PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Dealing With Achilles Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to bet the Pats will not be as reckless with Brady as SEA was with Shermanator
Again, my point is that if the Achilles IS partially torn, rest won't help it, only surgery. A player can remain somewhat functional playing on a partially torn Achilles, but once it tears completely it's sayonara season.

Again, my point is that if the Achilles IS partially torn, rest won't help it, only surgery. A player can remain somewhat functional playing on a partially torn Achilles, but once it tears completely it's sayonara season.

Minor to moderate Achilles injuries, including partial tears, can heal on their own.

PRP injections are also an option.

Well the O line will have to protect him even better now.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

d%#*!@t.

I am just hoping it's tendinitis. I haven't heard anything about rupture or partially torn. Basically the season hangs by a thread.

i was afraid of this

knew we should have kept jimmy g

Closest parallel I could find quarterback-wise where a QB took a shot and had an Achilles injury that wasn't season-ending was Ben Roethlisberger back in 2009 when someone caught his foot in preseason, but he recovered and played every game that year:

Steelers hold Roethlisberger out vs. Redskins

His game log for that year:
Ben Roethlisberger: Game Logs at NFL.com

Granted Ben wasn't 40...he was in his late 20's around that time - but it was at least proof that a sore Achilles can heal enough on a QB where it doesn't necessarily end up being a precursor for the end of their season.

Last edited:
On the Mack hit, you can see that after he hits Brady's thigh and his momentum continues to carry him lower, he wraps and continues to fall to the ground. At the beginning of this, you can see a slight hyper-extension of Brady's lower leg as Mack rolls into it. Mack then continues his tackle and twists Brady's leg who goes with it and goes down.

I think the slight hyper-extension would be what caused any damage. It wasn't a major one, but bowed the leg in such a way as to stretch the Achilles.

(Note: Son of a Doctor (OB/GYN) so clearly internet qualified to make this diagnosis).

You’re freaking me out, Tune.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy,

Just had a thought.

This is VERY UNUSUAL. TB has an injury and the injury report isn't defined as: 'nether regions,', ' lower extremities', "leg", or "foot". Instead someone has specifically pinpointed the exact injury.

So, this information is either what escaped through Gisele or else Tom actually suffering from something completely different - a concussion?

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
it's all bad...finally the "Knowers" were right. It's over. We shoulda (insert every harebrained idiotic "knower" take the past year) and then it'd be OK but BB is past his time, Brady is done and the Pats have nothing...it's all bad, everything bad.

it's all bad...finally the "Knowers" were right. It's over. We shoulda (insert every harebrained idiotic "knower" take the past year) and then it'd be OK but BB is past his time, Brady is done and the Pats have nothing...it's all bad, everything bad.

Cliff?

This play aside.. what frustrates me is when not a SINGLE guy on the OL comes over to help Brady up after he gets hit and knocked down. Usually it’s been an “Aw shucks” moment for the guy who allowed the hit/sack and they sort of stand on their own. Hell, there’s been times on camera this year where an official has given Brady a hand.

HELP YOUR G’D DAMNED QB UP.

Another thing... OL need to be enforcers. If someone on D lays a perceived cheap shot on your QB, you better make them pay. Doesn’t necessarily have to be in a way that earns a penalty (although there’s a time for everything).. just show some damn pride and stick up for your guy and team. This goes for those scumbags Alonso and Suh on Sunday.

It was the Mack hit that got penalized. Brady's side of his left ankle gets turned inwards for a moment before Brady falls down. Doesn't look too bad, hard to tell though.

Casual NFL/Pats fan here. It always surprises me that they leave him in for the whole game when it is won. He's 40 years old playing in the key position in the team. Would it not make sense to give him a rest for the 4th quarter, for example, of games that are effectively over as a contest? This has the added benefit of giving valuable gametime to his backup (Hoyer?), so he is ready if called upon later in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results