PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Last 22 Playoff games 27 INTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take a look at Brady's last few games:

Using Weighted DVOA :

Texans - ranked #8 Def - 2 TD's / 2 INT's

Denver - ranked #1 Def - 4 TD's /2 INT's (Crappy O line performance)
KC - ranked #2 Def - 2 TD's / 0 INT's

Seattle - ranked #1 Def - 4 TD's / 2 INT's (Fantastic game)
IND - ranked #11 Def - 3 TD's / 1 INT (Bye week)
Balt - ranked #12 Def - 3 TD's / 1 INT (Fantastic game. Two 14 point comebacks with an Edelman TD pass)

Denver - ranked #10 Def - 1 TD / 0 INT
IND - ranked #19 Def - 0 TD / 0 INT

Balt - Ranked #22 Def - 1 TD / 2 INT's
Texans - Ranked #5 Def - 3 TD's / 0 INT's

Injuries, O line performance, bad decisions and facing top ranked D's will never show up in the stats.

I went back to see if my hunch about Brady's INT's is right:

Houston - (W) - 2 INT: 1st Q & 3rd Q.

Denver (L) - 2 INT: both 2nd Q.
KC (W) - O INT.

Seattle (W) - 2 INT: 1st Q & 3rd Q (1st possession of the half)
Indy (W) - 1 INT: 2nd Q (very early)
Baltimore (W) - 1 INT: 2nd Q (end of the quarter)

DEN (L) - 0 INT
IND (W) - 0 INT

Baltimore (L) - 2 INT: last two drives of the game
Hou (W) - 0 INT.

Summary: 10 INT in the last 10 playoff games. 7-3 record. Of those 10 INT, 6 were before the half, with another that was right after halftime.

So, if you fudge it a little bit - seems like Brady is more prone to INT's in the 1st half than later in the game. Could be meaningless - could indicate he needs time to fully adjust to what the D is doing / get into the rhythm of the game / whatever other excuse you care to list.

If you want to add points scored in their losses, it gets worse. 13, 34, 14, 13, 21, 17, 13, 16, 18. Seven games in the teens, and those Jets and Broncos (2013) losses were some serious stat padding. Broncos were up 23-3 and took their foot off the gas,while the final Jets TD was scored was with like 30 seconds left.

Stats, points scored. However you look at it, he was not great in any of them.

KC (W) - O INT.

DEN (L) - 0 INT
IND (W) - 0 INT

Hou (W) - 0 INT.

Summary: 10 INT in the last 10 playoff games. 7-3 record. Of those 10 INT, 6 were before the half, with another that was right after halftime.

So, if you fudge it a little bit - seems like Brady is more prone to INT's in the 1st half than later in the game. Could be meaningless - could indicate he needs time to fully adjust to what the D is doing / get into the rhythm of the game / whatever other excuse you care to list.

That is interesting.

KC (W) - O INT.

DEN (L) - 0 INT
IND (W) - 0 INT

Hou (W) - 0 INT.

I think he just lets loose earlier in games and playoff defenses are better at making him pay for it.

In order for the Pats to have any chance of winning, Brady cannot allow even ONE
interception. There is no way that the Pats lose the turnover battle and win the game.

We just won this past weekend.... turnover differential was negative if I'm not mistaken.

Brady: 2.46% INT or 40.70 attempts per INT
Favre: 3.79% INT or 26.37 attempts per INT
Manning: 2.44% INT or 40.92 attempts per INT
Montana: 2.91% INT or 34.33 attempts per INT

Like I said. Context. But when it comes to the mediots and Brady there won't be any. It will just be "he's thrown the most INTs in the playoffs"

Numbers don't always equal level of play.

I don't remember what the OP actually said but I don't remember any implications that he played badly. Just that he threw a lot of picks.

I don't remember what the OP actually said but I don't remember any implications that he played badly. Just that he threw a lot of picks.

My post wasn't supposed to be a reply to you. I'm experiencing a couple of glitches with the new format.

My comments are mainly directed at the English Patriots of the world who never blame him for anything. It's everyone else's fault.

And sorry, he was not good against Denver last year. Yes, the o-line stunk. But he was a turnover machine once again.

"Yes the O line stunk but....." How does that make sense?

So you went from he was "subpar" last year to "he was not good against Denver"??

Shifting the goal posts.gif

Obviously context is hugely important.

Having said that, I do feel that Brady has a tendency to get overhyped for playoff games.

The difference with Brady is that he can struggle early... even dig himself into a hole with a turnover... but then turn it on late. Last years Broncos game is a perfect example. Turnovers, a missed XP, a Swiss cheese OL, no RBs, and he still brought the Pats to within a 2 point conversion of OT.

I'll take him. :)

Brady unnecessarily forces the ball sometimes if there is pressure coming instead of taking a sack. The easiest example of this was SB 46 when he saw Tuck coming and he ended up throwing that interception to Chase Blackburn.

Also, dunno if this is a troll thread per se....

but it was discussed heavily today by Squeaky and the Douche. So....

o_O

Three games stick out where he was "Just plain bad" : 09 Ravens, 10 Jets, 13 Broncos. Not sure if Texans game qualifies. Maybe if we go back further, would the 03 Titans game count?

"Yes the O line stunk but....." How does that make sense?

So you went from he was "subpar" last year to "he was not good against Denver"??

View attachment 15797

Not only that, but the "turnover machine" had 2 INTs on 56 attempts in that Broncos game. He had 2 INTs on 50 attempts in the SB the year before, in a game where pretty much everyone agrees that he was great.

Bottom line, he needs to stop turning the ball over. No excuses anymore, the rest of the defenses left are dog poo.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore