2017.

When they say "snaps" is that total offensive snaps, or only on passing snaps? I would hope it's just passing otherwise it's far less relevant, but wanted to clarify first.

Solder has way underperformed his $10m per year 2 year extension that (at the time) gave him Top 5 Tackle money. Seems he checked out after he was guaranteed $20m. Garbage last year, garbage in playoffs, garbage in Superbowl, garbage this year.

The only good thing he does is have the decency help a dazed/disoriented Tom Brady back to his feet after he gets tossed around to give up yet another sack.
"dazed/disoriented"?
Better watch out or the "Indestructible Brady" and "Brady never gets concussions" police will be flaming you.
On a serious note, if he is actually dazed and/or disoriented (and I haven't watched enough games to agree or disagree with that), then someone ought to be concerned about him and, if that's how it's viewed (and, once again, I can't say it should be viewed that way), it's just a matter of time before he's put into the Concussion Protocol after a big hit.

I think Brady wont get sacked 52 times, because the line is going to kill him before that.

Tampa had ONE sack before this game. Against us, the bucs seemed to have one of the Best D-lines of the NFL and that's scary

Also, Andrews, you're not invited to my country. You are oficially my anti-binkie, congrats

If you keep crapping the bed, Solder, you'll join him too.

Just out of interest, how has Conor McDermott been performing for the Bills?

DLbQYOEUMAA1gu4

Just out of interest, how has Conor McDermott been performing for the Bills?
2 healthy scratches, 2 games active, 7 ST snaps, 0 offensive snaps.

This line HAS to get better for Brady's sake. He can't take much more of this at his age. If we want him to have that crazy longevity, we better block for him.

I think Brady wont get sacked 52 times, because the line is going to kill him before that.

Tampa had ONE sack before this game. Against us, the bucs seemed to have one of the Best D-lines of the NFL and that's scary

Maybe this is all part of a master plan to speed up Brady's decline so they can toss JAG in there.

Brady must be full of bruises today, thank god we have a mini bye week now. Considering the next opponent is the Jete I'd give Jimmy the starter job for this game and send Brady to Cancun to rest and recover from this beating but since we are 3-2 and playing badly that won't ever happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST