PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Loss Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriots with Brady have overshot any kind of sane expectations from 2000 so much that I kind of just can't be mad about it finally ending. He's 42, he's played for the Patriots for 20 years, 219 wins, 30 playoff wins, 6 Super Bowl wins, NFL 100 All-Time Team. He's gonna be 1st Team All-Decade in back-to-back decades. It's just crazy.

In all seriousness, if Brady had retired after Super Bowl 49 at 37 years old, I would have considered his run basically perfect. Super Bowl 51 and 28-3 was sheer madness, Super Bowl 53 was just making the rubble bounce.
Pretty much my feelings too. I never thought he would play for the Pats until age 42. I really thought the extension he signed in his mid-30s that would have expired at age 39 was going to be his last contract with us. The extension to age 42 completely shocked me and I am even more shocked that he completed the whole thing winning 2 more rings at the end. I am just so thankful. What an unbelievable two decade ride!

Jets AND former USC QB? That's some historic odds to overcome, my friend.

Agreed. And Sam is hardly perfect.

But he does look very promising. Especially on the move creating something out of nothing. Which is basically what he's had to do so far with a crap online.

Hopefully the oline improves after free agency and the draft.

He also seems to be pretty level-headed, which definitely comes in handy in NY.

Agreed. And Sam is hardly perfect.

But he does look very promising. Especially on the move creating something out of nothing. Which is basically what he's had to do so far with a crap online.

Hopefully the oline improves after free agency and the draft.

He also seems to be pretty level-headed, which definitely comes in handy in NY.
That OL literally got Trevor Siemien killed. Bechum probably doesn't even belong in the NFL.

Stay safe out there by the way, especially if you're in that New York area.

We're training camp 2001 Brady fans. Loved every moment of his career here.
Losing him has not been emotional to me. Eventually age forces everyone retire. Just happened a year or 2 earlier with departure to Tampa. I believe he's at peace with his decision and I'm SO thankful to his 2 decades here making the franchise great.
We likely won't have the stress of worrying about one seed or playoff game stress for a season or so.
It is what it is.
I went to the 2000 Hall of Fame game, Brady mopped up. I went to 2001 training camp, Brady's breakout year. I have no recollection of him at either event.

Lol depression..........I was over it the day it happened. If I'm being honest, even before that.

I went to the 2000 Hall of Fame game, Brady mopped up. I went to 2001 training camp, Brady's breakout year. I have no recollection of him at either event.
I remember the training camp because when I got home my dad asked me who was practicing at quarterback. I think they had four or five QB's. I was annoyed that they were heavily working out Tom Brady. I thought he would be just another cut.

I know we’ve talked about this ad nauseum but I’m still tripping. I dislike Tom Brady leaving. How are all of you guys dealing?
I ask because I’m not liking this kibble
I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm glad the pats team i love didn't make a decision based on emotion and sentimentality. next year the team will have a crap ton of cap space. im looking forward to the future of the team with Belichick and caserio at the helm.

Reactions: sb1
Right?? Cheezus. I can't have 15 minutes of Crona-free escapism? Umm ok. I get that we are in the middle of what might be the biggest crisis of our lifetimes. Can I have a minute and wish I had football?

I appreciate their hard work, and this is just the beginning, but please don't yell at me. I washed my hands. Rant over.

I think Tommy is tone deaf right now, with his endless TB12 posts. Stop. He's making it very easy for me to get over the departure.
I agree with this. Optics, man. The country is in the middle of a huge crisis, people losing their jobs, sick, dying, closed up at home with fear and anxiety for company. Yet Tom posts pictures of his big smile signed a new contract worth millions, is attempting to trademark some TB/TB bs as if everything is just groovy and it just is annoying AF at this point.

I am over it already.....I decided to treat it the same way I treat, "Rocky V".....it never happened!

Then again, it will REALLY SUCK seeing him in another uniform in the fall...if there are games played....

Zero memories of Brady in 2000 camp.
Wife & I went to 2001 camp several times as I was out of work. Enjoyed watching my man, Michael Bishop {EDIT FOR CLARITY: Bishop watching in 2000 & 2001}. But during my visits could not help but notice this 2nd year Brady guy (never heard of him as I don't follow college ball) consistently move the chains and appear to be fully in control of the offense. In wife's opinion, "He outplayed Drew!" She was not a Bledsoe fan.
Back then Kraft was a regular guy; fun to talk with him and Myra.

Last edited:
Zero memories of Brady in 2000 camp.

I have zero memories of Brady during the 2002 season. I was also in college in Canada, drunk most of the time...

In all seriousness, Brady isn't necessarily dead to me, but I don't keep up with him anymore, don't care to see him doing Tampa Bay things, and probably will ignore him until he goes to put on the red jacket. It's a weird feeling.

I'm curious to see what Stidham brings.

Honestly, I thought all this would be a lot worse. As it turns out, the fear of how it would feel to lose Brady is worse than actually losing him...for me anyway.

@Soliel I hear you man. It's depressing that TB12 is gone. I hate politicians, am disillusioned of Hollywood, and don't have a father who I call my hero. So it's the end of an era in many ways...Brady extended my childhood "hero" phase for about 20 years. The guy is like Superman.

Wish TB retired after the SB win over the RAMS. It all started with the RAMS and
I thought it would be fitting to end with the RAMS. Moving on, the rebuild will be
interesting to watch.
PS: 20 years, what a ride. Glad I got to see it.

@Soliel I hear you man. It's depressing that TB12 is gone. I hate politicians, am disillusioned of Hollywood, and don't have a father who I call my hero. So it's the end of an era in many ways...Brady extended my childhood "hero" phase for about 20 years. The guy is like Superman.

Yes, you hit it right on the head. Stuff is not going right

Wish TB retired after the SB win over the RAMS. It all started with the RAMS and
I thought it would be fitting to end with the RAMS. Moving on, the rebuild will be
interesting to watch.
PS: 20 years, what a ride. Glad I got to see it.

I agree. Although, I wanted him to retire after LI

Get ahold of yourself. He’s clearly moved on, so it’s time for you to move on. That’s my honest opinion.

My dad got sick in 1994 and was told that he had 5 months to live. I found perspective when we were getting the news and I saw a mother, father and their 9 year old son in the next cubicle sobbing as they were getting the same news about the boy.

Good luck going forward.

Thank you, and I extend the same wishes to you!

I had a difficult relationship with my Dad, but his end-stage lasted well over a year so there was plenty of time to tie up loose emotional ends. He was a Cowboys fan for most of his adult life, but he got pulled into my enthusiasm for the Patriots, one of a number of things I'm glad I got to share with him.

I was hoping Brady would finish in NE but this time it really seemed like the writing was on the wall. Ultimately I think it’s more about Belichick wanting to move on instead of hanging on. I think he wants to rebuild to championship level and then hand the franchise over to Caserio to run. I think he would love to win more Lombardi’s before he retires, but he won’t hang on to do that either.

Personally I’m just happy that the decision has been made so they can get on with what’s next. The offseason really hinged on the Brady decision, so now we know the Dynasty has ended, and we can look at how best to build the team to that kind of level again, and that will be really interesting for me.

After 19 years(my awareness period) of Tom Brady I can't just turn off the perpetual buzz of what he meant to me as a fan of the Patriots. So now I find myself just as interested in his success as I am for the Patriots success. So I guess any depression is tempered by knowing he's still playing and since he's in the NFC I can root just as hard for him there as I rootvfor the Patriots in the AFC. I'm not sure how I'll feel when they play each other. The probable schizophrenia diagnosis coming is a little scary for me.:oops:

Thank you. I have been trying to avoid bringing my stress to the site but that post really got to me (I still don’t retract that post). I am legitimately terrified that my wife is going to get sick, because Massachusetts could be just like New York State two weeks from now. I’m going to log off and stop posting at this point. I know that many of you will miss my brilliant insights about how to build for 2020 but it’s for the best, for the time being. I will still lurk from time to time, to keep updated on any breaking news.

I’ll leave you guys this, as a warning to not let your guard down.

Former Bates College All-American lacrosse player, 25, in critical condition battling coronavirus
Former Bates College lacrosse player in critical condition with coronavirus | Boston.com
(Via Boston.com)

From Ridgewood New Jersey. Scary

Take your god complex of self importance and stay home. This will pass long before the medical profession will find a cure for cancer and many other diseases. but it won't stop the AMA and you from providing fake cures propped up by big pharma, that will continue to kill many more than this epidemic.

In short, piss off with the self pity, stay home if you are so much more important than others jerk off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes