PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first quickly looked at this post, I thought finally you were willing to put your arrogance and stubbornness aside and finally listen to an argument. I quickly realized you were just being closed minded and putting words in my mouth yet again to try to mock me because you have no response.

First why not take my post in context and not assign meaning that I never implied nor stated? Second, why not actually debate my post rather than post snarky comments? Personally, I don't think you have it in you to actually debate the issue.
Your very first reaction was what I was hoping for. Thanks for telling me. I feel satisfied. Lol

I haven't spent a nanosecond trying to debate your silly 2001 endless posts. Your "Bill could've won with an avg QB" nonsense is meaningless. It's a hypothetical argument not worth having. Who cares? Fact is Tom F*king Brady won the MVP in that SB and the rest of his career clearly shows how that was the beginning of a consistently long, extraordinary and unparalleled career. The rest is minutiae.

Rob, seriously you clearly have your opinion. Nobody's going to convince you otherwise. I respect that. It's the offseason and I'm not taking a lot of this stuff seriously.

Your very first reaction was what I was hoping for. Thanks for telling me. I feel satisfied. Lol

I haven't spent a nanosecond trying to debate your silly 2001 endless posts. Your "Bill could've won with an avg QB" nonsense is meaningless. It's a hypothetical argument not worth having. Who cares? Fact is Tom F*king Brady won the MVP in that SB and the rest of his career clearly shows how that was the beginning of a consistently long, extraordinary and unparalleled career. The rest is minutiae.

Rob, seriously you clearly have your opinion. Nobody's going to convince you otherwise. I respect that. It's the offseason and I'm not taking a lot of this stuff seriously.

I am glad you didn't try to debate with me about something I never said and keep on saying I did. I don't care if you are taking this seriously or not. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Irony. Writ large. I have a very open mind and see things as they are as opposed to seeing things through blue and silver glasses. It makes no sense for two reasons: 1) one had to happen for the other to happen, and 2) you’re ignoring intangibles when it comes to Brady. His work ethic, his verbal leadership, being turnover adverse. All of those things were the difference between another losing season and a title.

Remind me again, was their record under Bill before Mo Lewis? What was their record after? Yeah... he was the biggest piece to the puzzle. The quarterback on the team usually is. You’d think one would know this by now, having watched the GOAT for two decades and now watching the team stumble around in the dark turning over every stone looking for one. That team doesn’t sniff the playoffs or the Super Bowl without Brady coming in. That 2001 squad was very vocal about that. You probably were in the past as well. But now Brady is gone so it’s a smear campaign.

LMAO. The coach is never more important than the players. The guy you’re saying was more important had a good quote on that...

“Coaches don't win games, players do. Players don't lose games, coaches do.”

How exactly am I ignoring Brady's work ethic when I have many times defended my point that Brady wasn't immediately elite and did so over time because he worked harder than everyone else to improve himself. And I recognized all his other attributes even if I didn't specifically mentioned them saying Brady always had the tools to be elite but needed several years to put them together. Stop claiming I don't recognize Brady's elite talents. I think he is the greatest of all time and after Bruschi is my favorite Patriot of all time.

And I don't give a **** about Belichick's record before Brady. Different situations and Belichick, like Brady, needed to grow to become elite. This a weak argument.

And I don't care what Belichick said about coaches don't win games. Those are platitudes. If coaches don't win games, why pay Belichick or Carroll or whoever the top paid coaches are if you can just assemble a vastly talented team and put any Joe Smoe in as the head coach and contend and win Super Bowls? This isn't the NBA. And Belichick really believed that, his defensive game plan for Super Bowl 36 wouldn't be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame right now. Why would he let his game plan be in the Hall when he believes it had nothing to do with winning?

For a time there Eli was elite every other year.

Eli had a great run in the playoffs in the 2007 season, but he was never elite.

Arians takes yet another dig at BB. Says he managed Brady and Gronk better by giving them days off, something they’ve never had before.

Well BB is known for chanting like a sociopath "No Days Off!" to a bunch of blue collar workers during the SB victory parade lol

Well BB is known for chanting like a sociopath "No Days Off!" to a bunch of blue collar workers during the SB victory parade lol
Bill mismanaged Gronk pretty badly his entire career by not getting any talent to surround him once AH was gone.

2015 Denver playoff scored 5 offensive tds 0 def/st tds
2001 patriots 3 offensive 3 def/st
Not comparable at all. Two different eras of the game.

Well that’s obviously an exaggeration but it is hard to find a SB winner where d/sts contributed more and offense contributed less in their playoff run that the 2001 patriots.
They don't get by the Raiders without a good offensive game.

2015 Denver playoff scored 5 offensive tds 0 def/st tds
2001 patriots 3 offensive 3 def/st
2015 DEN in playoffs:
D/ST - 13 ppg
O - 9.3 ppg (2 P TDs / 2 R TDs)

Defense allowed 14.7 ppg

This is all platitude BS. You are elite based on your play on the field. You sound like Eddie Andelman with his "Bledsoe has 'it'" crap.
Wrong. Intangibles and influence on other player performance is a very large part of a teams success. Rogers numbers were off the charts. He sucks at being a Brady type influence. That eraces a lot of his personal performance. You are the narrow minded one. Im done with brick walls. Bye

Well that as well as a fortunate ruling in our favor and the most legendary FG kick ever.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
No one said the offense did nothing. Just that the defense and special teams carried a bigger load. It’s not really debatable.

Wrong. Intangibles and influence on other player performance is a very large part of a teams success. Rogers numbers were off the charts. He sucks at being a Brady type influence. That eraces a lot of his personal performance. You are the narrow minded one. Im done with brick walls. Bye

Thanks for sparing more of this even though Brady didn't play like an elite QB in 2001, he was elite because of his DNA BS.

No one said the offense did nothing. Just that the defense and special teams carried a bigger load. It’s not really debatable.
Defense was helped out significantly by the blizzard. The offense put up 300 yards in the second half and 13 unanswered points including the game tying drive and the game winning drive in O.T. That game IMO was won more by the offense especially considering the ridiculous weather conditions and Adam's insane kick.

Because there was a defensive TD scored in the SB.
Right. And there were two special teams TDs in the AFCCG. That is where he came up with 3 offensive TDs and 3 defensive and special teams TD. Again, where was he wrong?

2015 DEN in playoffs:
D/ST - 13 ppg
O - 9.3 ppg (2 P TDs / 2 R TDs)

Defense allowed 14.7 ppg
That is not correct.
the defense and special teams did not score in that post season. All 5 TDs were scored by the offense, you missed an offensive fumble recovery TD.

The 2001 Patriot d 15.3 but also scored a td, and the special teams added 2 more.
I’ll take allowing 47 and scoring on a pick 6 as superior to allowing 44 and not scoring on a pick 6.

EDIT Denver score 4 offensive TD and 1 defensive TD.
That is still more offensive TDs and fewer d/st tds than the 01 pats.

Last edited:
One was before offense was opened up thanks to Bill Polian's rule changes and the other was after. What's the confusion?

They don't get to the Super Bowl without Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back