PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Dealing With Achilles Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone whose damaged their Achilles, its more of a niggling injury if it's a minor one.

If it gets worse then it's one of the worst things I've dealt with. I've had surgery on my left knee twice (ruptured ACL and MCL) Surgery on my left shoulder but never had it on achillies and that is one of the most painful things.

I don't think it's anything to serious but would be good to keep an eye on him.

Someone whose damaged their Achilles, its more of a niggling injury if it's a minor one.

If it gets worse then it's one of the worst things I've dealt with. I've had surgery on my left knee twice (ruptured ACL and MCL) Surgery on my left shoulder but never had it on achillies and that is one of the most painful things.

I don't think it's anything to serious but would be good to keep an eye on him.

Agreed. See Richard Sherman the week leading up to his injury.

They could probably beat the Fins & Bills without TB. Although, I doubt he'd ever agree to sit out a few games. What should the concern level be going forward?

They could probably beat the Fins & Bills without TB. Although, I doubt he'd ever agree to sit out a few games. What should the concern level be going forward?

Worst case ruptures it and that could be his career gone. It's a nasty injury. I imagine they are working through the niggles and a lot of ultrasound on it to improve. I do feel his pain though, been there but never really damaged enough to Warrent a surgery.

It's worth noting I will be scarily surprised if Sherman comes back as a Pro bowler. That injury will effect him an awful lot.

Brady won’t miss the game. Everyone chill. You saw him in the after game celebration, he was his usual happy self, congratulating the other players and smiling. If it was serious, I’m sure he wouldn’t be acting like he did.
He's a warrior. Not a little bisch, or attention whore.

ie, Ben, Rogers, Cam, Watt...etc.

Just my opinion.

Feel free to dislike. One more won't hurt. :)

He's a warrior. Not a little bisch, or attention whore.

ie, Ben, Rogers, Cam, Watt...etc.

Just my opinion.

Feel free to dislike. One more won't hurt. :)

I gave you one and took it away. Maybe the next one will hurt now.

poke.gif

This is the hit:

One play later:

Last play of the drive, last play by Brady:

I really enjoy these clips you guys show.

I appreciate the time you guys spend to find and post these type of things.

I'm not much of a computer guy, so it's cool to get these short cuts, and insight. Thanx.

*On a side note, I've never had an Achilles injury. But from what I've read here, they are very painful and nagging. But if anyone can play through it,... TB!!.

I really enjoy these clips you guys show.

I appreciate the time you guys spend to find and post these type of things.

I'm not much of a computer guy, so it's cool to get these short cuts, and insight. Thanx.

*On a side note, I've never had an Achilles injury. But from what I've read here, they are very painful and nagging. But if anyone can play through it,... TB!!.
They are a *****.

I'm 46 and last year I was fixing a stone wall in my backyard and as I moved a rock I twisted my Achillies funny but continued to do my thing. Next morning it was like I had a knife stuck in my Achilles. I needed about 4 weeks before I could walk without feeling it and run a little. Lots of massage and easy stretching.

Is there such thing as a "minor" Achilles INJURY? Tendinitis might be considered a minor concern. I don't know how an Achilles might be considered "injured" unless it is partially torn, and a partially torn Achilles tendon on Brady literally puts this season hanging by a thread. Perhaps someone with better knowledge of this particular part of the human anatomy can offer a hypothetical that doesn't cast an Achilles injury as damn serious. Hope it's not his right (plant) foot.

Last edited:
Could it be a strain?
It could. The fact he is playing leads me to think it is very minor and not something that is a serious, long term concern.

It could. The fact he is playing leads me to think it is very minor and not something that is a serious, long term concern.
Or it could be that rest simply won't do it any good. Richard Sherman was in that situation just days ago, playing with a partial tear hoping it would hold up. It didn't and he's out for the season.

If it's tendinosis then don't be surprised if he's in a walking book on the off days to take pressure off the tendon

Let Hoyer start the game - Brady will be there if needed.

Or it could be that rest simply won't do it any good. Richard Sherman was in that situation just days ago, playing with a partial tear hoping it would hold up. It didn't and he's out for the season.
I'm willing to bet the Pats will not be as reckless with Brady as SEA was with Shermanator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back