PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT BGC 2021 Pre-Draft/Patriot-Type Prospect(s) thread

I heard Kiper say this morning that he heard that Jones to San Fran was done...interesting because San Fran is going to be at Fields pro day today.
You're forgetting that once April hits, Not everything is to be believed. Just because San Fran sent people there doesn't mean they did so because of interest. They could have done it to confirm their disinterest.

I'm firmly in the Fields to SF camp. I have him as QB2. Kyle is sick of Jimmy - the falling apart under pressure - injuries/maybe a perceived lack of toughness? I won't believe Jones until it happens. Lance to Atl makes sense if they'll bite that bullet (lot of $ in the QB position, Ryan's dead $) he can sit for a year if they want. That might be it on those two.

You're forgetting that once April hits, Not everything is to be believed. Just because San Fran sent people there doesn't mean they did so because of interest. They could have done it to confirm their disinterest.
Or, if the Jets or even the Jags take their guy, to better make their decision. Whoever they have in mind might not be there at 3, no matter what the experts say.

.Here is the thing if it came to any WR vs Parsons. You go with Parsons EVERY time. You go with the player who can make and impact on EVERY defensive play. the problem with every WR no matter how great is that 99% can be defended and minimized, The pats have proven over the years that is a COMBINATION of decent receivers make an offense go. THe
I would go with Parsons over Smith and Waddle, but not over Chase. I generally agree with your premise but IMO Chase is a special player, I would take Chase and Pitts, but neither will make it past #6, beyond that I would take Parsons and Paye over the other receivers, and take a receiver later in the draft, especially if they can get their QB in the 2nd round.

So I don't "rank" prospects like most normal people. I put them through a scale which gives me a grade. A guy like Lance would never score that high bc he's only played a season. I've built-in risk mitigation to not get caught going crazy over guys with little experience, "one hit wonders" some might say.

Most get caught up in the hype, their rankings change every week or when the big shots chime in. I put them through a scale and let the grades speak for themselves.
Gotcha. Thanks man

Jones, Mond or Mills will be excellent value in the later rounds based off these neckalytic projections.
It's definitely an interesting correlation, but I'm more interested in who are the pencil necks that made a NFL team with a 14 inch neck...and are they currently paralyzed or worse.

Last edited:
It's definitely an interesting correlation, but I'm more interested in who are the pencil necks that made an NFL team with a 14 inch neck...and are they currently paralyzed or worse.

Pretty sure none of the numbers are real. It's just for entertainment purposes.

Shanahan starting already ??

@BaconGrundleCandy - what difference does that make for a QB? To me, if a right handed QB starts with his right leg back, he's subtly closing off his view of his blindside. With the Left Leg back, he's forced to view that blind side because of body position.

But I am curious as to what Shanahan's thinking is on it.

@BaconGrundleCandy - what difference does that make for a QB? To me, if a right handed QB starts with his right leg back, he's subtly closing off his view of his blindside. With the Left Leg back, he's forced to view that blind side because of body position.

I suppose it factors into the timing of drops. Depending on which foot you start with, the amount of steps and depth you get in the pocket may change your timing for planting the backfoot and throwing, or for taking a hitch step, etc. I'm not sure what Shanahan prefers and why, but I'm curious if it would change depending on route combinations and where you're trying to attack on the field.

I haven't been following this thread at all, so this may already have been covered, but I saw this tidbit of information and thought I'd post if for y'all.

I haven't been following this thread at all, so this may already have been covered, but I saw this tidbit of information and thought I'd post if for y'all.

Perfect timing! We're discussing it on this page, actually. The reason it's getting attention is because Fields switched to the stance that Shanahan prefers. Notable? Sure. Predictive of the Niner's draft plans? Not likely (unless it is, and then we'll all take credit for seeing it coming, thanks to this eagle-eyed tweet).

I thought Brady switched to a square stance this year because the Bucs center was prone to errant snaps.

I suppose it factors into the timing of drops. Depending on which foot you start with, the amount of steps and depth you get in the pocket may change your timing for planting the backfoot and throwing, or for taking a hitch step, etc. I'm not sure what Shanahan prefers and why, but I'm curious if it would change depending on route combinations and where you're trying to attack on the field.
Better vision looking over the field - more efficient, esp for quick, in breaking stuff. A lot of it depends on what you're running but for a righty I think it's a lil more efficient.

Real answer lol ...
Fields & Lance have been working with Kyle's buddy that runs 3DQB (QB movements, mechanics) so he's definitely getting it behind the scenes.

Not sure if someone has started a new thread but I am hearing BB has stated in his pre draft interview that Matt Patricia has been / is heavily involved in the personnel process ....anyone got the interview yet ????

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back