SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Brady Loss Depression

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Soliel, Mar 27, 2020.

1. amfootball

amfootball On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +574
    Pretty much my feelings too. I never thought he would play for the Pats until age 42. I really thought the extension he signed in his mid-30s that would have expired at age 39 was going to be his last contract with us. The extension to age 42 completely shocked me and I am even more shocked that he completed the whole thing winning 2 more rings at the end. I am just so thankful. What an unbelievable two decade ride!

2. JetFan79

JetFan79 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +4,159
    Agreed. And Sam is hardly perfect.

But he does look very promising. Especially on the move creating something out of nothing. Which is basically what he's had to do so far with a crap online.

Hopefully the oline improves after free agency and the draft.

He also seems to be pretty level-headed, which definitely comes in handy in NY.

3. Froob

Froob Independent Investigator & pliable af PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +36,713
    That OL literally got Trevor Siemien killed. Bechum probably doesn't even belong in the NFL.

Stay safe out there by the way, especially if you're in that New York area.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  4. p8ryts

p8ryts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +976
    I went to the 2000 Hall of Fame game, Brady mopped up. I went to 2001 training camp, Brady's breakout year. I have no recollection of him at either event.

5. LightSkinSmurf

LightSkinSmurf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,978
    Lol depression..........I was over it the day it happened. If I'm being honest, even before that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lavictoire

Lavictoire Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,098
    I remember the training camp because when I got home my dad asked me who was practicing at quarterback. I think they had four or five QB's. I was annoyed that they were heavily working out Tom Brady. I thought he would be just another cut.

7. captain insano

captain insano Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +5,240
    I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm glad the pats team i love didn't make a decision based on emotion and sentimentality. next year the team will have a crap ton of cap space. im looking forward to the future of the team with Belichick and caserio at the helm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +5,482
    I agree with this. Optics, man. The country is in the middle of a huge crisis, people losing their jobs, sick, dying, closed up at home with fear and anxiety for company. Yet Tom posts pictures of his big smile signed a new contract worth millions, is attempting to trademark some TB/TB bs as if everything is just groovy and it just is annoying AF at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  9. Hyped

Hyped PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,621
    I am over it already.....I decided to treat it the same way I treat, "Rocky V".....it never happened!

Then again, it will REALLY SUCK seeing him in another uniform in the fall...if there are games played....

10. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,575
    Zero memories of Brady in 2000 camp.
    Wife & I went to 2001 camp several times as I was out of work. Enjoyed watching my man, Michael Bishop {EDIT FOR CLARITY: Bishop watching in 2000 & 2001}. But during my visits could not help but notice this 2nd year Brady guy (never heard of him as I don't follow college ball) consistently move the chains and appear to be fully in control of the offense. In wife's opinion, "He outplayed Drew!" She was not a Bledsoe fan.
    Back then Kraft was a regular guy; fun to talk with him and Myra.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  11. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,481
    I have zero memories of Brady during the 2002 season. I was also in college in Canada, drunk most of the time...

In all seriousness, Brady isn't necessarily dead to me, but I don't keep up with him anymore, don't care to see him doing Tampa Bay things, and probably will ignore him until he goes to put on the red jacket. It's a weird feeling.

I'm curious to see what Stidham brings.

Honestly, I thought all this would be a lot worse. As it turns out, the fear of how it would feel to lose Brady is worse than actually losing him...for me anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady AB Forever PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,324
    @Soliel I hear you man. It's depressing that TB12 is gone. I hate politicians, am disillusioned of Hollywood, and don't have a father who I call my hero. So it's the end of an era in many ways...Brady extended my childhood "hero" phase for about 20 years. The guy is like Superman.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. wrangler

wrangler On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +172
    Wish TB retired after the SB win over the RAMS. It all started with the RAMS and
    I thought it would be fitting to end with the RAMS. Moving on, the rebuild will be
    interesting to watch.
    PS: 20 years, what a ride. Glad I got to see it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,375
    Yes, you hit it right on the head. Stuff is not going right

15. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,375
    I agree. Although, I wanted him to retire after LI

16. MoreBellhorn

MoreBellhorn 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,097
    Get ahold of yourself. He’s clearly moved on, so it’s time for you to move on. That’s my honest opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Wax Frog

Wax Frog Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4,838
    Thank you, and I extend the same wishes to you!

I had a difficult relationship with my Dad, but his end-stage lasted well over a year so there was plenty of time to tie up loose emotional ends. He was a Cowboys fan for most of his adult life, but he got pulled into my enthusiasm for the Patriots, one of a number of things I'm glad I got to share with him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,318
    I was hoping Brady would finish in NE but this time it really seemed like the writing was on the wall. Ultimately I think it’s more about Belichick wanting to move on instead of hanging on. I think he wants to rebuild to championship level and then hand the franchise over to Caserio to run. I think he would love to win more Lombardi’s before he retires, but he won’t hang on to do that either.

Personally I’m just happy that the decision has been made so they can get on with what’s next. The offseason really hinged on the Brady decision, so now we know the Dynasty has ended, and we can look at how best to build the team to that kind of level again, and that will be really interesting for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +5,872
    After 19 years(my awareness period) of Tom Brady I can't just turn off the perpetual buzz of what he meant to me as a fan of the Patriots. So now I find myself just as interested in his success as I am for the Patriots success. So I guess any depression is tempered by knowing he's still playing and since he's in the NFC I can root just as hard for him there as I rootvfor the Patriots in the AFC. I'm not sure how I'll feel when they play each other. The probable schizophrenia diagnosis coming is a little scary for me.:oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Rusty Coupe

Rusty Coupe Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,693
    Take your god complex of self importance and stay home. This will pass long before the medical profession will find a cure for cancer and many other diseases. but it won't stop the AMA and you from providing fake cures propped up by big pharma, that will continue to kill many more than this epidemic.

In short, piss off with the self pity, stay home if you are so much more important than others jerk off.