PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Hand Injury News, Tweets, etc. (Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it in print, and I can't recall the wording well enough to transcribe it, but Curran had a comment that threw some cold water on this.

Basically, it was along the lines of someone saying something along the lines of

"This could be anything from the most minor of injuries to something serious, with major ligament damage and the like"

followed by Curran saying something like "I've been told that it's a hell of a lot closer to the latter".

If anyone can find that, it's definitely something that should be in this thread.

Agreed. If you read all the players' comments, and how on point they were deflecting and pretty much mocking the media's incessant prying, you'd feel better about Brady at this point.

The media sometimes plays our fans like a drum as professional trolls.
BB press conference today not too uplifting.. LOL not that he would give anything away.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet. This doctor is a great follow on Twitter if you didn't know already. His speculation is that Brady will most likely be ok.

I can't find it in print, and I can't recall the wording well enough to transcribe it, but Curran had a comment that threw some cold water on this.

Basically, it was along the lines of someone saying something along the lines of

"This could be anything from the most minor of injuries to something serious, with major ligament damage and the like"

followed by Curran saying something like "I've been told that it's a hell of a lot closer to the latter".

If anyone can find that, it's definitely something that should be in this thread.
Belichick sort of threw cold water on it today as well..

BB press conference today not too uplifting.. LOL not that he would give anything away.

Yeah, I wouldn't read anything either way into Belichick's press conference. It's not like he would be offering up good news if he had it. I'm not necessarily optimistic here, it's definitely a hell of a curveball, but Belichick is just doing what Belichick does.

Although I guess I am a bit optimistic, because the line moving 2 points on this news prompted me to load up on the Pats.

Last edited:
Pre-game warmups will be a strong indicator of what's up with the hand.

Practice at 1230 again?

Judging by the tone of Dion, McCourty and everyone else who's been asked about Brady's injury, not too worried.

And even if it's worst case ligament injury, which I'm sure some sports reporter would have got the scoop by now: Brady played through ligament injury

Dr. Chao's wild theories on phalanges-gate have indeed been much-discussed here. His guesses seem far-fetched in many ways.

Brady will play. But going up against elite defenses any slip in his ability to throw is going to be a big problem.

Brady's played effectively with broken ribs. If it's an issue of managing discomfort I'm not even a little worried. My concern is entirely around the possibility of the injury significantly affecting his mechanics and/or grip strength. If that's not expected to be in play in a huge way, I consider that a win.

Would be my guess as well. From the beginning, it sounded like a true jam job, which I am sure we've all had at one point or another. A little stiffness, annoying, etc, but once the juices get flowing and the game starts, I bet he doesn't even notice it.

Lol.

It is ridiculous to assume one suggested no discussion about the injury to the greatest QB.

If this thread was created - by the owner of this site - to have only news/tweets about the injury, why can't we respect it?

Why assume Ian does not want us discussing it under the many other threads in this subject?

Chill Andy. All good. :)
I’m just talking about reality.

Dr. Chao's wild theories on phalanges-gate have indeed been much-discussed here. His guesses seem far-fetched in many ways.

It's very hard to take a medical opinion seriously if the doctor offering it hasn't examined the patient or reviewed the records.

Recapping some key points with Tom Brady's right hand injury and why missing Thursday's practice is significant.

Brady will play. But going up against elite defenses any slip in his ability to throw is going to be a big problem.

Not if you run the ball more

Video: ESPN analyst Tedy Bruschi shares thoughts on news of Tom Brady's right hand injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe