PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Last 22 Playoff games 27 INTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the 2011 Super Bowl and the 2013 AFC Championship qualify as playing great? His passer ratings were 91.1 and 93.9. He lost both those games.

Bottom line, he needs to stop turning the ball over. No excuses anymore, the rest of the defenses left are dog poo.

You need to stop posting here and call in to the Squeaky and Douche show. I'm sure they'll love your take.

"Hey Felcher...Brady is a Turnover machine in the playoffs.....guh guh "

"He's right Mike"

Not only that, but the "turnover machine" had 2 INTs on 56 attempts in that Broncos game. He had 2 INTs on 50 attempts in the SB the year before, in a game where pretty much everyone agrees that he was great.

That's a great point Deus. Both #1 Defenses. Not only #1 but historically great defenses.

That's a great point Deus. Both #1 Defenses. Not only #1 but historically great defenses.

Yeah, but that's context, and TennisBallHead seems constitutionally incapable of grasping the importance of that.

Deus Irae, is that like how you claimed the 2014 Patriots were a culmination of Belichick's mistakes?

The numbers and points scored don't lie. Brady hasn't elevated his game in the playoffs lately save for 2014. He's been average at best overall.

Yeah, but that's context, and TennisBallHead seems constitutionally incapable of grasping the importance of that.

Bizarre logic in that one.

Does the 2011 Super Bowl and the 2013 AFC Championship qualify as playing great? His passer ratings were 91.1 and 93.9. He lost both those games.

God no. Took a safety on the first play plus a 4th quarter pick, and also overthrew Welker with 4 minutes left. 2013 was a bunch of 4th quarter stat padding with the Broncos playing conservative.

God no. Took a safety on the first play plus a 4th quarter pick, and also overthrew Welker with 4 minutes left. 2013 was a bunch of 4th quarter stat padding with the Broncos playing conservative.

"Overthrew" Welker by hitting him right in the hands.

You guys seriously have 1st world football problems ;) (And I say that as a guy who's a fan of a team with -- relatively speaking -- first world football problems.)

Even the greatest QBs are going to have bad statistical games sprinkled in during the playoffs. It's particularly true for Brady who I believe has played in more than any other QB in history (?) Play enough games, and you're going to run into some buzzsaws. All things considered, 27 INTs in 22 games is nothing to be concerned about; it just means you're fortunate enough to regularly playing deep enough into the playoffs to hit some great defenses.

I got a chuckle out of "his last 22 playoff games". That total *by itself* is more than playoff starts of almost all other QBs in NFL history...and that's only a portion of the playoff games Brady's played! What most fanbases wouldn't give to have their QB simply play in a quarter of that total...bottom line, a good time to be a Patriots fan!

But Drew Brees vs SF threw 2 interceptions and had a 93.5 rating and he was outstanding?

Playing on a comfy lead, which we do often during the regular season, let's you not taking risky throws.

Games in the playoffs are always close. Errant throws are more expected.

Brady has had to face some serious defenses during his playoff runs and usually in harsh winter conditions.. so its not surprising that his numbers wouldn't be as good and that he would throw a greater number of picks

He also typically does not have 2 bad games in a row.. and the Steelers are no where near in the same class defensively as Houston is

Obviously context is hugely important.

Having said that, I do feel that Brady has a tendency to get overhyped for playoff games.

The first pass of the game in the Super Bowl against the Giants.. threw the strangest pass for a safety.. A strange play that I have never seeen Brady replicate.

What is important to note is how many of these teams that Brady has had at the end of the season or into the playoffs.. were extremely banged up. Missing key guys or O line injuries.. or sub par O line play. BUT last years AFC Championship at Denver that INT to Von Miller was another head scratcher and a critical play. Brady deserves some of the blame but going deep into the playoffs almost every year and not having the weapons to over come your opponent, has certainly effected some of Brady's decisions. It just takes 1 bad throw to lose a big game.

Also, dunno if this is a troll thread per se....

but it was discussed heavily today by Squeaky and the Douche. So....

o_O

How can it be a troll thread if its true? Brady hasn't been as good in the playoffs, and some of it has been on him. Not all of it.

The first pass of the game in the Super Bowl against the Giants.. threw the strangest pass for a safety.. A strange play that I have never seeen Brady replicate.

What is important to note is how many of these teams that Brady has had at the end of the season or into the playoffs.. were extremely banged up. Missing key guys or O line injuries.. or sub par O line play. BUT last years AFC Championship at Denver that INT to Von Miller was another head scratcher and a critical play. Brady deserves some of the blame but going deep into the playoffs almost every year and not having the weapons to over come your opponent, has certainly effected some of Brady's decisions. It just takes 1 bad throw to lose a big game.

That first pass during that SB was the first time I've seen that called intentional grounding.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Deus Irae, is that like how you claimed the 2014 Patriots were a culmination of Belichick's mistakes?

I didn't make that claim. Care to try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST