PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Loss Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 19 years(my awareness period) of Tom Brady I can't just turn off the perpetual buzz of what he meant to me as a fan of the Patriots. So now I find myself just as interested in his success as I am for the Patriots success. So I guess any depression is tempered by knowing he's still playing and since he's in the NFC I can root just as hard for him there as I rootvfor the Patriots in the AFC. I'm not sure how I'll feel when they play each other. The probable schizophrenia diagnosis coming is a little scary for me.:oops:

I wish him well but absolutely not at our expense. I hope the Patriots beat the tar out of Tampa Tommy if he ever plays against us. Next time I cheer for him will be on his retirement.

EFF BRADY

I wish him well but absolutely not at our expense. I hope the Patriots beat the tar out of Tampa Tommy if he ever plays against us. Next time I cheer for him will be on his retirement.
Why do you hope the Patriots beat the tar out of them....because Brady is with them now

Why do you hope the Patriots beat the tar out of them....because Brady is with them now

I’m a Patriots fan and Brady is the enemy now. He’s the same to me now as Mahomes and every other QB on other teams. I hope the Pats kick the tar out of every team they play.

Last edited:
Patsgofor4, this is a sports thread. And we just happened to lose a sports icon. In times like these, this is a pleasant distraction. Who are we to say if O.P. was depressed or not? Geez.

I'm not upset he left. Or crushed. The man (Along with BB) turned the Pats into a storied franchise. So many great memories. I do not believe his legacy will be tarnished by the next two years. My hope is he wins a SB. Albeit not against the Pats.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened".

I’m a Patriots fan and Brady is the enemy now. He’s the same to me now as Mahomes and every other QB on other teams. I hope the Pats kick the tar out of every team they play.
I can get that you'd want the Pats to beat every team they play but sheesh, after all you or least most of us got out of a Brady led team over 20 years you'd separate him from Mahomes or other rivals qbs.

When he started, he was one of us. 6th rounder, no one respected, the whole chip on the shoulder thing. Somewhere along the line, he became bigger than life. Jet setting to Costa Rica, playing catch on yachts in Monaco during F1 weeks... chit like that. He's just... he's not one of us anymore.

I don't know how to say this without somehow sounding ungrateful...
Somewhere along the line (recently) Brady became unlikable to me.
I'm country and outdoorsy and some of his meterosexual stuff was cringeworthy to me. The man purse, the man bun, etc, but, to each his own.

Looking back I think of a wide open Chris Hogan being completely blown off and sitting on the bench alone, like he was being frozen out.
Whining about not being chosen for player of the week (if you can believe BSPN).
Finally admitting he only likes to throw to vets. Rookies run the wrong routes. It happens. There's no reason to blow them off for the rest of the game.
The AB pout/fiasco.
I wanted to believe it was BB's decision to keep Brady instead of Garoppolo, not an owner intervention. I'm not so sure now.

It has been a fantastic run and we have been playing with house chips for a long time, but like a bad relationship, or a crappy job I feel like it has run it's course and it was time for both parties to move on.
Somehow we should have known the combination of BB's ruthlessness and Brady's ego/competitiveness was going to end up with Brady wearing another uniform.

I personally am excited to see what BB can do in the post Brady era.
We've seen him make chicken salad from chicken manure before and I'm sure he can do it again.
A few down years may thin the herd a little as far as the number of sincere fans goes.

Mahomes is pretty good but Is not on Brady’s level. Sure, he can run an throw but come see me once he’s been in nine super bowls

Escapism is important, absolutely. Why do you think I come to the site? I haven’t criticized a single post because of what is going on until now.

There is a difference between “Free agent possibilities for the Pats” and “I’ve written about how depressed I am about Tom Brady leaving ad nauseam in other thread and I realize that people are dying right now but here’s a new thread about my Tom Brady depression and how we can all get through this”

If you think that my post was self-important you’re a moron, Comrade, but now that you mention it, we are pretty f*cking important, especially people like my wife and her colleagues/coworkers. Hopefully, you will never have to find out how important. It is sad that it has taken a pandemic for some to regain respect for healthcare workers.

Show of hands…how many people on the site still have N95 masks that you don’t need sitting in a drawer (maybe you work in construction or as a handyman or were one of the people who irresponsibly cleaned out Lowes and Home Depot last month) but haven’t donated to a local hospital. How about your family and friends? If you do maybe it’s time to do the right thing.

so if a construction guy has 3 N95’s sitting in his glove compartment, he should drive to his local ED and donate them.
How about 1 box.
Are we allowing said construction worker to work during this time? If so, should he give you and your wife the 2 and keep 1 for himself?
I’m the first to say @Soliel has has issues since the great state of OHIO touched him the wrong way...but give the guy a break.

From what I've seen, the whole country locked themselves inside.
I can report from Texas that lots of troublemaker youths are out playing basketball, biking, and having way too much fun for the apocalypse. I almost envy them... but I want to live.

Escapism is important, absolutely. Why do you think I come to the site? I haven’t criticized a single post because of what is going on until now.

There is a difference between “Free agent possibilities for the Pats” and “I’ve written about how depressed I am about Tom Brady leaving ad nauseam in other thread and I realize that people are dying right now but here’s a new thread about my Tom Brady depression and how we can all get through this”

If you think that my post was self-important you’re a moron, Comrade, but now that you mention it, we are pretty f*cking important, especially people like my wife and her colleagues/coworkers. Hopefully, you will never have to find out how important. It is sad that it has taken a pandemic for some to regain respect for healthcare workers.

Show of hands…how many people on the site still have N95 masks that you don’t need sitting in a drawer (maybe you work in construction or as a handyman or were one of the people who irresponsibly cleaned out Lowes and Home Depot last month) but haven’t donated to a local hospital. How about your family and friends? If you do maybe it’s time to do the right thing.

Dude, calm down. You don’t get to decide what makes people sad. Brady and the Patriots have been a rock for many of us for two decades. Frankly, I grew up with Patriots, I grew up with Brady, and I grew up going to games with my dad. Moving away across the country, alone, in the last several years, the Patriots have been a source of pride in where I came from- as silly as that sounds. They’ve been that little slice of home that I haven’t been able to get anywhere else. To see it all come to an end with Brady as unceremoniously as it did (and, make no mistake, going to Tampa Bay is as unceremonious as it gets) is jarring and it stings and it hurts.

Now more than maybe ever, people need an outlet and that’s not going to be there for us ever again.

By the way, I too am a physician- a resident going into a field on the frontlines of this pandemic. I have worked nearly 400 hours the last four weeks. On Tuesday, I start a two week rotation in the ED in one of the busiest emergency rooms in America. My fiancé is in danger of losing her job and we’ve had to postpone our wedding and cancel our honeymoon. Every night I worry I’m going to bring COVID home and get her or her family sick. Don’t tell me what I can get sad about.

Last edited:
I'm country and outdoorsy and some of his meterosexual stuff was cringeworthy to me. The man purse, the man bun, etc, but, to each his own.

Looking back I think of a wide open Chris Hogan being completely blown off and sitting on the bench alone, like he was being frozen out.
Whining about not being chosen for player of the week (if you can believe BSPN).
Finally admitting he only likes to throw to vets. Rookies run the wrong routes. It happens. There's no reason to blow them off for the rest of the game.
The AB pout/fiasco.
I wanted to believe it was BB's decision to keep Brady instead of Garoppolo, not an owner intervention. I'm not so sure now.

It has been a fantastic run and we have been playing with house chips for a long time, but like a bad relationship, or a crappy job I feel like it has run it's course and it was time for both parties to move on.
Somehow we should have known the combination of BB's ruthlessness and Brady's ego/competitiveness was going to end up with Brady wearing another uniform.

We've seen him make chicken salad from chicken manure before and I'm sure he can do it again.
A few down years may thin the herd a little as far as the number of sincere fans goes.
dead on the money.

Honestly I dont think too many people have thrown the proper fit over this.

Blame covid, blame in bill we trust or whatever but this has flew so far under the radar that the Patriots have got off free.
There is no blame to be had. BB refused to pay a 43 yr old QB with declining skills 50+ million over 2 years. If he had, I would have been disappointed. In BB I trust.

The AB pout/fiasco.

Yup. Brady was always a different kind of guy, it is what it is and I had no problem with that.

For me it was the non stop pouting last year after the AB debacle and that presser was just embarrassing. That was not the Brady I knew and cheered for all these years. Makes me think he is all about pushing his brand and that’s the real reason why he was salty about losing his “weapons”. So...he can do all of that somewhere else now.

I wish him well but I will not be cheering for him to win a ring.

I have said for years that if he played for another team, I would 100% hate him. Whining about phantom flags, ranting at refs, the Captain America persona, the endless winning. But he was ours and there was no one like him.

When he started, he was one of us. 6th rounder, no one respected, the whole chip on the shoulder thing. Somewhere along the line, he became bigger than life. Jet setting to Costa Rica, playing catch on yachts in Monaco during F1 weeks... chit like that. He's just... he's not one of us anymore.

And those moments of arrogance. They didn’t come from nowhere. Isolating rookies and sticking to his vets. And of course... “17 points? Haw haw haw that‘s it?” and “maybe they should read the rule book lolz”. Neither of those things ended well for the Pats.

I doubt it will be that hard to cheer for him to never win a SB ring again.

And those moments of arrogance. They didn’t come from nowhere. Isolating rookies and sticking to his vets. And of course... “17 points? Haw haw haw that‘s it?” and “maybe they should read the rule book lolz”. Neither of those things ended well for the Pats.

I doubt it will be that hard to cheer for him to never win a SB ring again.
I'm not there, not yet anyway. I'm not saying I won't get there, mind you, with him shilling TB12 water bottles and posting pics of the kids jet skiing. It's just not a good look, IMO.

Reactions: sb1
I'm not there, not yet anyway. I'm not saying I won't get there, mind you, with him shilling TB12 water bottles and posting pics of the kids jet skiing. It's just not a good look, IMO.

Yep. A celebrity more than a QB.

I started out as angry at BB, Kraft and the entire team. I then slipped quietly into acceptance. After that I was kind of , for a lack of a better word, anticipating a new season. But now, after all the stories, I am at the FTB stage! I am sick of hearing about TB and all his interactions. Sick of the Bucs news sick of the whole F'n thing. Still love TB, but enough is enough already.

If some of you only knew what some posters on here have done in real life. Trust me. You wouldn’t defend them for a second

I have this condition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back