PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick criticism mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is the Patriot way and the dynasty is over. Belichick is exposed.

This is not a Danny Amendola burner account.
The culture that evolved into "The Patriot Way" was being set up before Brady got there. Guys like McGinest and Bruschi were setting the standards. But Brady came to represent all that outsiders thought it meant, because he became the face of the team.

Brady became the system, but Brady was not the Patriot way.

You haven't been reading carefully.

There are dozens of posters who point to BBs record with CLE and here w/o Brady and say he sucks without Tom.
I don't think the point they are making with that example is that he sucks, but that he isn't some mythical coach.

Bill is still clearly a genius coach. When you see his time management skills alone it separates him from coaches like Andy Reid.

Bill still has his flaws, like when he benched Butler for the Superbowl vs the Eagles, but he was the perfect HC for Brady and they are GOAT duo forever.

There are dozens of posters who point to BBs record with CLE and here w/o Brady and say he sucks without Tom.
His record w/o Tom is .462 which is similar to Joe Philbin's .464 but better than the .453 by Kyle Shanahan, who's considered a whizz kid. Please ignoreTed Marchibroda's .470 (upstater1 says he's a bad & poor coach). LMAO

20210305_204222.jpg

He, uh, kind of has. If he didn’t, his record without Brady wouldn’t be a losing one. But Walsh didn’t win without Montana either. That’s because the QB is light years more important than the coach to the team. We saw that just this past season.

Not that another thread is warranted, but I would be interested in seeing a pure poll thread with this as the poll.

#1 Those who think Bill is still the GOAT coach without question.

#2 Bill is still one of the greatest coaches ever and debatablely the best. Think Montana before Brady arrived.

#3 Bill is a HOF coach but not one of the GOATs.

#4 Bill is a hack coach who lucked into having Brady for his QB otherwise he would have been nothing more than a great DC who failed at being a HC.

#5 Ray Lewis killed a guy and since Bill would have drafted him had he remained the HC of the Browns/Ravens he would have been an accessory to murder.

I think most fans on this board would vote for option #1 or #2, with maybe a few #3. Anyone who would vote #4 would be nothing more than a troll IMO.

His record w/o Tom is .462 which is similar to Joe Philbin's .464 but better than the .453 by Kyle Shanahan, who's considered a whizz kid. Please ignoreTed Marchibroda's .470 (upstater1 says he's a bad & poor coach). LMAO

View attachment 30924
************. An astronaut has a better winning percentage than Bill does without Brady. Pathetic.

He, uh, kind of has. If he didn’t, his record without Brady wouldn’t be a losing one. But Walsh didn’t win without Montana either. That’s because the QB is light years more important than the coach to the team. We saw that just this past season.
Exactly. Bill not winning because he didn't/doesn't have a good to great QB means nothing.

The players on the field make the biggest impact, the coaches just help set them up for success, which Bill did for Brady most/all seasons.

6 Superbowl wins with Brady.

No one is saying Bill sucks as a coach. Before Brady left a lot of fans thought Brady benefited the most from having Bill as his HC and people would say, well if Peyton/Rodgers/Wilson pick any QB had Bill they would have won more.

When Brady went to the Bucs some fans on this board laughed at Brady and thought he would be obscure and hurt his legacy.

Brady winning a superbowl his first year with a HC that people said was not good enough to win a Superbowl proved how much of the GOAT Brady is.

Bill rightfully has taken a hit because his ego allowed him to let the GOAT leave.

If Bill can't win a superbowl without Brady then he no longer deserves to be considered the GOAT HC. He will still be in the conversation for it, but saying he clearly is the GOAT doesn't apply. Bill Walsh, Chuck Knoll, Joe Gibbs and others remain in the conversation unless Bill does it without Brady.

I agree with all but the last paragraph. Gibbs is the anomaly. All the others didn't win without their HOF QB either.

Brady has changed the argument. No doubt. And even though I've always considered Brady as special and the greatest of all time what he did last season boggles my mind. Unbelievable. He changed his and Bill's legacy in one season. But the fact remains that he and Bill lasted twenty years and went to nine Super Bowls together. That has never happened. It was special. It lasted six years longer than any other Duo in NFL history.

I don't think Brady, to this extent, happens without BB. BB chose to carry him as a fourth QB. BB spent time with Brady teaching him how to read the defense. Brady was the ultimate student. BB chose Brady over Bledsoe when Bledsoe was again healthy. That was a big deal back then.

Anyway BB established a culture before Brady arrived, Brady lived it, enhanced it and brought it down to Tampa Bay.

The divorce TB and BB went through was just an ending to a wealth of man cave stuffing level of success. No man cave in the world could match a Patriot fan's cave. We'd have to rent space in a Jete fan's basement to display all of our shyt.

BB is still the greatest just as Walsh, etc etc are considered.

Brady changed the argument but I disagree with what you imply the argument is. It should be how much credit should we give to all of the "greatest" coaches.

View attachment 30924

Booooo

************. An astronaut has a better winning percentage than Bill does without Brady. Pathetic.
At least he's got a better record than Tony Soprano. Lmao

At least he's got a better record than Tony Soprano. Lmao
oh my god omg GIF by Schitt's Creek

I agree with all but the last paragraph. Gibbs is the anomaly. All the others didn't win without their HOF QB either.

Brady has changed the argument. No doubt. And even though I've always considered Brady as special and the greatest of all time what he did last season boggles my mind. Unbelievable. He changed his and Bill's legacy in one season. But the fact remains that he and Bill lasted twenty years and went to nine Super Bowls together. That has never happened. It was special. It lasted six years longer than any other Duo in NFL history.

I don't think Brady, to this extent, happens without BB. BB chose to carry him as a fourth QB. BB spent time with Brady teaching him how to read the defense. Brady was the ultimate student. BB chose Brady over Bledsoe when Bledsoe was again healthy. That was a big deal back then.

Anyway BB established a culture before Brady arrived, Brady lived it, enhanced it and brought it down to Tampa Bay.

The divorce TB and BB went through was just an ending to a wealth of man cave stuffing level of success. No man cave in the world could match a Patriot fan's cave. We'd have to rent space in a Jete fan's basement to display all of our shyt.

BB is still the greatest just as Walsh, etc etc are considered.

Brady changed the argument but I disagree with what you imply the argument is. It should be how much credit should we give to all of the "greatest" coaches.
Not at all, I fully agree with you. Players make the biggest impact and every great coach had their great QB during their run, aside from Gibbs as you mentioned being the outlier.

I've made the argument before and I stand by it. I'll take the HOF QB with an ave HC over a HOF HC with an ave QB every time. QB makes the biggest impact on the field.

Kind of the point regarding your acknowledged homerism.
Actually, maybe I don't understand your point, but either way I disagree with you on principle. ;)

I agree with all of that but my point wasn't about the past but the future.

It's hard to believe Bill can recreate the "winning" ways with an average QB. Bill was lucky to have Tom for 20 years. He was a young 48 when Brady (23) threw his first pass. For example, Reid (63) may only get 10 years with Mahomes assuming they stay together.

With Tom gone, the team has no leader to "inspire" and to set an example for doing things the Patriots Way. Slater, McC, and High are great team leaders but they're not the franchise QB. That "it" the team had is gone.

When people want to pretend that Tom is just another player that Bill can replace with an avg guy that he can coach up, I'm out. It's not happening.

Any notion that Tom was in any way "just another guy" got blown to smithereens at the Bucs. This is obviously why the criticism for BB has mounted.

View attachment 30924
If you are comparing BB to these coaches, you have to take away their best QB's for 4/5ths of their careers too. Otherwise it is a dumb*ss frucking argument. Actually, it's a dumb*ss argument anyway.

If you are comparing BB to these coaches, you have to take away their best QB's for 4/5ths of their careers too. Otherwise it is a dumb*ss frucking argument. Actually, it's a dumb*ss argument anyway.
It's a joke man. Kontra got it. Everyone's so uptight about this Bill vs Brady thing. It's just football. Entertainment. No need to take it so seriously. I've been trying to joke around here but it's hard to get it across sometimes.

Edit: I'm only serious when talking with DaBruinz. Dude is scary serious.

It's a joke man. Kontra got it. Everyone's so uptight about this Bill vs Brady thing. It's just football. Entertainment. No need to take it so seriously. I've been trying to joke around here but it's hard to get it across sometimes.

Okay. I guess the jokes on me.
I'm a little dense sometimes. I'll take it down a notch. Someone must have messed with my Kool-Aide. Oh Yeah!!

Was it a joke when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???

with GIF

Not that another thread is warranted, but I would be interested in seeing a pure poll thread with this as the poll.

#1 Those who think Bill is still the GOAT coach without question.

#2 Bill is still one of the greatest coaches ever and debatablely the best. Think Montana before Brady arrived.

#3 Bill is a HOF coach but not one of the GOATs.

#4 Bill is a hack coach who lucked into having Brady for his QB otherwise he would have been nothing more than a great DC who failed at being a HC.

#5 Ray Lewis killed a guy and since Bill would have drafted him had he remained the HC of the Browns/Ravens he would have been an accessory to murder.

I think most fans on this board would vote for option #1 or #2, with maybe a few #3. Anyone who would vote #4 would be nothing more than a troll IMO.
That's a very accurate depiction of where Pats fans stand on BB. There's no way that "dozens" of fans think he sucks.

Because I wish that Brady finished his career here instead of Belichick doesn't mean that Belichick sucks. It means that his decision sucked.

Yes and no. Context is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back