PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Loss Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cover of “I saw tiger” from Joe Exotic might help people overcome the depression.

I'm getting drunk and rewatching SB51 at 1pm, so clearly I'm handling it super well

There is no blame to be had. BB refused to pay a 43 yr old QB with declining skills 50+ million over 2 years. If he had, I would have been disappointed. In BB I trust.

Actually your opinion is wrong.

Were NOT in a better spot today than we were at the end of the season and by definition bill is not doing his job.

In fact its almost certain that whoever out qb is will not have half the season brady is going to have.

But hey, hes 43 and he sucks and he wants too much money. All nice little power point words that mean nothing.

Dude, calm down. You don’t get to decide what makes people sad. Brady and the Patriots have been a rock for many of us for two decades. Frankly, I grew up with Patriots, I grew up with Brady, and I grew up going to games with my dad. Moving away across the country, alone, in the last several years, the Patriots have been a source of pride in where I came from- as silly as that sounds. They’ve been that little slice of home that I haven’t been able to get anywhere else. To see it all come to an end with Brady as unceremoniously as it did (and, make no mistake, going to Tampa Bay is as unceremonious as it gets) is jarring and it stings and it hurts.

Now more than maybe ever, people need an outlet and that’s not going to be there for us ever again.

By the way, I too am a physician- a resident going into a field on the frontlines of this pandemic. I have worked nearly 400 hours the last four weeks. On Tuesday, I start a two week rotation in the ED in one of the busiest emergency rooms in America. My fiancé is in danger of losing her job and we’ve had to postpone our wedding and cancel our honeymoon. Every night I worry I’m going to bring COVID home and get her or her family sick. Don’t tell me what I can get sad about.
Thank you for everything you are doing and I am praying for your and your family to stay well...

Actually your opinion is wrong.

Were NOT in a better spot today than we were at the end of the season and by definition bill is not doing his job.

First off, it is not a fact that the Patriots are worse off now without TB12, that's your opinion. Secondly, Brady will not finish the 2020 season if it happens. He's going to take one hit too many hits and like any 43 year old, he's going to get hurt. Time will tell, I say TB will be more disappointed in Brady than Patriots fan's are with Stidham.

In fact its almost certain that whoever out qb is will not have half the season brady is going to have.

But hey, hes 43 and he sucks and he wants too much money. All nice little power point words that mean nothing.

And those moments of arrogance. They didn’t come from nowhere. Isolating rookies and sticking to his vets. And of course... “17 points? Haw haw haw that‘s it?” and “maybe they should read the rule book lolz”. Neither of those things ended well for the Pats.

I doubt it will be that hard to cheer for him to never win a SB ring again.

Actually, the "maybe they should read the rule book" season ended very well for the Pats, thanks to a great play by Malcom Butler in the SB.

Brady played 20 years here and had hundreds and hundreds of interviews, and yet the best you can come up with are a couple of quotes that aren't really that bad? He also said something on radio once that didn't flatter the Jets so you can add that too.

Brady's the closest thing we've seen to Bobby Orr when it comes to greatness in and out of their sport.

This cover of “I saw tiger” from Joe Exotic might help people overcome the depression.

And if that doesn't do it, feast your eyes on "Here Kitty Kitty'

Actually, the "maybe they should read the rule book" season ended very well for the Pats, thanks to a great play by Malcom Butler in the SB.

Brady played 20 years here and had hundreds and hundreds of interviews, and yet the best you can come up with are a couple of quotes that aren't really that bad? He also said something on radio once that didn't flatter the Jets so you can add that too.

Brady's the closest thing we've seen to Bobby Orr when it comes to greatness in and out of their sport.

Yes he is but he does have his moments when he comes off as arrogant like those quotes. The “17 points??” quote is bad. There was no need to say it and the Giants heard it and they claim they “saw red when they heard it”. So would the early 2000s Pats if they heard another QB say that.

Yes he is but he does have his moments when he comes off as arrogant like those quotes. The “17 points??” quote is bad. There was no need to say it and the Giants heard it and they claim they “saw red when they heard it”. So would the early 2000s Pats if they heard another QB say that.

I was uncomfortable with his Giants reaction as well as his more recent pouting nature. I also didn't like him mocking the Jets' fly-around celebration during the 45-3 romp. But after that I don't see much to talk about. That's a great 20 year accomplishment itself.

I don't see how any Pats fan could use the word depressed to describe TB, even with him leaving.

I was uncomfortable with his Giants reaction as well as his more recent pouting nature. I also didn't like him mocking the Jets' fly-around celebration during the 45-3 romp. But after that I don't see much to talk about. That's a great 20 year accomplishment itself.

I don't see how any Pats fan could use the word depressed to describe TB, even with him leaving.

Put in perspective. Larry Bird was an All World trash talker.

And those moments of arrogance. They didn’t come from nowhere. Isolating rookies and sticking to his vets. And of course... “17 points? Haw haw haw that‘s it?” and “maybe they should read the rule book lolz”. Neither of those things ended well for the Pats.

I doubt it will be that hard to cheer for him to never win a SB ring again.

You = Suck

Going through the stages of grief is difficult.

considering one question does help me:

Would the team really be better for 2020 and the future if we paid Brady $50M guaranteed over the next 2 years, probably playing this season Thuney, the McCourty's and Slater? Add that the patriots would be playing behind a coach who didn't want to keep Brady (as was the case in 2018 and 2019).

How much better would we be in 2020, 2021, and 2022?

We need to forgive Belichick for making a decision that he thinks is in the best interests of the team. Then perhaps, we can move on.

Wish TB retired after the SB win over the RAMS. It all started with the RAMS and
I thought it would be fitting to end with the RAMS. Moving on, the rebuild will be
interesting to watch.
PS: 20 years, what a ride. Glad I got to see it.

That would've been the best "movie" ending for sure.

Most times in life the lesson is to look forward... Don't dwell in the past. The possibilities going forward. Etc. Etc.

BUT this time .. Look Backwards.! Look at the past.. !

As in 20 years..! In the NFL which stands for "Not For Long". We had Tom Frikkin Brady as OUR QB. His best years.!

Yikeees... I'm actually happy to see him play for TB. It will answer a bunch of questions and be entertaining as hell. !!

Meanwhile other questions about our team and Belichick also get addressed. As opposed to status quo staleness we saw last year..? I'm Frikkin psyched. :cool:

I suspect some bad stories will creep out during the 2019 season and specifically the relationship between Brady and Belichick. The separation was so cold.

I suspect some bad stories will creep out during the 2019 season and specifically the relationship between Brady and Belichick. The separation was so cold.

Wickersham is on it.

Look Backwards.! Look at the past.. !
OpulentBeneficialDormouse-max-1mb.gif
SkeletalSizzlingGossamerwingedbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

This always makes me feel better
bef1fe895cd31ddc69cc55b04169cf17.jpg

What’s up with those ugly red/white Patriots uniforms? I’ve never seen them before.

Brady will play 5 more seasons in TB and win 2 SBs and Kraft will look like an idiot when he says “We didn’t expect him to be that good for that long”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back