PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Loss Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2008 after the shock of Brady’s game 1 injury subsided, “intrigue” took over. Who is Cassell, what’s he got, how will be Bill put him in a position to succeed?

Intrigue??? After the crushing loss to finish 18-1 after a record setting season, I was ready for more fireworks and hopefully a SB victory. All that went out the window As soon as Brady went down. That wasn't fun and intriguing, it was miserable. I wanted to watch Brady in his prime, not Cassel. Winning 11 games was completely hollow because I knew they had zero chance to make a playoff run under Cassel.

In 2015 “intrigue” took over again (twice) during Brady’s 4 game suspension. Who are these young QBs and how will Bill put them in a position to succeed.

2016 was different because Brady was coming back, it was only a month. It would have been less fun if Brady missed 8 games or the entire season. Also, Brady got snubbed of an MVP because of those 4 games. The Pats don't go to 3 SB and win 2 of them if Brady was gone from 2016 on. That's where we are now.

You can sugar coat it and tell yourself this doesn't suck... But it does.

Last edited:
ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS THREAD?

New York is burning, Massachusetts may be next and you make a thread asking who else is still depressed about losing Tom Brady and how are they coping with this tragedy? Are you really that tone deaf?

My wife and I are both physicians. My wife is a pulmonologist and intensive care unit doctor and is trying to finalize her will (while still going to work), because if she gets sick from one of her patients she won’t have the ability to do it emergently. Many doctors and nurses who work in ER and ICUs are doing the same.

Here’s a message from the two of us and all doctors, nurses, nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, respiratory therapists and hospital ancillary staff: F*CK OFF, YOU OBLIVIOUS, SELF-ABSORBED C*NT.

Get a ****ing grip. Some escapism is good for people's mental health.

Sincerely appreciate all you guys are doing, but a lot of us are in the **** right now, and we're not being self-important about it. Have some class.

New York is burning, Massachusetts may be next and you make a thread asking who else is still depressed about losing Tom Brady and how are they coping with this tragedy? Are you really that tone deaf?

My wife and I are both physicians. My wife is a pulmonologist and intensive care unit doctor and is trying to finalize her will (while still going to work), because if she gets sick from one of her patients she won’t have the ability to do it emergently. Many doctors and nurses who work in ER and ICUs are doing the same.

Here’s a message from the two of us and all doctors, nurses, nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, respiratory therapists and hospital ancillary staff: F*CK OFF, YOU OBLIVIOUS, SELF-ABSORBED C*NT.

It's a difficult time. Little things will help us get through the tough times. This is one of the Patsfans community simply stating what's up for him, and that he's battling with depression. You might want to look in the mirror regarding tone deafness.

oh suck it up already... Life moves on

I’ve moved on. Also with other things happening around us today it’s not as big of a deal to me as I thought it might be.

I don’t think you’re going to find too many who like the move, but in BB we trust.

As you know, Supafly, I like the move and I trust BB. The team will do as well without Brady as with him. Trust in BB

Seems like all of New England went inside, shut their doors, and haven't come out since.

You're speaking of the virus being the cause and not Brady, I hope?

The curse of Bill Belichick. He spent years trying to cast out Tom Brady. He’ll spend years looking for the next Tom Brady

Get a ****ing grip. Some escapism is good for people's mental health.

Sincerely appreciate all you guys are doing, but a lot of us are in the **** right now, and we're not being self-important about it. Have some class.

Escapism is important, absolutely. Why do you think I come to the site? I haven’t criticized a single post because of what is going on until now.

There is a difference between “Free agent possibilities for the Pats” and “I’ve written about how depressed I am about Tom Brady leaving ad nauseam in other thread and I realize that people are dying right now but here’s a new thread about my Tom Brady depression and how we can all get through this”

If you think that my post was self-important you’re a moron, Comrade, but now that you mention it, we are pretty f*cking important, especially people like my wife and her colleagues/coworkers. Hopefully, you will never have to find out how important. It is sad that it has taken a pandemic for some to regain respect for healthcare workers.

Show of hands…how many people on the site still have N95 masks that you don’t need sitting in a drawer (maybe you work in construction or as a handyman or were one of the people who irresponsibly cleaned out Lowes and Home Depot last month) but haven’t donated to a local hospital. How about your family and friends? If you do maybe it’s time to do the right thing.

It's a difficult time. Little things will help us get through the tough times. This is one of the Patsfans community simply stating what's up for him, and that he's battling with depression. You might want to look in the mirror regarding tone deafness.

Are you really trying to compare his Tom Brady “depression” to actual depression? Give me a break, dude.

“He’s battling with depression” No,he is not.

A Brady retirement would be such a different vibe. Lots of remembrance and celebration of his career. Probably a year of documentaries on NFL network and such. Maybe a parade or rally if the covid crisis didn't exist.

And, we'd still be stuck watching Stidham and Hoyer and nobody to catch the ball in 2020.

It is what it is. No days off. Etc.,

Lots to be depressed about including reactionary posts... but real depression is serious... so best to try and think positive about this...

Try this... your hero is smiling sitting in the sun with his kids while the waves are splashing on their feet . His father, tom sr. Put his positive spin on it yesterday while pondering 20 YEARS
OF MEMORIES FOR NEW ENGLAND FANS!!

Tom Brady's Father Comments On His Son Leaving The Patriots

Happy family amid this crisis. But really ... when is it enough for a fan to say OK tom thx, and you can take yur retirement money to a warm place in the setting sun...

Shyt, add that to previous post.. Tom's going to
1. warm weather
2. Natural grass.
3. No state tax. 50 mil.
4. West coast where sun sets over the water.:cool:

Last edited:

There are no active sports. What are you doing here posting, with these weighty cares in your life? A bit ironic to call another out, don't you think?

Having been in actual combat/war , as many here have, you chose your profession, for whatever reasons those may be (money, helping other, etc.). I chose mine in the military, and I chose it now working everyday at the border (we are essential).

I respect the work of physicians everyday, if you are actually that and not going for dramatic fiction. Everybody is stressed out. I get it. If you are this stressed out, then stay at home. Leave your job. It doesn't sound like you are under military orders. Coming here to shame others or trumpet your sacrifice does not speak well of you, if you are what you claim to be. It definitely doesn't sound like a practicing doctor, as you claim to be.

An actual medical professional must have studied a little psychology, and dealt with individual patient reactions (or over-reactions, for example, to a sprained ankle) to what in reality may be trivial physical malady. There is a thing called empathy, which is appropriate for those with physical issues and psychological issues. If you don't understand that point - that people think and feel things differently from one another - then I submit you are in the wrong profession.

There are many in this world suffering more greatly than you (people die horribly in poverty everyday - I doubt you can make that claim), so disclaim your notion that this event affects only you and demonstrate the empathy that any real medical professional should have been trained to display. This temporary event (this is not the end of days, it is a virus), whether weeks or months in duration, would be much easier for all if more people could do that.

Are you really trying to compare his Tom Brady “depression” to actual depression? Give me a break, dude.

“He’s battling with depression” No,he is not.

You don't know what he's battling with. He did say he's been in AA, so like all of us he's got his demons to battle with. Unlike all of us, he's talking about it. This isn't an either/or problem, where either his concerns can be expressed, or yours can be. There's plenty of room for both.

I recognize that you and your wife are on the front lines of this, and greatly appreciate it, especially after you described what she's going through. My wife is risking her health going to work to provide public services as well, albeit not as much danger as yours is in. I wish you nothing but good fortune, and relief from the danger and stress.

Quite frankly, I expected this and there are other, more important matters I am dealing with.

Net, net. He left. BB didn't want him and I no longer care.

On to 2020.

Hope you are well and that things resolve themselves. Some of your more recent conversations here have appeared to indicate you are under some stress, causing me to wonder how you are doing in general. You've got a huge presence in this space, as you know, so it matters in a number of ways. Best to you and family.

So many other important issues other than Brady depression. Brady moved on, so far as I am concerned, I have moved on from Brady's departure. The virus has my attention and my personal health.

Reactions: sb1
I know we’ve talked about this ad nauseum but I’m still tripping. I dislike Tom Brady leaving. How are all of you guys dealing?
I ask because I’m not liking this kibble
I find I am ambivalent along with an excitement for the team building that will occur over the next two years. Strangely with Brady, I find subconciously that I am no longer interested in him. It's not a conscious thing, it just seemed to happen. I don't want or need to hear about him. I appreciate him, I will watch his games with interest if the Pats aren't on, as I do with Jimmy G. But he is no longer a part of the team that I am invested in. I wish him luck, expect him to be motivated and do well if his lower body holds up. I say two years because I believe 2020 is a cap reset still thinking we can be competitive with a competent quarterback, a big if, and 2021 becoming the building block of the future teams. So no depression here. I even changed my photo or avatar or whatever that is. LET'S GO!!!! (can I still say that?)

Hope you are well and that things resolve themselves. Some of your more recent conversations here have appeared to indicate you are under some stress, causing me to wonder how you are doing in general. You've got a huge presence in this space, as you know, so it matters in a number of ways. Best to you and family.
I'm fine man. Thanks for asking. Hope you are ok as well.

I think everyone is under stress at some level. Overall I'm good. Fam is good. Dog was really sick last week and my in-warranty hot water tank caught fire earlier this week (now replaced).

Just trying to make sure my folks (in their 70s) with some immune-deficiency issues don't do something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes